Highwayman
Tgwu
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nzgreen

nzgreen

The Postman speaks - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:17 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It depends who you are lecturing though Bandwagon. If you lecture Religion to the religeous then all of them believe already. Give the same lecture to a class of Atheists then nobody will believe any of it. Your statement is 100% right. People will believe what take they have on all of this on each subject and being lectured at, whoever is doing it and from whatever angle, won't change minds. For some it's the song not the singer and for some it's both the singer and the song. It wouldn't matter much in his case what he said or whether any of it was right or wrong. It just depends what forum you happen to read it on.

One thing is for certain, this has got to be the worst PR disaster at the club in history - I honestly think Brent thought that his first 2 attempts at this development plan would have ALL fans forming queues for adulation, instead all it did was create a split in the fanbase!! At one point a few weeks ago I almost caved in and went along with it but, when you see stupid fans on pasoti actually stating things like 'we've won' when Brent brushed aside any WG factors, that is like a red rag to a bull to me and I suspect many others!! I can't ever remember seeing any of the superfans ever criticise Brent and that has never helped this situation!!

People like xisle treat this is as just another forum argument to ponce on about and try and 'win' by boring everyone else into submission. It isn't. Its fans voicing their rightful concerns for the future of the club. If things stay the way they are that mood is not going to dampen anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:24 am

Very interesting piece to read between the lines. First point, Brent is rattled if he wants a face to face, BTW that would involve conditions, TOR and strict monitoring of the guest list. Also I wouldn't bother, I have never been to these meet and greet bullshit fests. The very charming and clever mr. Brent will ooze credibility, understanding and charm his way into you thinking he has changed a viewpoint when he has actually reinforced his position, it what politicians and big business are trained for.
As for social media being in favour of the plans, well they would be as you orchestrate the response then ban any dissenting voices. You tried that on the Herald site then when the real fans wading in with their concerns claimed it had been hi jacked by the antis.
Yet again we have more bullshit that when we boil down to it just says "trust in Brent, I do." with the old proviso that if we don't stop it then Brent will walk away and we will be doomed.
As for why don't we all sit down and chat, it was Brent that was forced into a corner by the WG and made to sit down and talk. He was still knashing his teeth about the criticism of the club from the trust recently. After the majority of fans (only in my eyes not yours Chris) were very impressed and excited about them and Brent would have looked a right arse if he didn't speak to them, since then it has descended into a two week silence, political manoeuvring and rally the troops because we are shitting it, well shit away, shit away!
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:29 am

Xisle has surprised my over this whole debate. He was so anti Ridsdale and rightly so but seems happy to accept everything Brent has suggested regarding the development. Something just doesn't smell right to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:10 am

Chingers wrote:
Xisle has surprised my over this whole debate. He was so anti Ridsdale and rightly so but seems happy to accept everything Brent has suggested regarding the development. Something just doesn't smell right to me.

His directors box seat and car park space are being readied as I type.

PS: Lord Tisdale and Xisle are the same person, I can smell it like a pig smells truffles.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:15 am

I have remarked the same my learned friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:29 am

nzgreen wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It depends who you are lecturing though Bandwagon. If you lecture Religion to the religeous then all of them believe already. Give the same lecture to a class of Atheists then nobody will believe any of it. Your statement is 100% right. People will believe what take they have on all of this on each subject and being lectured at, whoever is doing it and from whatever angle, won't change minds. For some it's the song not the singer and for some it's both the singer and the song. It wouldn't matter much in his case what he said or whether any of it was right or wrong. It just depends what forum you happen to read it on.

One thing is for certain, this has got to be the worst PR disaster at the club in history - I honestly think Brent thought that his first 2 attempts at this development plan would have ALL fans forming queues for adulation, instead all it did was create a split in the fanbase!! At one point a few weeks ago I almost caved in and went along with it but, when you see stupid fans on pasoti actually stating things like 'we've won' when Brent brushed aside any WG factors, that is like a red rag to a bull to me and I suspect many others!! I can't ever remember seeing any of the superfans ever criticise Brent and that has never helped this situation!!

People like xisle treat this is as just another forum argument to ponce on about and try and 'win' by boring everyone else into submission. It isn't. Its fans voicing their rightful concerns for the future of the club. If things stay the way they are that mood is not going to dampen anytime soon.

Hi NZ, as you say Mr X has a bee in his bonnet for sure - glad to see you stood your ground with him many a time on there though. It's all a mess now and as for pasoti, it's only for believers now!!
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:31 am

Oh dear that andy_s mod is VERY ANGRY isn't he. Soooo funny watching him jump on every hhp thread tag teaming with pl2 faced and nool trying to beat down dissent and get everyone 'on message'. His mistake is to try and paint even the most eloquent, polite and thoughtful 'antis' as scum.

Unfortunately as far as the debate goes I gave up being eloquent and thoughtful some time ago so ahem,...

Hear this dickheads. We've got our own feckin forum where we don't get patronised by the mods and insulted by the owner, have our opinions and comments deleted, altered or moved off to terraces the first minute you get made to look stupid, and we have our own feckin opinions. So stick that up yer arse.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 11:42 am

Bandwagon wrote:
nzgreen wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Hi NZ, as you say Mr X has a bee in his bonnet for sure - glad to see you stood your ground with him many a time on there though. It's all a mess now and as for pasoti, it's only for believers now!!

Hi bandy

Yes. The view is better from here on atd. Good to see some new faces on pasoti having exactly the same stance as we did though.

Its not a done deal yet I think.

Btw did you see andy_s posting how someone has emailed pcc about hhp should not use one foot of parkland...basically Tudor Evans manifesto pledge. How did a mod on pasoti find that out...then have the minerals to post it? Surely that's confidential between pcc and the respondent? No it wasn't me btw.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 2:12 pm

I wondered that. But then I can't post on the other site to ask him...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Christ, this Up The Line bloke is roasting some chestnuts over on the other site - this is gonna get out of hand me fears!!
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:43 pm

Never trust a trade unionist they always look after themselves first and others second
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:22 pm

"justice therefore demands that no one should do more ruling than being ruled, but that ALL should have their turn"

ARISTOTLE (the politics)
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:27 pm

IJN's completely lost the plot - attributing comments from one poster to another and then arguing them back to that different poster as they all must have the same agenda, which Kevin D still hasn't been answered on. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Chingers wrote:

X-Isle is a self-righteous prick.

It's between him and Postcode for annoying dick of the year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Webb was giving his paper crown by brent, he is a brent puppet worried about losing his title when the develepor moves on. no other football club that i know of wants a smaller ground apart from brents gratefuls, i'm opposed to brents mini stand as it stands this whole mishmash of a hotel and a icerink is doomed to fail, time for plan b brenty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Webb was giving his paper crown by brent, he is a brent puppet worried about losing his title when the develepor moves on. no other football club that i know of wants a smaller ground apart from brents gratefuls, i'm opposed to brents mini stand as it stands this whole mishmash of a hotel and a icerink is doomed to fail, time for plan b brenty.

I wished that Brent had just came out something close to 20k without any goading - now hardening the stance on both sides will end in tears for either side!! There being the rub 'either side' - the very development that would encompassed 'ALL' Argyle fans has just fractured it!! Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

I wished that Brent had just came out something close to 20k without any goading - now hardening the stance on both sides will end in tears for either side!! There being the rub 'either side' - the very development that would encompassed 'ALL' Argyle fans has just fractured it!! Sad

The thing is, if Brent's Grandstand really was for the benefit of the Club and the fans and, the cinema and the hotel were for the benefit of the citizens of Plymouth, why on earth attempt such smear campaigns, have directors undermining the AFT, promote his own hand picked PASB, allow underhand dealings and corruption on what was the largest independent fans forum and allow an associate director to collect private and confidential information on people that have/had an interest in PAFC? - It's quite a list!

The very fact that Brent feels he needs to conduct his business in this way speaks volumes about him, his associates and his proposals.

And welcome to ATD Bandy, BTW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:40 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

All he had to do was make a compromise!! maybe a 19,500 capacity (an extra 2k seats ffs) with a clear and workable set of plans to increase by 2-3k if we ever got to the promised land,
But no, he arrogantly dismissed the WG plans, dug his heels in and has enraged large chunk of supporters and divided the fanbase.
Questions are now being raised, cans of worms being opened and rightly so ,i now hope the whole stinking plan gets de-railed, it will serve him right for dismissing the Trust with impunity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

i would like to confirm that i am the only true ANGRY and anyone who refers to that inferior fan as angry insults me Sad
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 1:40 am

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
i would like to confirm that i am the only true ANGRY and anyone who refers to that inferior fan as angry insults me Sad

Thus making you angry. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 7:04 am

GOB wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

The thing is, if Brent's Grandstand really was for the benefit of the Club and the fans and, the cinema and the hotel were for the benefit of the citizens of Plymouth, why on earth attempt such smear campaigns, have directors undermining the AFT, promote his own hand picked PASB, allow underhand dealings and corruption on what was the largest independent fans forum and allow an associate director to collect private and confidential information on people that have/had an interest in PAFC? - It's quite a list!

The very fact that Brent feels he needs to conduct his business in this way speaks volumes about him, his associates and his proposals.

And welcome to ATD Bandy, BTW.

As I said in another post, this has been a PR disaster from virtually every angle - I am still amazed that this whole deal up there is going to go through planning as it is!! As you say, coupled with the way he conducts business with/through his select clique it's all a bit mickey mouse or typical Janner affair - still someone mentioned the circus was rolling up in Central Park soon, perhaps it's arrived early!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 10:41 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I wonder if he ever tackles Newell and De Lar on their behaviour? Or is it just people who don't bow down and obey Brent?

Agree to this for reasons one pointed out sometime ago. I received a muted apology for the hassle caused. The person wanted to meet me for a pint. I would have thrown it over him.

Oh how Plymouth Argyle FC have gone down the wrong route with certain individuals from pasoti now running the show (bully boys one and all).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 10:49 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
I wonder if he ever tackles Newell and De Lar on their behaviour? Or is it just people who don't bow down and obey Brent?

Oh how Plymouth Argyle FC have gone down the wrong route with certain individuals from pasoti now running the show (bully boys one and all).

+100
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 10:55 am

So has Mr President replied to EJH? Or Newell? Or Postey?

Not a fuckin dickybird because that one post summed up everything that's wrong with Akkeron's plans and the sycophants who promote it on Pasoti.

In fact nothing from Andy Angry either because EJH will wipe the floor with them again.

Obviously Don't Panic, the brand new but already well versed with Pasoti politics poster has once again had his say, but it's far easier to post anonymously than to make yourself look like a fuckin spanner by using your own name.

EJH for president!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:07 pm

Webb has now responded to EJH - with nothing but insults - what a hypocritical wanker that man is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Postman speaks
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next