Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!

Go down 
+12
Highwayman
Dingle
Damon.Lenszner
Tgwu
nzgreen
Han Solos Other Ship
Mapperley, darling
Freathy
GreenWhiteBlack
Peggy
Tringreen
Elias
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:04 am

Friends of friends, it's how PAFC operate these days.
Back to top Go down

Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:06 am

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
I cant be the only one that is losing all interest in Argyle at all? A few years ago i wouldnt have even dreamed of missing a match like this Saturdays, now i think ill have a quick gander come 5 aclock to see if were still in the league, sad thing is.. its not even the quality of football on the pitch thats putting me off, its the cretinous fans and the complete shambles this club has turned into

Not just you.

I've been to one match this season and that was the game at Cheltenham and I enjoyed the match. It's not the football stopping me going.

It's the fact Ian Newell gets to lord it up around home park and in the director's box when he's one of the biggest trolls and bullies in the internet world.

Chris Webb is a joke of a president and doesn't deserve what should be an honourary role.

Peter Jones telling a paying customer whose been around much longer than he has to go and support Man U.

And James Brent's plans for the new Grandstand are an insult to every Argyle supporter.

The superfans have the club they deserve and i'm having nothing to do with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:14 pm

I think the most important fact is lacking here sadly

The support for the players on Saturday who have a massive task on their hands in a must win game to stay in the league.

So feck Webb, Newell, Nikkk, Brent, Hooper, Jones and DeLar they are not the important fact on Saturday they can wait till afterwards the important issue here is supporting the players.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:34 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

The support for the players on Saturday who have a massive task on their hands in a must win game to stay in the league.

So feck Webb, Newell, Nikkk, Brent, Hooper, Jones and DeLar they are not the important fact on Saturday they can wait till afterwards the important issue here is supporting the players.

cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

This.

And, if I had the money, I might have considered flying. Though I might have preferred to have got my chauffeur to drive it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Angry of Mayfair is either a multi or he had a change to his medication recently.

Much more personable than his username methinks.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 2:31 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Angry of Mayfair is either a multi or he had a change to his medication recently.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Greenjock wrote:

nahhh im still me but at the end of the day those 7 seem to be getting all the press on this thread when it should really be about supporting the team after all thats why we are all here.

Talk of them 7 will never cease sadly but surely there are bigger more important matters to prioritize other than them especially on satudrday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:40 pm

I am ever so slightly considering it but i will never forget the heart break of Burnley, no human should have to go through that twice in a lifetime and remember, this is Argyle, heart break is all we know!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

You are of course 100% correct. These here today gone tomorrow individuals are irrelevant in the build up Saturday. The players and Sheridan is what matters as it's now all up to them to save the club. If we go out of the league on Saturday we will not becoming back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:54 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Been off the forums for a while but I have to say AoM that I agree wholheartedly. Us, yes US going down would be catastrophic. If we stay up and you see Newell, Webb et all in all their glory then who cares. They have their clique but this is such a tiny minority of an active Argyle internet community that it is frankly not worth worrying about.

Argyle for me is a Saturday diversion and a ten a season game drinking club. The usual suspects that have been mentioned are thick enough to hang themselves in their own time - I mean Webby is no Jack Jones, frankly he's no Joey Jones (one for the kids there Very Happy ).

Let's get this game out the way, park animosity and re-group on Sunday.

Unless that is anyone wants to sign up who wants us relegated. It would be interesting to hear their reasons why.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:08 pm

Are you going on Saturday? I'm going with a mate - he's driving to Bristol, then 9am train to Manchester, then metro train to Rochdale. Unreserved seating in Willbutts Lane Stand. Hopefully our travel will mean that we can source out a decent pub or two - unlike the free coaches.

My ex-husband used to have a 4 seater aeroplane - one issue I had was that it could never land where you wanted, so all flights were followed by a major taxi ride.

Maybe bump into you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Dingle wrote:
Are you going on Saturday? I'm going with a mate - he's driving to Bristol, then 9am train to Manchester, then metro train to Rochdale. Unreserved seating in Willbutts Lane Stand. Hopefully our travel will mean that we can source out a decent pub or two - unlike the free coaches.

My ex-husband used to have a 4 seater aeroplane - one issue I had was that it could never land where you wanted, so all flights were followed by a major taxi ride.

Maybe bump into you?

Sorry Dingle but we've missed each other all season. Let me know when you are potentially visiting friends/family over the summer near where we live Wink . Would be lovely to meet up. I've been given the green light to go from the other half but work has been so nonsense recently that I've seen my children twice out of the past ten working days. Given that and the likelihood of us going down I'm nervously listening from home.

Safe journey and be thinking of you cheers
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Another 500 tickets arriving tomorrow, also Argyle fans are buying on line straight from Rochdale
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:22 am

it took me weeks to get over that defeat at burnley :-(

earl jean didnt quite miss a sitter her went to place it but england international chris woods outsmarted him.
will never forget the agro afterwards.

anything could happen on saturday,like the carlisle game the year after - but dont forget carlisle didnt learn their lesson and the following season were in the SAME position & DIDNT go down they went down at the 4th attempt (they finished last in 92 but werent relegated!)

will we learn the lesson? or does relegation threat increase crowds that wouldnt come for mid table diretride?

anyway

10/11 AFC win
9/5 barnet win
6/4 argyle win (rochdale same odds)
daggers v york draw 21/10 affraid

at coral
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 9:34 am

Elias wrote:
it took me weeks to get over that defeat at burnley :-(

earl jean didnt quite miss a sitter her went to place it but england international chris woods outsmarted him.
will never forget the agro afterwards.

anything could happen on saturday,like the carlisle game the year after - but dont forget carlisle didnt learn their lesson and the following season were in the SAME position & DIDNT go down they went down at the 4th attempt (they finished last in 92 but werent relegated!)

will we learn the lesson? or does relegation threat increase crowds that wouldnt come for mid table diretride?

anyway

10/11 AFC win
9/5 barnet win
6/4 argyle win (rochdale same odds)
daggers v york draw 21/10 affraid

at coral

Still a 40+/1 accumulator at those skinny odds to go against us - plus the Torquay result too. Can't see us going down how ever hard I try to make the case.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:21 pm

rochdale have won 3 of last 5 games !!! LDWWW affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 4:12 pm

its going to be a war i trust John Sheridan is preparing the 18 players selected for the match squad we cant afford not too win this game. We must go into the game with this attitude and not one of "well, at least if we draw we stay or lose by more than 2"
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Elias wrote:
rochdale have won 3 of last 5 games !!! LDWWW affraid

Yes but we have in the last five games LWLWL so in that sequence were due a win plus we haven't lost two games on the trot for ages. We also have prolific super striker Nick Hadprick. scratch
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:10 pm

so then........... whos actually going tomorrow????

sure gonna be a tense old day.

the sites gonna go into meltdown saturday eve/sunday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Tomorrow politics are haulted at 1500hrs in order to give the vitally important reason that we are all here for in the first place supporting the club come rain or shine.

Hope chat is full with those who are on here at the time, I am confident we will stay up but it will be a tough game and rochdale are no push overs and certainly wont stand aside and let us win they want to end the season on a high too.

If its John Sheridan's last game (apparently he is off after tomorrow according to rumour mill) it will be sad to see him go but i am confident he can leave on a high and keep us up as a result Smile
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:38 pm

put it this way if we go out the league then i fear for the consequences.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 8:28 am

leaving in half hour, enjoy the game. fingers crossed we get the result we need affraid
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:10 am

I don't envy anyone travelling today. No way would I want to stand/sit there watching a lacklustre Argo get walloped while hearing that Barnet, York and AFCW are all ahead - a very likely scenario today. Why anyone could put themselves through that! If we're going out of the league today I'd rather not witness it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 9:19 am

Relegation at home to Blackburn was something I'll never forget. I was absolutely gutted and didn't snap out of it for weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!   Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Build up to the biggest game in clubs history thread. The ROAR !!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next