Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? Vote_lcap9%Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Other
Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? Vote_lcap36%Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage

Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? Empty
PostSubject: Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT?   Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:20 pm

So..Who do you want at LB for saturday?

At the end of the day, you have to look at who will benefit the team most this coming saturday, not who is the best player overall and who has been the best player in the past, and I am sure Carl Fletcher will look at that.

My opinions are often known to change, however my opinion on Williams has been the same since pre season, that he is a perfectly capable left back. As has already been mentioned, Robbie was at Rochdale last season, before that Stockport, Huddersfield, Blackpool and Barnsley, he knows the lower leagues like the back of his hand and that experience is crucial, both in the dressing room and when he gets on the pitch.

In no way am I saying that Onismor Bhasera is a better player than Robbie Williams, however we obviously cannot play Baz on saturday, therefore I am selecting the only other left back we have in the side. Nelson: A natural CB/RB, Bignot: A natural RB but looks ok at CB, Blanchard: A natural CB/CM, Berry: A RB this season but was a striker often at Aston Villa, Soukouna: Well, ummmm I guess he doesn't really have a position, Williams: Experienced LB. To me, there are 2 viable options in Williams, and Bignot could fill the role however why take him out of the RB position.

John is right that there is not a 'huge' difference in playing at RB or LB, and I am sure Berry, Nelson or Bignot could do 'ok' at LB, however why have a weak point in the same, we need everybody to be playing in their natural positions, Williams is our ONLY cover left back.

I thought Williams was impressive in many of the games he played earlier in the season, I fully understand that he needs to work on his fitness and maybe he has been doing that in the time he's been out of the first team, perhaps. Williams was wrongly played at CB in our match against Stourbridge, a short tubby LB isn't going to adapt well to that positions and Ryan Rowe tore him apart for 90 minutes, I think that is what people remember most about Williams - The bad bits. However cast your minds all the way back the Millwall game, he was by far the best player on the pitch, making forward runs, taking on players and forcing their keeper into a wonderful save, another stand out game would be Macclesfield, when he played well and crashed home a wonderful left foot free kick from a fair distance, his set pieces are superb and would seriously challenge that of Paul Wotton.

I am not saying that Robbie Williams should now become our left back as Bhasera is most likely one of the best if not the best left back in League 2, however he's out for two matches, there is nothing we can do about that so instead of taking a chance, do what any other team would do and just stick your cover left back into the side.

I am starting to sound like a broken record, but Williams gets more bashing when the topic is brought up than Walton used to, and imo its unjust. I am also sure that Robbie thinks he has a point to prove, therefore he will go all out to be able to do that...I have confidence in him for a couple games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT?   Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Ashley Cole if he is available. If not, and if I had a time machine, Stuart Pearce.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT?   Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:12 pm

Block4Green wrote:
So..Who do you want at LB for saturday?

At the end of the day, you have to look at who will benefit the team most this coming saturday, not who is the best player overall and who has been the best player in the past, and I am sure Carl Fletcher will look at that.

My opinions are often known to change, however my opinion on Williams has been the same since pre season, that he is a perfectly capable left back. As has already been mentioned, Robbie was at Rochdale last season, before that Stockport, Huddersfield, Blackpool and Barnsley, he knows the lower leagues like the back of his hand and that experience is crucial, both in the dressing room and when he gets on the pitch.

In no way am I saying that Onismor Bhasera is a better player than Robbie Williams, however we obviously cannot play Baz on saturday, therefore I am selecting the only other left back we have in the side. Nelson: A natural CB/RB, Bignot: A natural RB but looks ok at CB, Blanchard: A natural CB/CM, Berry: A RB this season but was a striker often at Aston Villa, Soukouna: Well, ummmm I guess he doesn't really have a position, Williams: Experienced LB. To me, there are 2 viable options in Williams, and Bignot could fill the role however why take him out of the RB position.

John is right that there is not a 'huge' difference in playing at RB or LB, and I am sure Berry, Nelson or Bignot could do 'ok' at LB, however why have a weak point in the same, we need everybody to be playing in their natural positions, Williams is our ONLY cover left back.

I thought Williams was impressive in many of the games he played earlier in the season, I fully understand that he needs to work on his fitness and maybe he has been doing that in the time he's been out of the first team, perhaps. Williams was wrongly played at CB in our match against Stourbridge, a short tubby LB isn't going to adapt well to that positions and Ryan Rowe tore him apart for 90 minutes, I think that is what people remember most about Williams - The bad bits. However cast your minds all the way back the Millwall game, he was by far the best player on the pitch, making forward runs, taking on players and forcing their keeper into a wonderful save, another stand out game would be Macclesfield, when he played well and crashed home a wonderful left foot free kick from a fair distance, his set pieces are superb and would seriously challenge that of Paul Wotton.

I am not saying that Robbie Williams should now become our left back as Bhasera is most likely one of the best if not the best left back in League 2, however he's out for two matches, there is nothing we can do about that so instead of taking a chance, do what any other team would do and just stick your cover left back into the side.

I am starting to sound like a broken record, but Williams gets more bashing when the topic is brought up than Walton used to, and imo its unjust. I am also sure that Robbie thinks he has a point to prove, therefore he will go all out to be able to do that...I have confidence in him for a couple games.

Cobi, if you're going to copy, paste and recycle posts that you've already made on pasoti, could you at least do this website the courtesy of running your eye over it first, to avoid annoying out-of-context passages like the one highlighted. Agreeing with John Petrie would only work if he'd posted on this thread at all. Or was an ATD contributor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT?   Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:25 pm

Didn't even realise this was Cobi. Was going to suggest he post this on the farm and that Cobi and the other Avivas would love it ! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT?   Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:35 pm

I'll play if they're short of numbers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT?   Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 3:04 pm

A POLL!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT?   Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bhasera out, LB FOR SAT?
Page 1 of 1