Greenskin
Damon.Lenszner
Han Solos Other Ship
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" Empty
PostSubject: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 3:53 pm

Quote :
ARGYLE manager John Sheridan will stop at nothing to attract the right kind of players to Home Park.

Earlier in the season, John saw first hand the difficulties in luring players to the Westcountry, but is committed to working with coach Gary Owers to finding the men he thinks will help him take the club where he wants it to go.

“I’m going to work my socks off to get the players I want,” said John.

“If I get rejected by certain players, I’ll just look elsewhere until I get the players that I think are going to benefit us.

“Hopefully, with mine and Gary’s knowhow, we can attract play

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Able to keep Argyle in the Football League!
Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane? No it's SHEZZAMAN.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Able to keep Argyle in the Football League!
Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane? No it's SHEZZAMAN.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stop giving FV ideas Damon lol
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Now I have learned how to post images there's no stopping me!!!

Going to apply for a job on the Akkeron Regeneration CGI team next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:33 pm

A bit disappointed with Shezzaman's comments, all a bit Fletcheresque, but then, just what do you say to some stupid media outlet. It didn't sound that optimistic to me. Don't get me wrong, I quite like Sheridan, he's certainly a 200% improvement on the previous incumbent, but I'm not sold on him. He's recommended by Warnock, so that has to be a large tick in his favour, but the club really did only escape by a whisker. His tenancy will be defined within the first 6 months with exactly that ... what players he can attract.
It remains to be seen what will influence the better players at this level in whether they comit properly and come down this way. Continuing reliance on loans just will not do anything. Holloway had no difficulty, but then he was a totally different ball game, he's a motivator and dream purveyor. Will it be Argyle's continuing doldrums, schisms and failed reputation that continues to influence the football village, or will the new mini-build bring them flocking ? Will some of the better players be interested in brushing up on their waiting at table skills at the "school" while playing out their football ambitions. I guess it also depends on what other clubs are up to, and what their dream purveyors manage to purport.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 4:55 pm

worried of penzance wrote:
A bit disappointed with Shezzaman's comments, all a bit Fletcheresque, but then, just what do you say to some stupid media outlet. It didn't sound that optimistic to me. Don't get me wrong, I quite like Sheridan, he's certainly a 200% improvement on the previous incumbent, but I'm not sold on him. He's recommended by Warnock, so that has to be a large tick in his favour, but the club really did only escape by a whisker. His tenancy will be defined within the first 6 months with exactly that ... what players he can attract.
It remains to be seen what will influence the better players at this level in whether they come down this way. Holloway had no difficulty, but then he was a totally different ball game, he's a motivator and dream purveyor. Will it be Argyle's continuing doldrums, schisms and failed reputation that continues to influence the football village, or will the new mini-build bring them flocking ? Will some of the better players be interested in brushing up on their waiting at table skills at the "school" while playing out their football ambitions. I guess it also depends on what other clubs are up to, and what their dream purveyors manage to purport.

Shezzaman will do for me - and a 3 year contract was a good move.

Your insight into Holloway is spot on WoP. I love using this example -

The hottest property for any lower Prem/Championship side is always the top scoring striker being released from Man. Utd's reserves. SEB had flown from Manchester to London to have talks with then Premiership Watford. Holloway had persuaded SEB to fly down to Plymouth from London (bit more difficult these days but that's a whole different debate!). Watford had put on offer on the table.

We (Michael Dunford, Phil Gill, Ollie and I) met SEB and his agent at the airport and from the first second the 'sales pitch' from Ollie started. It was a gloriously sunny day and Plymouth was looking fantastic. We took SEB to the Hoe and the Barbican before talking 'shop' back at HP.

Holloway's 'file' on potential targets was superb (much to the credit of Gary Penrice). We knew that the No. 9 shirt was very important to Sylvan and as we dropped him back at the Airport Ollie thanked him for coming down and just as a little momento of the day gave Sylvan an Argyle shirt with the no.9 and Ebanks-Blake printed on it. They boarded the plane early evening promising an answer within a week.

At 11.30pm that same night Ollie phoned me absolutely buzzing. Sylvan had called and accepted our offer.

For a single man, or a foreign player we have an advantage over the grim northern shitholes (and even Watford!). Plymouth is a wonderful city. All this talk of struggling to get players down is because we are not looking in the right places. Look for the players lucky enough not to be married yet - or those coming over from foreign shores and we will not lose out on any of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 5:03 pm

players will go to where they feel they will achieve their own individual goals at. that and money of course.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 5:11 pm

'Tis only a bit of management speak;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Oh aye but after hearing it for the 6th time in a row under Fletcher it got on my tits
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Now I have learned how to post images there's no stopping me!!!

Going to apply for a job on the Akkeron Regeneration CGI team next.

You'll need an additional skill of being able to create micro buildings to get a job with them Damon. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 9:52 pm

It remains to be seen what will influence the better players at this level in whether they comit properly and come down this way. Continuing reliance on loans just will not do anything. Holloway had no difficulty, but then he was a totally different ball game, he's a motivator and dream purveyor. Will it be Argyle's continuing doldrums, schisms and failed reputation that continues to influence the football village, or will the new mini-build bring them flocking ? Will some of the better players be interested in brushing up on their waiting at table skills at the "school" while playing out their football ambitions. I guess it also depends on what other clubs are up to, and what their dream purveyors manage to purport.

Agreed. And lest we forget if it wasn't for Jason Banton we probably would have gone down.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:56 pm

Damon those words are so true !
however ANY player who comes to plymouth and does well will be worhsipped for years and years..............

bit of suprise shazzas family staying in leeds but it will depend how old his kids are in they in middle of exams etc not worth the disruption.

a decent assistant will make all the difference means sheridan can stay after away northern games in the north.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 2:36 am

Hugh Watt wrote:

Agreed. And lest we forget if it wasn't for Jason Banton we probably would have gone down.
If it wasn't for the bad luck of this year having a record high total needed to stay up, we'd have been safe by Easter. Swings and roundabouts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:56 am

That's hardly 'bad luck'.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:13 pm

I'd say that needing to be a lot better than usual due to other results is certainly unfortunate. In most seasons, the points Sheridan would have got would have had us safe by much more than a whisper.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:41 pm

I'd just say that it reflected a lack of quality in the top half of the table..ergo a missed opportunity to get promoted. Not Sheridan's fault, but we saw the likes of Burton and Exeter in the playoff mix for much of the season, it's no wonder that desperate sides at the bottom were able to cause 'upsets' throughout.

Sheridan will be judged on the forthcoming season. Fletcher's summer signings were frankly terrible. People expect improvement.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I'd just say that it reflected a lack of quality in the top half of the table..ergo a missed opportunity to get promoted. Not Sheridan's fault, but we saw the likes of Burton and Exeter in the playoff mix for much of the season, it's no wonder that desperate sides at the bottom were able to cause 'upsets' throughout.

Sheridan will be judged on the forthcoming season. Fletcher's summer signings were frankly terrible. People expect improvement.
It does reflect that too- but Sheridan's form was play-off quality and if we'd got 52 points last year we'd have been safe with 3/4 games to spare. It was just a tough league down the bottom compared to a poor year at the top. It's cyclical, last season was the exact opposite. I just don't think that 'only just staying up' sullies the quality of the job he's done when it needed a record.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:56 pm

We were utter dogshit thanks to Fletcher. Under the circumstances Shez did an amazing job that probably Mourinho couldn't have bettered.

Now he has time to build his own side and for someone who got Chesterfiled promoted and won a cup with them I'm actually looking forward to the coming season (at least on the field.....) as I think we finally have a bleddy good manager at the helm
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 3:37 pm

I think your all making too much out of it as Sheridan seems a fairly good direct communicator, if you remember Fletcher virtually only said "er yeah no, the lads worked their socks off" calm down, calm down! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Fletcher was the worse manager in the history of english football, my cat "dave "would have been better.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Sorry to be the one to break it to you Suffered, but your cat "dave" died 3 years ago; your partner replaced it with a lookalike called Warren who doesn't love you but just uses your for a daily portion of Felix and the odd affectionate stroke. The sick little feline bastard.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:27 pm

You just got to love Mocks posts clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:44 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Sorry to be the one to break it to you Suffered, but your cat "dave" died 3 years ago; your partner replaced it with a lookalike called Warren who doesn't love you but just uses your for a daily portion of Felix and the odd affectionate stroke. The sick little feline bastard.
mock you had me going ,but" dave" is just over a year old, he loves me and knows more about football than fletcher cat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 8:55 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
mock you had me going ,but" dave" is just over a year old, he loves me and knows more about football than fletcher cat

And loves his owner in a "special" way Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:09 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
"
And loves his owner in a "special" way Suspect
tut tut jock, dave and myself are just friends no "uncle jimmy" moments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"   Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off" Empty

Back to top Go down

Shez uses the words "Working", "socks" and "off"
Page 1 of 1