Freathy
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Cheltenham vs Argyle Empty
PostSubject: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:11 pm

Cheese, cheese, cheese-chasers!

Last time I went, we lost 5-2 and Hodges was sacked! I then thought that Summers was unlucky to not get the job when $luggy got it, as he did ok as caretaker. This time, Summers Jnr is on the opposition (cue boos from the small-minded who think he should have stayed at a club who don't pay their players) and we'll be lucky to score 2 in a 7 goal game!

We normally sell out here?

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Oh yeah, forgot this:

Cheltenham 4-0 Argyle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Last time I went, we lost 5-2 and Hodges was sacked! I then thought that Summers was unlucky to not get the job when $luggy got it, as he did ok as caretaker. This time, Summers Jnr is on the opposition (cue boos from the small-minded who think he should have stayed at a club who don't pay their players) and we'll be lucky to score 2 in a 7 goal game!

Thoughts?

I went to that one as well...played Ken Dodds "happiness,happiness" on the PA system when we were filing out at the end an all the cheeky beggars.
Well lose for sure, by how many? 2 or 3 id say
1,000 happy clappy Avivas in attendance with 300 going up on the dry as a bone Jester hat train..sounds like a right barrel of laughs does that!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:17 pm

What else can you say about an upcoming Argyle match? Apart from it will be yet another incredibly easy win for the opposition. We must be quite an attraction for opposition fans when we come to town. Partly because these fans want to actually witness the legendary worst team ever in the football league and partly because they're guaranteed to see their team score lots of goals and get three easy points. The Aviva Army don't realise the opposition fans really are actually genuinely laughing at them now.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:26 pm

Oh and......

Cheltenham 4-0 Argyle
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 7:47 pm

I went to Whaddon Hole in 1999 in their first season in the Football League. The game started late 'cos we had to have their end behind the goal as there were too many to occupy the away pit. We lost 2-0, got mooned and sworn at by a minibus-full of Argyle on the walk back to the station and then my mate nearly got us beaten up by a couple of large locals who unfolded out of a Ford Fiesta after he shouted at them (admittedly they did have a good pop at running him over). Happy days!

We'll be lucky to get away with 2-0 on Saturday, I reckons.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 8:20 pm

Nick wrote:
I went to Whaddon Hole in 1999 in their first season in the Football League. The game started late 'cos we had to have their end behind the goal as there were too many to occupy the away pit. We lost 2-0, got mooned and sworn at by a minibus-full of Argyle on the walk back to the station and then my mate nearly got us beaten up by a couple of large locals who unfolded out of a Ford Fiesta after he shouted at them (admittedly they did have a good pop at running him over). Happy days!

We'll be lucky to get away with 2-0 on Saturday, I reckons.

Ha ha ! good tale.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:48 am

Ok, so a lift would be if Fletch starts himself, Romain and Bhasera now the positive news from yesterday has come out.

If not, then the 4-0 prediction stands.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Thoughts?

I was at that 5-2 fiasco,bleddy 4-0 down at half time against not an especially good side.Poor old Hodgy paid the penalty,never to manage in the football league again.The only other time i went there was for a rather vicious 0-0 draw on a frosty Friday night,as i recall the ref forgot the time and played 55 minutes in the first half.There was a fight in the tunnel,as well,it was the season when we won the league with 102 points under Luggy.I was tempted to catch the train up today,haven't been to an away game for ages,really must get to one soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:01 am

I think I have been 3 times. I have hated each occasion. That freezing 0-0, the 5-2 debacle and the 2-0 defeat when they showed us what a tin pot club they are by making us swop stands because they had never seen so many away fans.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Cheltnum 0-1 Argyle, just before half time.

Shocked

COYG
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:52 pm

New era, same old shit

That's why we're going down
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
New era, same old shit

That's why we're going down

Whatever gives you pleasure ......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Get rid of Fletcher as manager, stick him in as a player which is what hes good at, get an experienced manager in who knows how to counter tactic other League 2 managers who seem to outwit us week in week out.No offence to Fletcher but when you take away the passion he brings to the party.. he does evidently lack that knowledge and intelligence that becomes apparent when you listen to his interviews.An Eddie Howe he is definatly not.
Get rid of the young boys ...too lightweight,too inexperienced,too ineffective,....stick them back where they belong in the reserves and the under 18,s.
We need a new manager and 5 or 6 experienced pros to even give us a chance of staying up ...i stick to what i said earlier..relegated by February, worst team in the history of the football league?
Still there is always the Aviva fest next sat jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Argyle are a shocking second half team.Info;

2 goals last 7 minutes today
4 goals last 20 minutes Tuesday
Late winner conceded v Swindon
2 goal lead squandered v Accrington
2 goal lead squandered at Dagenham

Plenty of other examples as well.Wonder why? Lack of fitness? Young players running out of strength? Psychological? Dunno really,has to be sorted though,or we're dooooooomed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Argyle are a shocking second half team.Info;

2 goals last 7 minutes today
4 goals last 20 minutes Tuesday
Late winner conceded v Swindon
2 goal lead squandered v Accrington
2 goal lead squandered at Dagenham

Plenty of other examples as well.Wonder why? Lack of fitness? Young players running out of strength? Psychological? Dunno really,has to be sorted though,or we're dooooooomed.

This imho...and a decent organisor of players at this level.
You dont win nothing with boys as has been proved to us in just about every game this season.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:40 pm

I'd try and get a manager with a proven lower league record for shit football and getting results, a lower league version of what Pulis did for us. Maybe Ian Adkins? My lower league knowledge is hazy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Freathy's right, it's been diabolical for a few years now.

In my experience, youngsters don't tire in the second half, far from it. Mackie didn't and Rooney never did.
There's no mystery, we're hopeless. This season's football was always intended to be sacrificed to facilitate other matters.

I do laugh every time I hear Brent say he's been told the team only needs a couple of players.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Laugh! Feel more like crying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:55 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I'd try and get a manager with a proven lower league record for shit football and getting results, a lower league version of what Pulis did for us. Maybe Ian Adkins? My lower league knowledge is hazy...

Ian Atkins has been out of management since leaving Torquay about 5 years ago Mock.

A couple of guys with decent lower league CVs and available are Ronnie Moore and Mark Robins, in fact Robins took over at Rotherham when they were 13 points adrift at the bottom of L2 and kept them up.
I think Fletcher will be given to the end of November (28 Day Plan) 3 League games 2 at home and a short trip to Torquay, for me he will need 5+ points to have any chance of staying in post especially with the alledged imminent arrival of new players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:41 am

The league table doesn't lie. We lost again. We have lost 12 out of 16 league games. They might have played well yesterday but it was a one off performance in a season of shite. Some people seem to think that we are a couple of players away from being a good side, or that we are getting a run of bad luck and bad refs. Wake up guys, we are going down unless Mr Brent opens his wallet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think we are a couple of players away from being a good side. But only if you define a "couple" as 11.

I agree with PP about young players "tiring" during games. A load of bullocks. The team simply isn't fit enough - and understandably with the pre season they had.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:01 am

Amidst all the back slapping and fighting talk, Frank is 100% correct. If they don't stop celebrating and planning, 'we salute you', plaques soon, the club will be out of the football league after three successive relegations. An absolute joke for the 13th largest city club in the country.
Admittedly, I have only seen the one match but with only less than a handful of exceptions, the players are simply not good enough................ no matter how fit they may become.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:12 am

Tringreen wrote:
Amidst all the back slapping and fighting talk, Frank is 100% correct. If they don't stop celebrating and planning, 'we salute you', plaques soon, the club will be out of the football league after three successive relegations. An absolute joke for the 13th largest city club in the country.
Admittedly, I have only seen the one match but with only less than a handful of exceptions, the players are simply not good enough................ no matter how fit they may become.

And some stupid fekkers are saying "give him time" or "the ink isn't dry". Well the most impressive thing about Brent is that he gets things done quickly and isn't looking for excuses.

The battle has only just begun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 am

I see Peter Doubt had an unfortunate day out yesterday at the behest of our fine police force. Laughing
You must be more careful when you leave North Devon looking like some oik, Pete. If you have the cheek to attend a football match or have the timerity to demonstrate against anything, please remember some officers think they have the right to treat you like cattle and take away your rights at the drop of a hat. One wonders just what messages are instilled at Police training schools.
Still, at least they don't yet beat queues of people at the turnstiles with sticks like they did at the Indian cricket world cup.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:08 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The league table doesn't lie. We lost again. We have lost 12 out of 16 league games. They might have played well yesterday but it was a one off performance in a season of shite. Some people seem to think that we are a couple of players away from being a good side, or that we are getting a run of bad luck and bad refs. Wake up guys, we are going down unless Mr Brent opens his wallet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think we are a couple of players away from being a good side. But only if you define a "couple" as 11.

I agree with PP about young players "tiring" during games. A load of bullocks. The team simply isn't fit enough - and understandably with the pre season they had.

Is this 'Andy_s' character for real? He wants us to be celebrating and dancing in the streets everytime our shit team loses just because we've been 'saved'. As far as he's concerned Brent doesn't have an obligation to the fans to deliver safety this season and we should all be gratefully looking forward to non league oblivion next season. what a plank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheltenham vs Argyle   Cheltenham vs Argyle Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheltenham vs Argyle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next