Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!

Go down 
+7
Rickler
Elias
Sir Francis Drake
GreenSam
Old Timer
Dougie
akagreengull
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! Empty
PostSubject: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Great Carl that's making us all feel so much better. You heard a manager say this once and think it sounds good or something?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The really worrying thing for me is that he doesn't seem too feckin bothered about it. We were never in the game today and were awarded a dodgy feckin penalty and still couldn't beat the managerless bottom two team at home. He should be apologising for shit like that but he just sounds like he's shrugging his shoulders. No big deal.

After Barnet, who are bottom of the league, we have a run of games coming up against all top ten sides. A long run against 7 of the top ten teams at the moment.

Do something. Give an indication you know what the problem is and how to fix it. Show some feckin passion. Anything or feck Off and don't come back.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:04 pm

He's not bothered and still sounds calm and collected, because his job is still publicly guaranteed by the "I know nothing about football" merchant banker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Quote :
They played non-league football last season and you can really see what it means to them, they work their socks off non-stop.

They will be back there again next season under this dundering buffoon.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:23 pm

They most certainly play non league football last season. He must have forgotten we played them home and away last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Dougie wrote:
They most certainly play non league football last season. He must have forgotten we played them home and away last year.

Indeed.

Another glowing testimonial to the depth and detail of Fletcher's research into our opposition.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Merchant Banker eh.I am sure that there is a rhyme there somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:07 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Indeed.

Another glowing testimonial to the depth and detail of Fletcher's research into our opposition.

On this Fletcher was talking about PCH and Griffiths who worked their socks off and were playing non-league football last season. He's still a cnut.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Indeed.

"Paris [Cowan-Hall] and Griff [Rhys Griffiths] really put a shift in for the team today.

"They played non-league football last season and you can really see what it means to them, they work their socks off non-stop. "

I read it as he was on about those players, not AFC Wimbledon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Then I stand corrected.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Can we just drop this "erm y'know" stuff? Its pathetic. He's a football bloke not the poet laureate. I don't care about about how he speaks. I care about what he says and does.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Can we just drop this "erm y'know" stuff? Its pathetic. He's a football bloke not the poet laureate. I don't care about about how he speaks. I care about what he says and does.

I agree. If I wanted to listen to eloquent speech, I'd go to see a play by Shakespeare.

But it is still time for him to go. If it were to be done it would be better if it were done quickly. (Macbeth .... sort of.)
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Then I stand corrected.

I stand beside you.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:38 am

but if he's a 'yeah, erm, you know' communicator then its no wonder we're awful.

er yeah well we er we need to eer you know get the ball in their box, erm er , erm Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:46 am

Have you ever listened to Harry Redknapp (he's regarded as a decent enough manager). I don't care if Fletcher communicates using a series of beeps and hand gestures - I'd just rather he did that elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I don't care about about how he speaks. I care about what he says...

Beautiful...

Sometimes the two are connected --

Which is why so many when talking about football are semi illiterate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:30 am

Rickler wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I don't care about about how he speaks. I care about what he says...

Beautiful...

Sometimes the two are connected --

Which is why so many when talking about football are semi illiterate.

Misquoting someone like that isn't very clever Rickler. You're better than that. And it's semi-literate not semi-illiterate you semi-literate you. It's against pasoti rules to not use the full post when quoting someone. I'd like you banned from pasoti immediately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:44 am

By definition if someone is "semi-literate' they are also 'semi-illiterate'.

I don't care what Fletcher sounds like. I do care about how he runs his team. And I have lost patience with that. Beating Barnet in the next match won't be enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:51 am

I was about to jump into the car yesterday to attend the match, it's not very often that I get the chance, I got as far as the car and turned around and went back inside, took my coat off and then walked across the road to the park to watch a bunch of teenagers kick a football around in a match that I can only describe as poor in quality but very high in entertainment value. I'll be doing that again.

I listened to the after match interview when I got back home and I can't even remember what was said, but the managers tone said it all to me, Fletcher is a beaten man.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:53 am

Just looked at the club's propaganda site and not surprised to see posts beginning to appear supporting clueless saying he should be given more time. with 'fans' like that who needs enemies?
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:59 am

Imagine what Pasoti would look like if we hadnt all got banned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:34 am

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Imagine what Pasoti would look like if we hadnt all got banned.

There'd just be even more of Newell's multi's running rampant trying to silence us lol!

And if Mr Newell takes offence to that comment, why are BOTH of his personal email addresses registered as active on Pasoti if he only had is one account?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:25 pm

knecht wrote:
By definition if someone is "semi-literate' they are also 'semi-illiterate'.
Tosh!

One is literate, or illiterate. There is no 'semi'.

HTH
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Can you be semi-pregnant?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Nah, wouldn't have thought so.

I'm male.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 3:36 pm

You can be semi ... and that's final.
Of course, you could be pedantic, but who would bother to talk to you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!   Erm ya know, they worked their socks off! Empty

Back to top Go down

Erm ya know, they worked their socks off!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next