Mapperley, darling
Peggy
seadog
Czarcasm
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:26 am

The Peregrine Falcon does not build a nest it uses a scrape on a ledge or will make use of an old nest built by another large bird which is what the Cann quarry birds have done this year
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I dunno.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySat May 11, 2013 10:42 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I dunno.

Just goes to show how far we've lost sight of what's really important #neoliberalbullshit

In other news, should this thread be renamed? Knecht's titwatching thread, maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:15 am

Did you know that swifts mate, eat, sleep and lay their eggs on the wing? And scientific studies have shown up the myth that they migrate - they actually bury themselves in the mud at the bottom of ponds & hibernate.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:36 am

Where the fook is google when you need it..........................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySat May 11, 2013 5:18 pm

knecht wrote:
Did you know that swifts mate, eat, sleep and lay their eggs on the wing? And scientific studies have shown up the myth that they migrate - they actually bury themselves in the mud at the bottom of ponds & hibernate.

I thought that was Barnacle geese
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySat May 11, 2013 6:26 pm

The young men of Bere Alston adopt a similar practice when winter approaches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:11 pm

I've just finished this book, if any one wants to borrow it, let me know.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Hairy I have already read it thanks all the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:28 pm

my missus says i have no need to read it Embarassed....but i am making homemade chicken soup, unlike Jock , i have no samphire
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:20 pm

I lived with a huge penis for a few years. Then I saw the light and threw him out.

Meanwhile, my photo driving licence runs out tomorrow, but I can't renew it as the site's down for scheduled maintenance. Hope I don't get arrested.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:35 pm

The Duke of Cornwall in St Austell won't be doing their Sunday lunch on 12th June as the girls are off to the Isle of Wight festival. I think I might have spam sandwiches that day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:42 pm

im drying a towel on top of the oven
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
The Duke of Cornwall in St Austell won't be doing their Sunday lunch on 12th June as the girls are off to the Isle of Wight festival. I think I might have spam sandwiches that day.

I like spam, not a modern day thing but then I also enjoy dripping if I can get to it befor it's used for gravy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 6:45 pm

knecht wrote:
Well, you're not allowed to argue with science, so I guess that must be true.... well, for now, until another scientist comes along, mates with a Bishop of influence, and changes everything. Is there water on Mars today, or no ? tomorrow maybe ? I haven't seen the latest tweets from Voyager (privee).
I must be a rather slow individual, I find it difficult keeping up with all these wonderful advances, all these canonisations of knowledge.
House martins need mud to build their nests, or at least they did last year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:21 pm

I've been taking Magnesium Citrate lately and it does seem to have health benefits. Apparently we all consume far too little magnesium and should take it in some form.

Two weeks without smoking now, and not craving nicoteen at all. Still wearing patches and have an inhalator but I very rarely use it.

On the downside I have man flu, probably too much magnesium, and have a poorly son who is producing enough snot to fill a years supply of Mr Kipling's apple pies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Glad to hear that Jock, keep at it. Good luck... there are few windows when you can give these things up successfully. Watch out for a kick when you come off the proxy delivery systems.
As for man flu, apparently there's an operation these days.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 7:43 pm

I cleverly started a 'form guide' preview of the England - New Zealand series before the players had even started their final warm-up/county matches, therefore have spent much of the last hour or so meticulously (ha!) editing what I'd already penned, then re-writing it completely only to decide it was all a little boring anyway. :--) Clownyness.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Should have been in Plymmuff on Tuesday but another "vessel" has nabbed my run, curses.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 9:12 pm

seadog wrote:
Should have been in Plymmuff on Tuesday but another "vessel" has nabbed my run, curses.

Bollocks, I suppose that'll be before 0900. Tell those boys to get their PECs

Seamen talk. Smile
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 10:31 pm

It's the Tonia so I doubt she will be early...................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 8:41 am

Midnight ......
Fire alarm starts "malfunction" beep every minute or so.
Curse & go downstairs to switch them off at the mains.
Get back into bed.
Alarm still beeping.
Get out of bed and searched for instruction leaflet.
Found it.
Told I need a screw-driver to remove cover.
Clamber on chair to the offending alarm.
Chair almost topples off stair as it only just fits.
Try to bodge removal using a variety of household implements.
Failed.
Get some clothes on and go outside & down to basement to my tools.
Take cover off and remove alarm unit.
Settle back into bed.
Freezing cold (It's mid-May!!!!)
Make hot-water bottle.
Apply cream to my sore bad leg & have to wait for it to soak into skin.
Back into bed.
Alarm still beeping even though disconnected.
Get up & remove battery I should have removed after I had taken unit from fitting.
Up and down three or four flights of stairs through all this. Wide awake. Sod it.
Gone 1:00 before I get to sleep.

Woken at bloody 6:00 as another of the alarms starts to do the same.
Shit happens.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:05 am

There's a reason why the hammer was invented Knecht.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:07 am

GOB wrote:
There's a reason why the hammer was invented Knecht.

To bang in screws?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:11 am

To fix any other smoke alarms you have because I can promise you that all the batteries will run out within a few days of each other. God makes it like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next