gasser9
Han Solos Other Ship
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Larrieu off. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Good luck to Romain,there haven't been many better keepers at HP than him when he was at his peak before he sustained that awful injury and a subsequent battle with cancer.Still good enough to easily hold his own at CCC level,different class to McCormack IMHO and more significantly,Tony Pulis's opinion.He also played his part in keeping the club in the FL last season but a new broom sweeps clean and maybe best for all parties for him to move on now.Still a sad day though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:09 pm

you know this is my gripe with the murals. Its not the murals themselves they are fine (bar the designs very photoshop esq) its how fans sorry ian and nikkk decide who should get one.

Someone like Larrieu is very deserving of one (yes i know he has one) and it should be an honor for him to be chosen to be remembered like that in lieu of a hall of fame (do we still have one?)
however when you see the likes of Buzsaky, Timar and Halmosi having one and purse which has gone i know it ruins the prestige of how the mural could be used for Honoring real club legends.

Sorry i know its nowt to do with the topic i just wanted to get that off my chest.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
you know this is my gripe with the murals. Its not the murals themselves they are fine (bar the designs very photoshop esq) its how fans sorry ian and nikkk decide who should get one.

Someone like Larrieu is very deserving of one (yes i know he has one) and it should be an honor for him to be chosen to be remembered like that in lieu of a hall of fame (do we still have one?)
however when you see the likes of Buzsaky, Timar and Halmosi having one and purse which has gone i know it ruins the prestige of how the mural could be used for Honoring real club legends.

Sorry i know its nowt to do with the topic i just wanted to get that off my chest.

Spot on!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 5:14 pm

It seems as though Larrieu is worthy of a mural but not a paid position at the club.

Shortly after Larrieu's departure was announced David Friio tweeted this "Sad news today. @RomainLarrieu leaving the club is a real shock to me.It leaves me a bad taste in the mouth. #truelegend"

Reading between the lines is not needed when "sad", "real shock", "bad taste in the mouth" more than seem to suggest that "allowed to leave" is extremely euphemistic which in turn matches my general feeling that he was about as likely to voluntarily walk away from Argyle as Paul Wotton is.

I suspect that Larrieu is far too loyal and too much of a gent to speak out about this so we'll probably never know exactly what has led to his departure. It's just the latest in a long line of events that is desperately saddening.

Thanks, Romain. For everything.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
It seems as though Larrieu is worthy of a mural but not a paid position at the club.

Shortly after Larrieu's departure was announced David Friio tweeted this "Sad news today. @RomainLarrieu leaving the club is a real shock to me.It leaves me a bad taste in the mouth. #truelegend"

Reading between the lines is not needed when "sad", "real shock", "bad taste in the mouth" more than seem to suggest that "allowed to leave" is extremely euphemistic which in turn matches my general feeling that he was about as likely to voluntarily walk away from Argyle as Paul Wotton is.

I suspect that Larrieu is far too loyal and too much of a gent to speak out about this so we'll probably never know exactly what has led to his departure. It's just the latest in a long line of events that is desperately saddening.

Thanks, Romain. For everything.

It would have been nice if he were offered a role at the club but at the risk of sounding ruthless we dont owe him a living. If there isnt anything for him to take up then its the right decision to let him go as much as its horrid to do.
I hope he takes his badges and takes up a coaching position at another club in the near future im sure he wont want to do a fletcher and disappear of the face of the earth and do nothing.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:15 pm

There's no doubt Romain would have wanted to stay, but unless the club were willing to create an Ambassadorial role for him, then sadly his days were numbered. Sheridan has at last (quite rightly) been allowed to get his own people in. Sadly that means Romain must move on. Argyle press releases have always had a habit of spinning a misleading line in scenarios like this. There was something similar when Sturrock was 'invited' to move upstairs. Ro will be gutted to be shown the door. Foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Sad day for Argyle and for Ro who is a true Argyle legend. In the brief encounters I've had with him he has always come across as a very honest and likeable bloke with a very down to earth attitude. Produced so many amazing saves over the years and I doubt his clean sheet record/ fewest goals conceded will be bettered (at Argyle) for years.

Good luck Ro.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Sad day but ultimately he was no coach. I'm glad he's gone from that role. Would obviously like to see him retain a link with the club as President.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Could we start a campaign to make him President and would the AFT back it?

A bit of public pressure and Webb could hardly justify his position against a club legend who has done far more for PAFC then he ever will.

Edit to add: It looks as if David Friio would back a campaign if that tweet is accurate.

Last edited by Jon L on Wed May 01, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:47 pm

Sad but it was probably for the best. Cant imagine he offered much coaching wise.

Good to see JS looks like he has the freedom to get rid of whoever he doesnt feel is a necessary asset
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 8:53 pm

Jon L wrote:
Could we start a campaign to make him President and would the AFT back it? A bit of public pressure and Webb could hardly justify his position against a club legend who has done far more for PAFC then he ever will. Edit to add: It looks as if David Friio would back a campaign if that tweet is accurate.

Would love to back this, a lovely fella who genuienly deserves the title of 'president'

Wouldnt be half as half as controverisal appointment as webb was either! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:30 pm

Jon L wrote:
Could we start a campaign to make him President and would the AFT back it?

A bit of public pressure and Webb could hardly justify his position against a club legend who has done far more for PAFC then he ever will.

Edit to add: It looks as if David Friio would back a campaign if that tweet is accurate.

It shouldn't take a campaign though Jon. If reports from the farm were correct at the time of the position being offered to Mr Webb he was apparently reluctant to accept. If I was in his position I would now do the selfless thing and relinquish the role to Romain with immediate effect.
Back to top Go down
Daz Evans

Daz Evans

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 9:39 pm

My son and I are gutted to hear the news, not as a coach so much as him being moved on was always going to happen when JS got the job full time, but at the news the club is severing all ties with him.

A president should be admired by all, for his football and for the man he appeared to be Romain Larrieu should be our president.

My favourite player in all of my 30 years, not who I thought was the best, but my favourite and also the reason my son is a goalkeeper. He takes great pride in telling people who Ro is when they see his pictures on his homework folder and about last year when he received a birthday card from him (sorted out by a mate of mine).
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Argyle are so kind....

"allowing assistant manager Romain Larrieu to leave the club."

Who writes this stuff? They make it sound like he was a chattel slave.

Meanwhile...

On the mural front... 'Talk about ruining prestige'....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A boy with a feckin banana!

Good luck, Ro!

... and many thanks for everything.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:43 am

If this club is to move on, and clearly we need to, PAFC needs to move away from this keeping people in important paid posts culture, because of their 'legend'status. Sheridan needs to bring in his own team, and I guess there was a story behind the scenes, of why that did'nt happen when he took the post. In footballing terms - the right decision, on human terms, I feel for Le keeper.
He always struck me as a nice guy when I met him on a couple of occasions and his passion for the Greens will be undoubtably be lifelong. He should be welcomed back to H.p whenever he comes, and of course there is always the question of club president. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:48 am

Rickler wrote:
Argyle are so kind....

Meanwhile...

Good luck, Ro!

I can't see what the fuss is about a kid with a banana?

Why is this worthy of a mural and a canvas?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:13 pm

All the best to you Ro.

You were a great servant to the club and i am sure you will be greatly missed.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:45 pm

Got a new job selling ice-creams, looking at Twitter
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Argyle are so kind....

Meanwhile...

Good luck, Ro!

I can't see what the fuss is about a kid with a banana?

Why is this worthy of a mural and a canvas?

what what and WHAT!!!! i cant see rickler's link but the banana bit is cause for concern
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Rickler wrote:
Argyle are so kind....

Meanwhile...

Good luck, Ro!

When I click on the link it takes me to a login page so I guessing the thread is no more
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:46 pm

I dunno where that thread went to, however...

In it, Newell is creaming himself at the prospect of installing the boy with a banana as a mural in the Barn Park end.

The picture is this one:

How the feck did Newell get to be Home Parks' interior designer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:55 pm

It's called the Big Society these days over here, Ricks. Brenty's Westminster party are all for it ... it's a nirivana for them. As is Forza Wotsit.... apparently the unemployed youngsters need a flag to get behind to keep them out of trouble and on message whilst suffering a life of paucity. Do you have a Big Society over there Ricks ?

Volunteering is a well worn method of finding future employment if you don't have previous. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Rickler wrote:

I dunno where that thread went to, however...

In it, Newell is creaming himself at the prospect of installing the boy with a banana as a mural in the Barn Park end.

The picture is this one:

How the feck did Newell get to be Home Parks' interior designer?

What's Nikkkk going to do with a picture of a boy with a banana
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:06 pm

It could be any picture in a month of Sundays....but if Nool says the word!!..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larrieu off.   Larrieu off. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Larrieu off.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2