Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brent interview in Property Weekly

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Brent interview in Property Weekly Empty
PostSubject: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:49 pm

Saw this on Pasoti so had a read. It's all very pro-Brent and paints him as a Mother Teresa type figure, but how much of it is true? I'm not the most business minded person by any means, but it just seems to have missed quite a few facts with regard to figures and the way in which Brent took over the club.

One thing I did like was the chant "He's rich He's thin He's Harry Potters twin, James Brent, James Brent" which I can claim full responsibilty for having made it up and posting it on Pasoti months ago under the user name Tynan's Jockstrap Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Greenjock on Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Ha ha ! I notice he sat with the 'ultras'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:01 pm

It does shed some light on why he chose to sit in the DE for the Crawley game. Does make him look like one of the lads for the purposes of the interview.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:38 am

Agree with that GJ, a bit of playing to the crowd. I know people on here have misgivings but I find it very hard to believe that James Brent is an evil landgrabber waiting for us to go to the wall. He comes across as a very modest, yet successful businessman who genuinely wants to improve the local community. Whether he calls the major decisions right with Argyle is anybody's guess but in my opinion his intentions are honourable.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 11:55 am

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm not sure he want's us to go to the wall, but I do think that he is such an astute businessman that he will do well out of "saving" Argyle. I don't have a problem with him making money out of the deal, as long as he at least ensures that enough funds are made available to get us out of the mess we're in right now.

Whoever advised him that Fletcher was the right man to keep us up this season needs to shoulder some blame too. If that was Ridsdale then such an astute businessman should have taken advice from someone else. And if, as some people believe, he is being advised by a couple of well known fans, then I suggest that his Harry Potter powers are on the wane.

If the details in the admin post this morning are accurate, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, then it does kind of suggest that he is placing an awful lot of trust in one person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:00 pm

pepsipete wrote:
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Enjoy Life wrote:
Agree with that GJ, a bit of playing to the crowd. I know people on here have misgivings but I find it very hard to believe that James Brent is an evil landgrabber waiting for us to go to the wall. He comes across as a very modest, yet successful businessman who genuinely wants to improve the local community. Whether he calls the major decisions right with Argyle is anybody's guess but in my opinion his intentions are honourable.

So why is his first nationally published interview in Property Weekly and not When Saturday Comes?

Does Property Weekly have a letters page? I bet it makes the Daily Mail look like the Guardian if it does.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Enjoy Life wrote:

So why is his first nationally published interview in Property Weekly and not When Saturday Comes?

Does Property Weekly have a letters page? I bet it makes the Daily Mail look like the Guardian if it does.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:19 pm

I do like reading Grovehill on Pasoti. I'm sure he would fit in nicely on here Razz

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:38 pm

Grovehill writes on the farm.......................

grovehill
Post subject: Re: Property Week - James Brent interviewPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:00 pm

No problem at all with Mr Brent. He has done a business deal to buy PAFC and all it's assets with the aim of making a profit-good luck to him.
Is has been the owner of PAFC for several months now, and as a follower of the Club, I think I and anyone else, has a right to question what is happening at the club. If more people had done this, three or four years ago, things may have been different.

What I have got a problem with is the Brent "fan club" that come out with such drivel as "He was the only choice" He was a "reluctant bidder" we should be "thankful for what he's done" " the staff are lucky he bought the club" "Brent's going to run the club in an honourable way" etc.etc.

Brent was the "last man standing" in a long drawn out Administration process that didn't market the club properly and in which other bidders, or anyone else who expressed any interest, was subject to an internet campaign of abuse and vilification. An example being the Trust ISC (not the whole membership) openly discussing discouraging any other bidders.

Can anyone tell me what exactly a "reluctant bidder" is? Did James Brent buy the club against his will? Did Chris Webb kidnap & threaten to harm his children if he didn't buy the club. Brent either wanted to buy or he didn't.

Brent's a grown man and bought the club of his own free will. As part of that deal he became responsible for paying all the wages owed to all the staff. That people have continued to raise money for the staff, knowing that Brent would deduct it from what he owes them, shows some people to be incredibly gullible, and Brent to be an extremely clever businessman-he's getting someone else to pay his staff's wages, and they appear happy to do so!

What I am currently questioning is that, since Brent took over, the club has not signed players of sufficient quality to as yet, get the club out of the relegation zone. Some people have posted that this is because the club is at or near it's wage cap limit. I have pointed out that as the fans in their droves, are still parting with their hard earned dosh to watch the team, it doesn't appear that this is being reflected in the quality of signings. I have also pointed out that transfer fees are not "capped" and if Brent wished to do so, the Club could have purchased one or two "quality" players for reasonable fees rather than stacking up a number of free transfers from other clubs.

Now, if Brent wants to go public and say something along the lines of "It's my club and I'm not pumping any money into it to avoid relegation" that's fine, it is his club.

What I can't stand is his confidantes, advisors, appointee's or just plane hero worshippers distorting the facts to suit their own arguments.

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
The joke is, he gets so much stick on the farm, for what exactly ? Stating the facts as they are. Unbelievable jocolor pig

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Brilliant post by Grovehill

Long may he continue pointing out inconvenient facts to the pasoti mob. They're not for listening though. Banning him is much easier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Ha ha ! I notice he sat with the 'ultras'.

I imagine there will be some uncomfortable squirming and wincing at that quote.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:58 am

Greenjock wrote:
I do like reading Grovehill on Pasoti. I'm sure he would fit in nicely on here Razz

He would...

But he 'shines' on Pasoti because he swims against the stream! (Like Tony Cholwell and the Trust). On this site we would all just be nodding in agreement, and he would't get the chance to rebutt those who present a stupid argument against him - of which there are many on the farm!

Him and EL Dude are shining beacons on that site, and I also very much wish - despite what I have said - that they posted on this forum!

They are both in my list of favourite posters.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent interview in Property Weekly   Brent interview in Property Weekly Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent interview in Property Weekly
Page 1 of 1