+2
Damon.Lenszner
Elias
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 am

Many years ago I went into the Burnley boardroom & in that room they have a picture from 1987 when Burnley had to win to stay in the Football League.

The painting shows two Burnley players celerbating the second goal with the words........................

NEVER AGAIN !

underneath.

What price a similar one appearing in the Home Park boardroom with persons taking plaudits in the picture ?????
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:18 am

Burnley - if God wanted to give England an enema he's stick it in Burnley.

I remember being in their Directors Box with two absolute old muppets (Statler & Waldorf) sitting behind us giving Argyle and the good people of the South-West absolute shite for half an hour - I was biting my tongue, being a well behaved Director in my Club tie but burning to turn round and have a go back when from nowhere Tony Wrathall turned round and gave them an absolute volley of abuse. The look of shock on the two numpties faces was a joy - and they kept their big Burnley mouths shut for the rest of the half - and didn't come out for the 2nd half.
Back to top Go down

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Elias thats exactly what we should have in the dressing room imo however your asking for too much for this current board to have any ambition for the club beyond property.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:03 pm

The North of England has quite a few horrible drab grey depressing towns, but Burnley surely tops the list in the 'ultimate shithole' league. It makes Plymouth look like St Tropez.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Burnley..the small time Lancashire town with a population 3 times less then that of Plymouth, with an impressive stadium that holds 22,000, played in the Premier League recently as in the old days.
We can learn alot from Burnley
Back to top Go down

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:06 pm

I was recently in the Argyle boardroom and they do have a placard with never again on it, it's underneath the Argyle Fans Trust logo.
Back to top Go down

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 5:49 pm

Burnley is a shit hole but look how far they have come a decent stadium and a run in the premiership!!!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Iggy wrote:
I was recently in the Argyle boardroom and they do have a placard with never again on it, it's underneath the Argyle Fans Trust logo.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:53 pm

Iggy wrote:

Underneath a picture of Stapleton, I understood.

Soon to be under a photo of James Brent. Wink
Back to top Go down
swampy

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Was chatting to a Burnley fan myself this week. Mentioned our scenario for Saturday and he said they had to win their game in 1988 and hope Lincoln didn't. They won, Lincoln drew 1-1 and they were safe. So it wasn't even in their own hands as it is for us.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:58 pm

sorry but lincoln lost 2 nil at swansea. lincoln were never bottom until the final table was published (i think)
Back to top Go down
swampy

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Are we talking 1988 here Elias or when Lincoln got relegated a few seasons back? I stand corrected if so, it was just what this Burnley fan told me yesterday morning that's all.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 3:33 pm

1st year of relegation to non league thought it was 87. may have to check details.

scarborough replaced them their 1st game in the league was at home to wolves where a wolves fan fell through the main stands roof affraid
Back to top Go down
swampy

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Ok fair enough. Forgot Lincoln had been relegated twice out of the league. He said they beat Leyton Orient 2-1 last game of 1987=88 season and Lincoln drew 1-1. Sounds like he got his own team's bit correct but not the Lincoln bit. I'll put him right when I see him on Sunday after we have secured our league status hopefully.
Back to top Go down

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 4:05 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
The North of England has quite a few horrible drab grey depressing towns, but Burnley surely tops the list in the 'ultimate shithole' league. It makes Plymouth look like St Tropez.

Nelson is worse. It's like their version of Whitleigh.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 4:14 pm

i am indeed forgetting that the other team down there was torquay mark loram got bitten by a dog, in te added time he got the goal to keep them up.

the game has changed out of all recognition since then - 11 v 11, pitch markings & goal posts the only things that are the same study

maybe a 'never again' mural - problem is i can see this happening again VERY soon.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Burnley boardroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burnley boardroom   Burnley boardroom Empty

Back to top Go down

Burnley boardroom
Page 1 of 1