Flat_Track_Bully
125+1
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
125+1

125+1

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:26 pm

I hate being negative, but im also a realist, have run the rule over Argyles current squad, we are this time destined for the drop

Midfield of Wotton,Hourihane piss poor, no legs and no vision.

Up top, Chadwick,Feeney thats 10 goals, Then 3 youngters. lucky if thats 10 goals

I think we could be looking at a new for mation this season

2 - 4 - 4 - 1

Two goalkeepers could be the key to us staying up Very Happy

Joking aside, we still require at least 2 strikers, 2 centre mids, 2 wingers, and a right back. 7 players

forget about us having a 24 man squad we cannot realisticly count 1st year pro's

Time is ticking, every other team seems to be adding a whole host of players.

another depressing season ahead.
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:31 pm

125+1 wrote:
I hate being negative, but im also a realist, have run the rule over Argyles current squad, we are this time destined for the drop

Midfield of Wotton,Hourihane piss poor, no legs and no vision.

Up top, Chadwick,Feeney thats 10 goals, Then 3 youngters. lucky if thats 10 goals

I think we could be looking at a new for mation this season

2 - 4 - 4 - 1

Two goalkeepers could be the key to us staying up Very Happy

Joking aside, we still require at least 2 strikers, 2 centre mids, 2 wingers, and a right back. 7 players

forget about us having a 24 man squad we cannot realisticly count 1st year pro's

Time is ticking, every other team seems to be adding a whole host of players.

another depressing season ahead.

Nail on head 125. A couple months back I had hopes, now it's just very disappointing.
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:41 pm

Same as I see it at the moment. Unless freeing up Walton's wages is going to lead to 3 or 4 good signings, I think we've all been sold a dud.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Major players from last season's squad that we have lost are:

McDonald
Walton (top scorer)
Hemmings
Larrieu

To replace them we've added a striker/winger from Woking and a goalkeeper. That signals to me that as it stands we are in for another season skulking around the bottom of the league.

Looks like we need at least a decent striker, a decent creative midfielder, some defensive cover and a winger to be competitive. If we get 3 of those 4 then maybe we'd be a mid-table side, and at least 'on the up'. If we don't then its another season of strife. I really can't see us signing any more than 3 of those, and I'm starting to suspect we won't get even that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Unless we get at least that FTB then it's pretty safe to say that Brent's mugged us big time.

As it stands and barring some sort of freaky management ability to somehow install skill into this squad then relegation seems to be a hot favorite.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:11 pm

you'll be able to tell how well we are doing by the number of times you hear or see written "we are lucky to have a club"
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:18 pm

I've never held any hope whatsoever since brent's been here. Like last season we're again prime candidates for being expelled from the FL next May for being too shit.

We have not been saved!

BRENT OUT!
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:22 pm

I think we are in for a long old season,just cant see where the goals are going to come from.
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:23 pm

The creative midfieder is THE most pressing need, some sort of old fashioned inside forward sort like Friio or someone with the vision and just half the craft of Steve McCall. Every club that has been going places that have visited Home Park during our fall from grace, like Brighton, have had that sort of player dictating everything..... most other clubs have made a better fist out of this position than we have and have had a player I would have grabbed immediately over one of ours. It's not looking good and a 4th consecutive slow start is now almost guaranteed.

Naturally, the puppets are continuing to say they're just glad there's a club ..... the latest excuse for absolutely everything, and of course they won't want to upset Harry just as he's working out what fans get what as a thankyou. It's just the latest dressing on a very old story indeed at the club.... too many people happy just to get a good meal and a chat at the club, and not much else.... like some sort of old fashioned working mens' club for bored old codgers, some with money, most with little.
It has never surprised me this attitude. Success is not REALLY important, especially considering it would mean thousands of 'plastic Plymouthians' as they call them turning up at Home Park competing for a good view. That would never do.... like a sad barfly clique that mistrust any strange face that walks through a pub door. Where are the Bill Pearces these days ? the sort that go out into the community and welcome strangers and returnees alike.

Last edited by Penz on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:24 pm

lol!
Freathy wrote:
I've never held any hope whatsoever since brent's been here. Like last season we're again prime candidates for being expelled from the FL next May for being too shit.

We have not been saved!

BRENT OUT!

NO SHIIIT lol!
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:53 pm

If this thread had been started a week before the season started I'd have to agree with the OP. However, we have 7 weeks before the season starts so let's see what ins and outs we have in the next month or so before making a judgement.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:59 pm

Really love to come on here and say it looks like we ar going to have a positive season, but taking into account, the current squads past history and ability, sadly there is no evidence of this. Was somewhat depressing to read Fletchers comments yesterday that he does'nt envisage getting more strikers as we already have five, as we are well equipped in that department. But as somebody has already said we are talking Chadwick with his less than exciting goal rate and injury problems, and Feeney who well, is "great" at holding the ball up but is basically not going to get the ball in the net , for christs sake. And we have three inexperienced young players. So unless Fletch can turn lead into gold, we have to be looking at halfway in the table (looking at it positively). Here's hoping, but I really feel I will be going next season out of loyalty rather than positive expectation.
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Bob,six weeks actually.Time flies quicker than you think.Its all this bleddy rain.
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 4:52 pm

Sooty and Sweep already have their charity trip to the top of Kilimanjaro booked to distract the farm from another season of garbage on the pitch. Webb must be confident we will be safe this season as the event encompasses 3 crucial Argyle games at the business end of the year. Ah well at least they get to plant the Forza Verde flag at the top of the mountain.

St Lukes is a terrific cause however the cynic in me is saying Jeff , Kammy and the Soccer AM crowd are going to love this one as a sabotaged publicity stunt for the "Superfans" to get their teeth into. jocolor

Be prepared for even more nauseating hero worshiping on the farm, as the faithful pass the flag, bang the drum and milk the typos from deepest Africa whilst us mere mortals in the real world put up with another season of drivel at Harry Towers.

Depressing aint the word for it!

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:36 pm

oddball wrote:
Bob,six weeks actually.Time flies quicker than you think.Its all this bleddy rain.
Sorry Al, you are indeed correct, 6 weeks today. Still plenty of time for things to happen.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:47 pm

Keepitgreen wrote:
oddball wrote:
Sorry Al, you are indeed correct, 6 weeks today. Still plenty of time for things to happen.

In theory of course there's plently of time for things to happen. But deep down we all know we will be going into the season with one of the worst squads in the division, if not THE worst.
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:12 pm

It really does scare me even when we were shite under Hodges 4th Division side of the late 90s we were still attracting players of the calibre of Paul McGregor, Chris Hargreaves and Paul Gibbs.

Fletcher has already resigned himself publicly to losing out on his "A" list options, the longer this window drags on with no positive signs on the player front the more convinced I am that yet another season of pain awaits us.

Never mind, Feeney does a mean Tom Jones in the freshly painted dressing room and the mural is inspiring us all as well as having a BIG flag! Y'know it will all work out in the end.
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Back in the late 90's McCauley saw Hodges success in getting Torquay to the play off final on a shoe-string and liked what he saw. Forward 13 years and Brent has the same idea, except theres no chance of us nabbing Martin Ling because that would mean CHEATING.

Torquay are no longer little brothers to be mercilessly mocked, they are now seen as something to aspire to. It's that bad.

Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm

We got Robbie Williams they got Tom Cruise.The first few weeks of the season will be crucial,a good start and everything will be hunky dory,whoever if we struggle then the knives will be out for Fletch and Co.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Look you lot, we have a massive club, with a massive owner and a massive President and massive superfans, and we'll soon have a massive fans board which will be massive.

The next week will be massive in the life of this club, which we nearly didn't have by the way so massive thanks to James, and the following weeks will be massive, even more massive than next week if that's possible, which all leads up to the first game of the season which will be massive, with a massive 6,000 crowd and massive flags.

We're in for a massive season, and I have a massive stiffy.
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:20 pm

I wouldn't call that massive.
Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm

And at the most massive point in Argyles season our massive president accompanied by his entourage of massive superfans will be straddling a massive mountain armed with our massive flag missing 3 of the most massive games in our history, massive 6 pointers against the massive Fleetwood, Bradford and Chesterfield.

I cant wait for the massive typo error updates from the massive mount kilimanjaro jocolor
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 1:20 am

Greenjock wrote:
Unless freeing up Walton's wages is going to lead to 3 or 4 good signings, I think we've all been sold a dud.

Aren't we projected to make a loss this season?
I think part of Brent getting the club cheaply, was that the costs going forward were several millions for the near future and he agreed to aborb those.

I think the freeing up of Waltons wages will be put to paying who we have already.
I am guessing there will be as little investment (meaning new players) as possible.

It will be interesting to see if Brents "rainy day" fund for a player gets used for the upcoming season.

I wonder how much was in the season ticket kitty when he took over the club?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Can't seem to get an answer?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 8:05 am

Arch Stanton wrote:
And at the most massive point in Argyles season our massive president accompanied by his entourage of massive superfans will be straddling a massive mountain armed with our massive flag missing 3 of the most massive games in our history, massive 6 pointers against the massive Fleetwood, Bradford and Chesterfield.

I cant wait for the massive typo error updates from the massive mount kilimanjaro jocolor

You've neglected to mention the massive support team neaded to carry their massive ego's up the mountain...
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:26 am

Rickler wrote:

Aren't we projected to make a loss this season?
I think part of Brent getting the club cheaply, was that the costs going forward were several millions for the near future and he agreed to aborb those.

I think the freeing up of Waltons wages will be put to paying who we have already.
I am guessing there will be as little investment (meaning new players) as possible.

It will be interesting to see if Brents "rainy day" fund for a player gets used for the upcoming season.

I thought it was Ridsdale who predicted losses for last season (circa £1m) which would've been based on Heaney/BIL buying the club and would've included whatever Ridsdale paid himself as the new owner.

According to some on pasoti, a deal was struck with Walton last season (spreading his wages over 2 seasons) which enabled us to sign Purse & Wotton within the 55% ruling. If that is correct, with Walton now off the payrol along with Johnson and Fletch & Ro also off the playing staff wagelist, even with the 7% football creditors debt I would've thought there's plenty of leeway to get in a couple of 'established' players with some left over for loan signings as required.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bottom 5 realistic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom 5 realistic   Bottom 5 realistic Empty

Back to top Go down

Bottom 5 realistic
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next