Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shonbo

shonbo

Missing in action - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Missing in action   Missing in action - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 pm

Missed you LT, glad you're back
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Missing in action   Missing in action - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 3:55 pm

shonbo wrote:
Missed you LT, glad you're back

It's good to be back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing in action   Missing in action - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 5:58 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Gert Loinz wrote:
Tis - here's one for you bunch of educated wankers. This was posted by Graham Clark over on the farm. Has he got it about right?

"Exeter City FC remains one of the biggest if not the biggest Football League club run by a Trust. It has over 2,500 members who have contributed towards the running of the club over the last 7 years as the club has moved up and down the pyramid.

Their last accounts make interesting reading. The Trust made a £164,000 contribution to the football club running costs ( from memberships and donations) from their membership. However, of greatest interest was that the accounts showed the football club owed the Trust £854,000 in the form of interst free loans that the Trust acknowledge they have to write this off. Commendably, to address the situation of an ever increasing financial black hole the Trust have a strategic plan to double their membership. Such an aim would have course be in excess of their normal sized crowd.

With ownership comes responsibility and financial resourcefulness. A Trust run club may work at the lower levels of the Football League or below following a Phoenix resurrection but the higher up the League you go the greater the responsibilities both financial and organisationally. Society Board (Trust Board) members have a legal responsibility too.

The Trust run club would have course have responsibility for budgetary control. Realistic budget setting would mean difficult decisions regarding staff and playing budgets. Most of of all it would require committed individuals who would have to be prepared to an extraordinary amount of time to running the club.

In my view, a Trust run club would make it difficult to reach beyond the confines of League 2. There would be no debate about ambition or extensions to capacity. It simply could not be afforded and no bank in the land would support anything other than just running the club bank account."

Talks a lotta sense, does GC.

And here's a response from Slim Shady.

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=75527&start=75

That thread is a really good read between, GC, Gareth N and Jabba with Xilse being given a lesson on how to argue a point. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing in action   Missing in action - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 am

I have a feeling that Smiffy is sniffing out his old mod position.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Missing in action   Missing in action - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 11:33 am

GOB wrote:

Form an orderly queue all you toadies ! I'm in charge of this farm pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Missing in action   Missing in action - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 4:35 pm

Tringreen wrote:
GOB wrote:

Form an orderly queue all you toadies ! I'm in charge of this farm pig
I like the way x throbber call all those opposed to brents mini stand as "shouty's"! Laughing in my pack all those in favour are throbbies jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missing in action   Missing in action - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Missing in action
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2