PlymptonPilgrim
125+1
Highwayman
Tgwu
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Postman speaks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:34 pm

Of course it's a load of bollocks Jock and you will always get a few that will be kissing his ass without even asking themselves why he chose NOW to come out with it, why it hasn't been mentioned before and why it hasn't been included in any drawing for the planning application.

It's the first sign that Brent believes his ambitions maybe going tits up, his first hint of panic and his first hint of flexibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:25 am

If the vast majority want this and it is merely a small group questioning this why the need for the tirade and rant. Has Brent got a sniff of wobbly councillors in the air?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:51 am

If the vast majority want this and it is merely a small group questioning this why the need for the tirade and rant. Has Brent got a sniff of wobbly councillors in the air?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:28 am

That's twice you that! Meh. alien
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 6:52 am

Webb is Brent's lapdog, that much is obvious. He is also devious and childlike in equal measure.

The bottom line in all of this is that without a real grandstand and the ability to expand to 30k, none but the 6k current fanbase will buy in.

The whole project can afford it and the football club needs it, if it is to have anything other than lower league aspirations.

This whole situation stinks of Brent getting away with as little as he can, before disappearing with the club still owing 'him' money and his dimwitted jamboys running the club with help from their sponsors. Nobody else will be interested.

Well played the banker. The village idiots want their own little train set and he knows it !
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:09 am

Person Of Interest wrote:
That's twice you that! Meh. alien

That's his multi

Damon have you had any replies from the Labours Concilors ? I have not
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:36 am

No - nothing yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:40 am

me neither
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:46 am

Strange that.

Lee Jameson keeps telling people to email Tudor with their concerns.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 7:53 am

green_genie wrote:
Strange that.

and the postman do not like it,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:10 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It depends who you are lecturing though Bandwagon. If you lecture Religion to the religeous then all of them believe already. Give the same lecture to a class of Atheists then nobody will believe any of it. Your statement is 100% right. People will believe what take they have on all of this on each subject and being lectured at, whoever is doing it and from whatever angle, won't change minds. For some it's the song not the singer and for some it's both the singer and the song. It wouldn't matter much in his case what he said or whether any of it was right or wrong. It just depends what forum you happen to read it on.

One thing is for certain, this has got to be the worst PR disaster at the club in history - I honestly think Brent thought that his first 2 attempts at this development plan would have ALL fans forming queues for adulation, instead all it did was create a split in the fanbase!! At one point a few weeks ago I almost caved in and went along with it but, when you see stupid fans on pasoti actually stating things like 'we've won' when Brent brushed aside any WG factors, that is like a red rag to a bull to me and I suspect many others!! I can't ever remember seeing any of the superfans ever criticise Brent and that has never helped this situation!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:14 am

Tgwu wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Strange that.

and the postman do not like it,

He certainly doesn't. He has this strange notion that he represents all Argyle fans when in reality he is a figurehead for a small percentage of Argyle fans who use Pasoti that's all. I asked a couple of mates who go to nearly every game if they had heard of him and none of them had.

He picks and chooses when to open his mouth and who to open it to and right now it just appears as though his master is feeling the heat so he sends Webby out with a message to post on Pasoti. In this message are little nuggets of information designed to quell any unrest but why wouldn't this information have been available form the outset? It would've sure stopped those pesky kids like EJH spreading their lies Very Happy

It's a pity he didn't feel the need to correct his bosom buddy who has spouted more shit than everyone else put together. With uncles and anties and grandparents and friends all affected by the plans for HHP, all for the better of course Sleep

The man who walks his dog in the park, who wants to watch movies in the park, to strap on some blades and a spangly Jane Torville outfit and triple toe loop to his hearts content before retiring to his hotel room in order to freshen himself up for the match, where he will take his luxurious seat in the magnificent stand, with the amazing sea view. All in all spending £150, which if you times by 17,500 is the estimated income Brent is basing all his projections on.

Just one thing though. If I had all these friends and relatives living so nearby I think I would pop over to one of their houses to make myself presentable rather than spend £60 on a hotel room, but then James wouldn't be benefiting so I can see where Porky is coming from.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:30 am

Sorry to put this here as well but I can't be bothered to type the relevant parts all over again. This JB says this or the architects say that, annoys the hell out of me. Don't talk about it. PROVE IT!

Chris,

firstly that letter I posted was one I spotted on another site and thought it needed viewing in the wider fan base. As for the chaps views, ( who ever he was ) was just one mans view. It may be an informed view, it may not.

The extension plans. You say you would prefer to listen to professionals. Some of us have been! Akkeron's own plans / drawings show quite clearly that some seats would have restricted views. Now unless those plans have changed, I will continue to believe Akkeron's engineers, other Argyle fans who happen to be engineers and my own eyesight. Akkeron also appear to have used a different criteria on their plans for the extension, than they did on the WG's plans. This needs clarifying along with the restricted view issue. How many seats would have a restricted view, would seem a fair question to have answered. There are pictures that have been posted on here in the last couple of days from the construction period of the horseshoe that also show anybody with even a basic knowledge of engineering that those seats will have restricted views. They also bring into question the idea that work could be done with one lane of the road open.

Has option 2b the even more doubtful £9 million been dropped? You must remember a lot of fans questioned the Akkeron staff closely at the Theatre Royal and they were certainly, much more interested in pushing the idea of rebuilding the Devonport End then the extension ideas. Which makes total sense to me. I ( and others) just can't see JB or anybody else spending £2.5 million ( at todays prices) on seats that will be difficult to sell because of restricted views.

As for the road. A lot of people and again professionals have concerns about that as well. The match day one that is now being talked about doesn't make any sense at all. I've just spotted you implying that it might be possible to move the road elsewhere in the future. Two things with that idea. It's very easy for a developer or their designers to say something is possible without saying how. Secondly saying you can do something and getting planning permission is two entirely different things.

I know I can build a loft extension in my house. I know how we would do it and near enough what it will cost. BUT it will never happen because Dartmoor National Park will not allow us to raise the roof to facilitate the required height to comply with building regulations. Hence we will never get planning permission.

Where is a different route for a road going to go that won't touch "green parkland" or damage protected trees? The WG is being told JB ( and the council ) will not touch Cottage Field. Although other areas appear to be less sacrosanct. Maybe the WG's route which appears to be the shortest and most sensible route in, should be revisited. No messing around on match days and no need for battles with planning departments and FoCP over planning permission for roads across parkland in the future. Or Stuart C's preferred route in through a short tunnel using the topography of the land at the back of the Devonport End. Both of those routes have been dismissed as too expensive.

Maybe it would be better for JB to just say the extensions aren't likely. The Devonport rebuild is a possibility if someone finds the money and that's it. We will all know exactly where we, and the club stands then. Or prove how the extensions will be done with costs.

BTW this drip feeding the possibility of a different route for a road is only going to create more questions with no answers and IMHO isn't helpful.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:34 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It depends who you are lecturing though Bandwagon. If you lecture Religion to the religeous then all of them believe already. Give the same lecture to a class of Atheists then nobody will believe any of it. Your statement is 100% right. People will believe what take they have on all of this on each subject and being lectured at, whoever is doing it and from whatever angle, won't change minds. For some it's the song not the singer and for some it's both the singer and the song. It wouldn't matter much in his case what he said or whether any of it was right or wrong. It just depends what forum you happen to read it on.

One thing is for certain, this has got to be the worst PR disaster at the club in history - I honestly think Brent thought that his first 2 attempts at this development plan would have ALL fans forming queues for adulation, instead all it did was create a split in the fanbase!! At one point a few weeks ago I almost caved in and went along with it but, when you see stupid fans on pasoti actually stating things like 'we've won' when Brent brushed aside any WG factors, that is like a red rag to a bull to me and I suspect many others!! I can't ever remember seeing any of the superfans ever criticise Brent and that has never helped this situation!!

Exactly. The Internet is an extremely powerful media and Brent thought he had that tied up by having Newell, who I believe had been the secretive PASOTI owner for sometime, eating out of his hand and had probably told Brent that the development was a done deal by using pasoti to promote his own character by way of free coaches and auctions that only one person ever won. It's no wonder that Newell was creating more multis than users and banging the living crap out of the ban button while doing everything he possibly could to bring down the competition and the Argyle Fans Trust

Reading what I have over the past couple of days convinces me that the tide is turning rapidly and that Brent has the jitters, the words of Webb are desperate, not thought out and extremely unprofessional and as Bandy has said, a PR disaster.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:57 am

Freathy wrote:
Very predictable and very depressing. Brent MUST be stopped and driven out of our club - and fast. All strength to the the Political campaign!

i find myself agreeing more & more
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 8:58 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I'd pick out one line in the missive (telling us once again how to be REAL supporters)

'These are great times to be supporting Plymouth Argyle'

Is this guy for real?

but these are great times affraid wonder what bad times would be like pale
defeat at rochdale to stay up yeah !!!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:04 am

Tringreen wrote:
his dimwitted jamboys running the club with help from their sponsors.

That's the day I call an end to any connection I have with PAFC.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:10 am

Tringreen wrote:

its already happening matey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:13 am

GOB wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Exactly. The Internet is an extremely powerful media and Brent thought he had that tied up by having Newell, who I believe had been the secretive PASOTI owner for sometime, eating out of his hand and had probably told Brent that the development was a done deal by using pasoti to promote his own character by way of free coaches and auctions that only one person ever won. It's no wonder that Newell was creating more multis than users and banging the living crap out of the ban button while doing everything he possibly could to bring down the competition and the Argyle Fans Trust

Reading what I have over the past couple of days convinces me that the tide is turning rapidly and that Brent has the jitters, the words of Webb are desperate, not thought out and extremely unprofessional and as Bandy has said, a PR disaster.

Exactly, Gob. This is nearly word-for-word how I would describe the current and ongoing debacle that is PAFC. Newell and De-Liar are really shitting themselves about their car parking spaces and seats in the directors box. The cuntability and wankanology of those two holds no bounds. They should set fire to themselves with immediate effect. elephant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:18 am

Elias wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

its already happening matey.

True Elias, but it's a bit like the Klingons borading the USS Enterprise. They are on board but haven't got full control, yet! Meanwhile a breakaway group of Cap'n Kirks security team are making a stand, i.e ATD and those with an ounce of sense to see what the feck is going on.

PS. Phasers set to kill. cherry
Back to top Go down
GM Vauxhall

GM Vauxhall

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:23 am

Problem with Chris Webb is he thinks he speaks for the fans. He doesn't . He was appointed by Brent and as such can never be independent no matter how much he protests otherwise. If he'd been elected then I'd have some respect for his position but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 9:38 am

GM Vauxhall wrote:
Problem with Chris Webb is he thinks he speaks for the fans. He doesn't . He was appointed by Brent and as such can never be independent no matter how much he protests otherwise. If he'd been elected then I'd have some respect for his position but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And yet he joins in with the AFT bashing at every opportunity. Usually via an alias because he doesn't want his skullduggery exposed to the people who hang on his every word.

The Chris Webb that most people associate with died a long, long time ago. He left his principles and sold his soul for a name badge and AAA pass. He's such a media whore that the title he was given and the opportunity to appear in the local papers and on the club website was too much to resist.

It also opened the door to him being a bloody expert summariser on the radio, because he's such a football expert!

He doesn't speak for me and plenty of others and he should make that known when he opens his big mouth. He speaks for Brent and himself.

He's become such a mouthpiece for Brent that even former friends think he's a cnut now. Arm in arm the socialist trade union rep and the ex-banker Tory property developerwho is taking bits of Argyle piece by piece to feather his own pension nest. Any decent socialist or trade union rep would laugh at his double standards. Scab
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:04 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Every fan has their own view to what is happening down there - it's simple you either believe or you don't and all the lecturing in the world just won't change it!! Razz

Wasn't it was goebbels who noted that repeating something over and over was usually enough to convince the masses that it was gospel?

This has turned into a war of attrition on pasoti. Good on those for sticking to their guns and asking awkward but pertinent questions. Specially liked stuart_c giving Webbs condescending use of the phrase 'professionals' the finger.

I stopped on pasoti as it was teasing the shit out of me arguing with the same 3 fans, xisle, all the mods (including their personal, multi accounts) and nool.

Anyone know what the trust are doing next?
Also are there any dates we should be aware of regarding the planning application?

Ps. Just love the way 'our' president singles out ejh in his papal bull. The man oozes class.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:08 am

At a minimum the whole affair has been a PR disaster.

From the outset we had the 36 times revised 'magnificent' two teired* grandstand immediately in the course of a couple of weeks downgraded to a single teir nonsense (*I'd still love to see the scheme and plans that were attached to this ascertion).
Back to the drawing board and we get the Brent shelf. Again everyone thinks why bother.

Back to the architects again and wait to you see the new CGI enhanced images and all will become clearer because we've all misunderstood the plans. And low and behold the corners are filled in and at one end we know have a school. Which (not)grandstand watchers might recall James Brent had no pans for at the Citybus open meeting.

Then of course there are tiny questions of having a cinema in the park at all, road access (which might bore some people rigid but needs sorting for the 2 and a quarter million visitors using it every year), the income from the retail units, the refusal to build on cottage field but encroachment on other areas of the park etc etc

Also you might start to worry when you hear people citing a lost view of the sea for not highering the grandstand roof, or hear that perhaps we shouldn't complain too loudly as if you think about James might just pull the plug, or that the Q&A's havent been answered etc etc

But if one dismisses all that then perhaps everything is really hunky dory

Last edited by Dougie on Fri May 17, 2013 10:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:16 am

I feel quite sad and annoyed after reading the Pasoti thread which follows "the presidents" heartfelt statement.

Gareth Nicholson is the man by the way. He says everything I want to but in a way I never could (well I did go to Torpoint Comp). I've stopped posting on Terraces and I'm going to stop reading Pasoti in general now or I'll get too angry to visit Bashington Manor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Postman speaks   The Postman speaks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Postman speaks
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next