GreenWhiteBlack
DutchGreen_Ray
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DutchGreen_Ray

DutchGreen_Ray

Realistic Expectations next season ?? Empty
PostSubject: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:57 pm

I would consider a top ten finish as a good step forward compared to the last 4 Seasons ??
Perhaps others are expecting a top 6 finish ?? I think there will be too much deadwood still under contract next season but this time next year he'll have full deck of his own cards to play with ??
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Im hoping for Playoffs and i think we'll achieve them

This league is pretty woeful so anything other than top ten would be pretty poor
Back to top Go down
DutchGreen_Ray

DutchGreen_Ray

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:10 pm

Chris Webb has just announced there is a Major Announcement coming early Friday morning ??
Cant imagine thats players so maybe the Stand Development ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:29 pm

I wouldn't hold out too much hope. If Webby's announcing it then it is forza salsa linked. As for the original question if Shezza can give us play off form from a Fletcher standing start why wouldn't you expect that after a full pre-season?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:41 pm

I don't know anymore. Most people would be satisfied with a season where we're not crapping ourselves fearing relegation.

Not a strong league and if Sheridan can get a striker and a playmaker I can't see any reason why we shouldn't be at least challenging for promotion, but that might be over ambitious after the last few years.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Im hoping for a cup run, promotion and a feck off stand. im expecting a first round exit, relegation and newell running the club
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Play offs at the very least. When you look at some of the clubs in this league, it's a disgrace that we have Been struggling against them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Play offs are top 7. It has to be top 7. We can't have another relegation scrap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Top 10 and a flirtation with the Play Off's for me.
Pompey , Bristol Rovers and Mansfield will be the teams challenging for outright imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Promotion. Webbys big news is probably to do with fes or fil a d will be a firet in football for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Depending on who John brings in i would say a outside chance of a playoff push is on the cards. However i do feel that a top 12 finish is minimum for our league placing next season.

I dont expect us to win the league or gain promotion but we have a good manager in John Sheridan so i am confident we will at least wont suffer another relegation battle.l
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:41 pm

compared to recent seasons 12th would be a stride forward !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 1:22 am

Pokesdown wrote:
I wouldn't hold out too much hope. If Webby's announcing it then it is forza salsa linked. As for the original question if Shezza can give us play off form from a Fletcher standing start why wouldn't you expect that after a full pre-season?
Well we are losing Bryan and we weren't as good without Cox and Banton tbf.

To re-produce top ten/top half as a bare minimum form over a full season would be a step in the right direction and I wouldn't say no to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 6:52 am

Indeed Sam but if I don't think he would have signed without some guarantee of support. If he found those players in an emergency why couldn't he find those players given 3 months notice?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 12:19 pm

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Im hoping for Playoffs and i think we'll achieve them

This league is pretty woeful so anything other than top ten would be pretty poor

Now the Shezza has signed a contract to stay here,one must hope that Argyle will be contenders for a Play-Off spot at least and even automatic promotion at a push.

In an ideal situation,a trip to wembley in the League Two Play-Off final would generate vast interest and also much needed income for the club.

I do not do my predictions until the fixture list is released,but teams i have in mind to do well in League Two next season are Bristol Rovers,Oxford United,Argyle,Bradford City [if they do not go up this month],Southend United and Fleetwood Town,along with possibles Mansfield Town and Hartlepool United..

I was going to include Portsmouth in the above,but not sure how they will fair in their first season down here. They could have a blinder of a season,but then again,they could have a horror of a season.

Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 1:00 pm

I would settle for mid table mediocrity without ever looking like relegation fodder after the last few years to be honest. However I think we have an excellent manager in place now who will want to win the league. Play offs would be fantastic
Back to top Go down
gil.

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 1:06 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
I would settle for mid table mediocrity without ever looking like relegation fodder after the last few years to be honest. However I think we have an excellent manager in place now who will want to win the league. Play offs would be fantastic

Agreed. Anything mid table or above will be acceptable.

I'd just like a few extended winning runs. We need to get some confidence back into the fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Depends on the budget. If Sheridan is able to sign the players he wants I don't see why we're not challenging for promotion or the play-offs, but if Brent isn't opening the coffers for Sheridan then mid-table at best.

We're very, very lightweight in attack and midfield so we need to make our signings count.

As always there will be some decent players available on a free this summer so it's down to wages and we should be competing with the vast majority of League 2 clubs and probably some League 1 clubs too.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:11 pm

True that jock but I don't think JS would have signed up if he knew he wasn't going to be backed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 3:38 pm

True that jock but I don't think JS would have signed up if he knew he wasn't going to be backed

The problem is JS has gained a promotion from this league with Chesterfield on probably a fraction of the budget that SHOULD be available for an Argyle manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Got to be aiming for the top three this is the fourth division we are playing in, if we fail it will probably because brent yet again did not come up with a competitive budget, last season we had clueless to blame now at least we have a proper manager.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptySat May 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Depends on the budget. If Sheridan is able to sign the players he wants I don't see why we're not challenging for promotion or the play-offs, but if Brent isn't opening the coffers for Sheridan then mid-table at best.

We're very, very lightweight in attack and midfield so we need to make our signings count.

As always there will be some decent players available on a free this summer so it's down to wages and we should be competing with the vast majority of League 2 clubs and probably some League 1 clubs too.

JS says he will address that as top priority..

I just find it refreshing that Argyle now have a Manager who knows what to do and knows what the score is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptySat May 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Greenjock wrote:

The problem is JS has gained a promotion from this league with Chesterfield on probably a fraction of the budget that SHOULD be available for an Argyle manager.

He can get blood out of a stone as we seen this season and with chesterfield. I still feel and outside chance of a playoff push is our aim i certainly wouldnt be planning promotion parties just yet like on twitter last night due to a PR stunt.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptySat May 04, 2013 12:28 pm

This division is SHIT! Clubs with gates of around 2k challenge for promotion FFS! I'm sick of all this "I'd be happy with top 10" shit! I DEMAND and EXPECT Argyle to be up there with champions elect Pompey challenging for an auto spot! Anything less is completely UNACCEPTABLE!

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? EmptySat May 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Freathy there, on the fence again Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Realistic Expectations next season ??   Realistic Expectations next season ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Realistic Expectations next season ??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next