Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.

Go down 
+3
X Isle
Freathy
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. Empty
PostSubject: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Recently had a trial with Sunderland and is represented by Wes Saunders (Agent/Former Torquay boss).

I hope he is as talented as the last roofer we picked up from the lower leagues.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Unproven, non league nobody who won't cost much. This fits the bill perfectly whilst we pretend to be interested in proven big names like Eastwood/Riordan with no intention of signing them.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:28 pm

In a team that reeks of youth, inexperience and the small matter of being totally crap we are looking at errrr roofers from Sunday League clubs
Fantastic Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Seems to have the right physique for a what we're looking for, i.e. 6ft plus, strong.

Remember we signed Dwight Marshall from non-league, Mariner, and Noone, so he could be worth a punt. He'd be cheap and give us a different option up front.
3 week trial with Sunderland means he must have something.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Our current 'strikers' are nowhere near good enough so I'm willing to give this lad a chance....if he lowers himself to play for by far the worst and skintest 'team' in the league. He's a big unit too which will help. But as usual, if he's any good he'll go elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:40 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Unproven, non league nobody who won't cost much. This fits the bill perfectly whilst we pretend to be interested in proven big names like Eastwood/Riordan with no intention of signing them.

Dwight Marshall was an unproven non league nobody at Grays.

To find the gold you have to sift through the dirt but having played and scored for Sunderland reserves against Everton and been on the radar for a host of league clubs the signs are better than for most.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:09 am

Pafcintheplace wrote:
Seems to have the right physique for a what we're looking for, i.e. 6ft plus, strong.

Remember we signed Dwight Marshall from non-league, Mariner, and Noone, so he could be worth a punt. He'd be cheap and give us a different option up front.
3 week trial with Sunderland means he must have something.

Exactly, how will you find the next Marshall, Mariner. Noone, if you don't give these players a chance?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:36 am

Could be a good signing and the feeling from NE journos (who Posty questioned) is that he is good enough for lowerleague football.

I think it was in Luggy's second spell that we organised a trialist event where 2 teams of trialists played each other and the better ones stayed on- this led to the signing of Arneson. Could something similar not be organised again (I'd imagine it would be a case of contacting agents/ football contacts etc)? There does seem to be a number of free agents available and we might be surprised by who shows interest. Chris Webb (I know you avidly read ATD still) sort it out (Mr President).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Well he is still on trial with us at the moment so hopefully he signs, I dont see the issue with simply offering him a contract and chucking him in the team, hes the sort of player we need. Hopefully we can get enough experience/ability in this side to stay up but I am not holding my breath. Its 50 50 at the moment for me, sitting on the wall.

(good to be back on here by the way Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 11:17 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
Well he is still on trial with us at the moment so hopefully he signs, I dont see the issue with simply offering him a contract and chucking him in the team, hes the sort of player we need. Hopefully we can get enough experience/ability in this side to stay up but I am not holding my breath. Its 50 50 at the moment for me, sitting on the wall.

Nice to see you back "It's better than your front" Eric Morecambe
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 9:12 am

Cobi Budge wrote:

He'll take away your sweeties !
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 11:45 am

Cobi Budge wrote:

Get you!, I have to settle for a fence round 'ere Laughing.

He'll either be good enough or he won't, i'm singularly unphased by the process of trials. I remember the hoo-ha that was levelled at Sturrock and Hollowords for looking in the non-leagues when we were in the CCC, I now look at Craig Noone and Ashley Barnes doing the business for my local team in the CCC and conclude that coaches are far better judges of talent than fans. So whatever will be will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:43 pm

I also give you one James "Headless Chicken" Mackie Esq., plucked from the Conference for the princely sum of £145k.
Notched for the Jocks today in sunny Larnaca

Did you make it to the game Tringy? sunny
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:56 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:
I also give you one James "Headless Chicken" Mackie Esq., plucked from the Conference for the princely sum of £145k.
Notched for the Jocks today in sunny Larnaca

Did you make it to the game Tringy? sunny

Am in Tring for a while. Went to the Oxford game. It was emotional.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.   Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial. Empty

Back to top Go down

Jarrow Roofing (Northern League Div 1) Striker on trial.
Page 1 of 1