HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Am i Missing something ?????

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dane

Dane

Am i Missing something ????? Empty
PostSubject: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Below is a debate on my facebook, Am i being completly blind ? or are others being sucked in ?

Quote :

Argyle potentially 1 defeat away from dropping out of the football league. Hope all the clowns who run that club are very happy with themselves

Andy : We'll be fine, stop being a negative miserable bastard.

not so much of the miserable he he

Dane Bunney: I suppose if your happy with just hanging on by the skin of your teeth on the last day of the season, then my status could be seen as being miserable and negative. However, Argyle have one of the biggest wage caps in the league, one of the biggest average attendances, and one of the biggest clubs. Shouldnt be in this position. Perhaps if Mr brent were to spend some of the 50 mil he is keeping back for his ice rink on the team they would be ok .

Joe:U could always put ur money in Mr b!!!

Dane Bunney :I dont even like buying a ticket out there, If i was certain it was going back into the football club, i wouldnt mind,

Andy :Always easy to knock. Where would we be if he hadn't taken over?!?!?

These are the bad days for argyle and hopefully good days to come. Are u saying the plans they've made are bad!!?

Dane Bunney :Its not easy to knock, When the club show ambition im there, but at the moment im not satisfied any money contribution goes back into the club.

The plans are not good no andy. The size grandstand proposed shows a complete lack of ambition. When argyle were in the championship over half of there home gates were higher than the proposed capacity. Out of all the proposed Retail units being built on the land up there, argyle will only benefit from the club shop. Brent has used Argyle to develop his own property ambitions. He has done exactly what kevin heney ( truro ex chairman ) was ran out of town for when he was sniffing around. The ice rink is completly non profit for argyle and will be an eye sore and the cherry on the top of the cake is that brent will get to build one of his hotels up there, which again..... will be of no benefit to argyle at all. So no i dont think the plans are good
16 minutes ago ยท Like

Joe: Maybe no one should have stepped in Dane and then we'd be without a football club. I'd support anyone willing to give it a go. They've turned it around recently, unfortunately it didn't happen earlier. Only lost to the top 3 or 4 in last ten games

Andy :Ur talkin so much tosh it's unreal.

Are you saying you only go when they're flying??? If so you should stay away as fans like u aren't welcome. I ain't saying I've been going for years but unless you're willing to make a contribution rather than knock and just place moronic statements on here then wind it in. Just my opinion. Don't take it to heart.

Joe: I'll be praying they get the deserved points or results next week and build a decent side

Dane Bunney: Joe, I think the manager is superb and i hope the club hold on to him, His appointment was a great choice by this board, that cant be denied, and i see where your coming from, but how long can we say'' well if he didnt come in ...... '' the club need to kick on on the pitch, and i just find it a bit odd that the club are buying part-time fireman from the welsh league yet brent can spend 50 mil on an ice rink/hotel in central park

Andy :Good shout joe, some people hope they relegated just so they can say told ya so, or revel when they do well....... I don't get it

Joe : It's such a shame u think like that dane. Brent is willing to build and spend his money even if they go down with a plan to make the area top notch. I'm sure building a 30000 or 40000 seater stadium would be fantastic but filling it for the next 5 years in the lower leagues wouldn't happen. A smaller stadium packed and a team winning, successful on and off the pitch is best.

Dane Bunney : Hatchy lets be honest you have become a fan since your work colleague has got in up there. before that all your status were all about man united, now its all Argyle. Fans like me are very welcome as well. else the club will have to go through the leagues on a average gate of 6 k. Argyle traditionally get big gates when the club do well. I agree with Joe , i think this manager can build a very good side here if the board tie him down to a longer contract, and andy in no way shape or form do i want argyle to go down. I just dont think a club like argyle should ever be hanging on to there league status, im not saying a 30k or 40 k stadium is needed , but 17k is to far the other way, i think just putting it back to what it was around 21 k would be great

Joe: I'd love to take my kids to a decent ice rink.

Dane Bunney : ha, im sure it will be very good, but i just questions the motives in its creation seeing as its going to have no benefit to argyle as a football club what so ever

Joe: So what would benefit them. Everyone buying a season ticket for next year? FIlling the stadium each week? Or overspending again and the club going bust. If part of his plans to generate money is building around the area then so be it. He's not destroying the whole of central park!!!!!

Dane Bunney : He is generating money yes.... but will argyle see any of it .... NO ..... he used the clubs land to line his own pocket

Joe: Do u know him??? He is trying to run a business. No point in not making money. I'm sure the players get more than me and u

Dane Bunney :Ha yeh im sure some do, but not all.I have formed my opinions on interviews and minutes from fans discussion groups brent has spoke at etc etc. so pretty much from the horses mouth. I hope im very wrong, but my observations are not being blinded by a smaller grandstand than the likes of fleetwood town

Last edited by Dane. on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:36 pm

would it have killed you to put the name of the other guy in dane lol
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:38 pm

well i didnt think it fair as they dont post on here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Dane. wrote:
well i didnt think it fair as they dont post on here

well at least make up some names so its easier to know who is saying what then
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:40 pm

They've all looked into his eyes and met his family.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:42 pm

I should point out that one of them is a royal mail employee and good friends with the president
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:46 pm

cheers dane, quite clear they are trolling and would rather have a handicapped club for generations to come just so an ice rink can be put there.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:19 pm

Apparently im a loon for posting on here opposed to hanging around with newell and webb. He cant seem to get his head around the fact that i just dont agree with the goings on behind the scenes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:25 pm

"Am I missing something" - in short yes. Don't waste your time putting shit stuff on Face book. Get a life and speak to people in the real world. Unless somebody could explain to me the merrits of putting one's entire existence on a web site in the first place of course.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Dane. wrote:
Apparently im a loon for posting on here opposed to hanging around with newell and webb. He cant seem to get his head around the fact that i just dont agree with the goings on behind the scenes

don't worry dane we must all be loons if we support pafc
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:29 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
"Am I missing something" - in short yes. Don't waste your time putting shit stuff on Face book. Get a life and speak to people in the real world. Unless somebody could explain to me the merrits of putting one's entire existence on a web site in the first place of course.

Sorry is facebook to modern for you mr meldrew ? I was discussing argyle not posting about my entire existence
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:41 pm

Facebook has given the thick and ignorant a voice, seriously don't worry about what folk on there say m8
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:50 pm

Not too modern no but just a waste of cyber space airwaves for the "look at my life folks" who have nothing better to do than actually look. People post their life's existance on sites like that. Better they developed real friends who they actually spoke to in person. What's this "you can be my friend and look at what I do" all about anyway. Sorry but I just find things like that a little sad.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:52 pm

many millions of sad people then , not everyone on facebook use it how you describe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Yep, millions of very sad folk. Being retired and a non driver I catch buses into the City Centre mostly and one thing that stands out to me. That is the number of mother's with todlers in a pushchair on the bus who have their faces pressed into their mobile phones and who are completely oblivious to their child even being with them. Child sits there looking around and mother texts. More interest in the lives of others on an electronic gadget than their child and interacting. I find most things like this a triffle sad I'm afraid. Catch a bus sometime. There are more people on them with phones and the like in their hands being looked at than there are people who actually talk to real people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:20 pm

facebook used for what its there for a friends reunited upgrade with msn chat functions is fine and dandy, its those who live their lives through it cause arguments over it and make jeremy kyle richer because of it that puts me off using it.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Sensible's right tbf. You look around the pub next time you're there and it's full of people nervously checking their phone every 2 minutes rather than chatting to the barmaid/man/whoever whilst they wait for their m8s. Sad state of affairs really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:44 pm

And that's why I'm anti it and to some extent against a lot of the modern day electronic gadgetry. I don't possess a mobile phone. Reason being I just don't like the idea of being at the beck and call of a machine. They have their place it's true and in some circumstances are useful. It's the way they are used that is wrong. People glued to them and if it makes a sound instantly they interupt whatever it is they were doing, even if in conversation, to answer it like a slave. I used to do interviews with the public in my job. Sometimes these were really important interviews where their future was at stake. Could they resist even then from answering their mobile if it went off, no they couldn't as it was more important to them than anything else. People walk about with them in their hands avidly staring at them walking into anyone who doesn't avoid them. Watched a middle aged woman a couple of days ago walk in front of a bus having stepped off the pavement without a thought whilst viewing something on her phone which was obviously earth shattering. I've seen this sort of thing so many times. And yes I am a technophobe. If it was used as it should be then fine but it isn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
Sensible's right tbf. You look around the pub next time you're there and it's full of people nervously checking their phone every 2 minutes rather than chatting to the barmaid/man/whoever whilst they wait for their m8s. Sad state of affairs really.

sensible is right with that too. honestly the art of finding out about someone from conversation is dead when you can simply go on there profile and find out.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:11 am

the mobile phone is the next evolutonary step. like sensi says people dont pay attention to anything but their phones, im surprised there arent more deaths. but hey, its what theyve known all their lives, so to them mobile life is all there is there has been nothing before duh
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Am I missing something? Yes. That's what happens when you sign the form of consent at the labotomy ward at Derriford.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am i Missing something ?????   Am i Missing something ????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Am i Missing something ?????
Page 1 of 1