seadog
Czarcasm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Chingers

Chingers

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Took the motor to the car wash so it's all sparkley now.  Negotiations have also now reached an advanced stage with youngest daughter on a price for vacuuming it. I've offered £3, she's holding out for £5. I'm not budging.

£3 and free lifts to her friends houses. Or £5 and she pays 50p per lift to her friends houses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Chingers wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Took the motor to the car wash so it's all sparkley now.  Negotiations have also now reached an advanced stage with youngest daughter on a price for vacuuming it. I've offered £3, she's holding out for £5. I'm not budging.

£3 and free lifts to her friends houses.  Or £5 and she pays 50p per lift to her friends houses.

Thanks Chingers. We've settled at £3, free lifts and a packet of Butterkist Toffee popcorn, with the popcorn dependent on the level of cleanliness following inspection.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Peggy * wrote:
Been to Sainsbury's today. No smell of poo. Used the voucher I got last time, when my shop would have been 10p cheaper up Asders or Tescos. Got another voucher for next time, as my shop would have been £1.55 cheaper up Asders or Tescos.

In other news, lots of babies will be born today, and tomorrow, and the day after. And every day.

The "sails" on the front of Sainsbury's are designed to draw air over the top of the building rather than risk the Plympton pong entering shop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Richmond Walk near the free slipway always smells of poo. #onlyinplymouth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 5:31 pm

I think the smell of poo is over-rated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Chingers wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

£3 and free lifts to her friends houses.  Or £5 and she pays 50p per lift to her friends houses.

Thanks Chingers. We've settled at £3, free lifts and a packet of Butterkist Toffee popcorn, with the popcorn dependent on the level of cleanliness following inspection.

bloody tory lol!
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 2:48 pm

Two encounters with nature (red in tooth and claw innit) yesterday. The second one involved a squirrel, which we (two small people and I) saw bustling round the roots of a big tree. The small people approached the tree from the other side, and leaned towards a handily placed fork in the trunk to see what the squirrel was up to. At the same time, the squirrel (presumably the same one) popped its head up to see what the small people were up to. The small people jumped, the squirrel jumped, and I laughed. A lot. I think you had to be able to see the look on the squirrel's face, mind.

The first encounter involved a parrot, which we (two small people, one of whom was still in her jamas, and I) saw hanging around outside a neighbouring flat early yesterday morning. Probably not suitable for a mundane thread, but they've done pictures of it in their summer holiday diaries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:02 pm

I've killed two rats, one yesterday, one today.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 3:17 pm

Murderer, ban him.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 7:43 am

Rats have rights too you know, first badgers now rats, he's obsessed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 8:59 am

Just for the record I have never killed a badger, but they don't steal my day old chicks. Sad to find a little pair of wings a beak and feet on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:51 am

Just one banana left. And no yoghurt in the fridge.

It's all in hand.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 5:36 pm

More news I forgot earlier. When I went for my swim last night, locker number thirteen (unlucky for some) was already in use. Flaming cheek. Unable to use it, I resorted to number three (lucky for some). Wary of the potential consequences, I took extra care while walking on wet surfaces and didn't have my sauna quite as hot as usual. No injuries or harm were sustained.

Today, I went for my swim this afternoon (athletics on the telly tonight innit). Thankfully, locker number thirteen (unlucky for some) was available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:07 pm

I lived in number 13 when I was a little kid.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Close call Peggy, write your name on locker door and some profanity, only wite it in wax crayons as then you can always blame it on the small people. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Back up to Derriford Monday to see consultant, find out if problem was ulcerative colitis or chrones.
Big difference.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 9:51 pm

I was born on the 13th, and I shared the date with a now passed on tory think yourself lucky Smile This evening I am drinking plonk with lemonade ( to make it palatable) sitting in the near dark listening to insect noises and enjoying the light aroma of a lighted vanilla scented candle.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptyFri Jul 26, 2013 10:00 pm

Posh cow! dry ship so tea and give my new pillows a savage turking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:20 am

Is there any other way except savage?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 6:19 pm

One could try a gentle turking but I find savage is always the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Highwayman wrote:
Close call Peggy, write your name on locker door and some profanity, only wite it in wax crayons as then you can always blame it on the small people. Hope this helps.

Liking your style, Highway. I didn't go swimming today, and probably won't go tomorrow, but I'll try to remember to put some crayons in my swimming bag for Monday (if there aren't any there already, along with a plastic peppa pig, the lid of my favourite pen and a half empty packet of crisps).

Was going to go to Lidl today to sort out the banana / yoghurt situation. Got there and decided it was too drab. Went to the Coop instead (divvy innit).
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Went family food shopping at sainsbugs today and bought a cantaloupe.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 10:58 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Went family food shopping at sainsbugs today and bought a cantaloupe.

Is that a big American car?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 11:36 pm

No Jock its something you put round a nosey Giraffe's neck to keep it in check.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 2:27 pm

My Gran used to buy Guadaloupe melons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 23 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next