Chemical Ali
Tgwu
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:14 pm

That's 'mr optimistic' banned from pasoti then

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:44 pm

makes you want to smack david owen eh?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:46 pm

Freathy wrote:
Brent - In our first season back in the second tier 2004-5 there were 10 home matches where the attendance was at or above your proposed capacity (highlighted) - 8 of those were significantly above it. With segregation you could argue that around 3 more of the less well attanded matches from that season would actually hit the proposed true capacity figure. With these figures in mind, why do you think your proposed capacity is acceptable?

Att for 2004/5 season

Match
MILLWALL 16,063

SUNDERLAND 16,874

NOTTINGHAM FOREST 17,538

LEEDS UNITED 20,555

WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS 18,635

GILLINGHAM 13,665

WIGAN ATHLETIC 14,443

WEST HAM UNITED 20,220

STOKE CITY 15,264

BURNLEY 13,308

DERBY COUNTY 15,335

QUEENS PARK RANGERS 19,535

EVERTON (FA Cup 3) 20,112

PRESTON NORTH END 13,663

ROTHERHAM UNITED 14,798

SHEFFIELD UNITED 13,953

CREWE ALEXANDRA 14,918

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION 15,606

CARDIFF CITY 18,045

Dear Freathy

I thank you for your letter

WATFORD 15,333

COVENTRY CITY 18,443

LEICESTER CITY 19,199

Dear Freathy

I thank you for your recent missive concerning the lovely new stand I am building for you and the rest of the ungrateful buggers. I am at somewhat at a loss to understand your viewpoint as my footballing advisor, Mr. Ian Newell, has advised me in his capacity as director responsible for advice that we shall not be playing Leeds United, West Ham United, Cardiff, QPR, Wolves, Leicester or any club of their ilk in the near future, or ever. He advises me that the likes of Alfreton, Forest Green, Gateshead and Southport are unlikely to bring the same level of support as the aforementioned and that the thousands of glory hunting Janners who turned up to to watch those 'big clubs' will stay rooted to the piss stained sofas in their council flats in Swilly watching Man Utd on the tele just as my other good friend and colleague Peter Jones told them to.

Yous in absolute sincerity with honesty and integrity

H. Potter.

Last edited by Lord Tisdale on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:00 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Can I give you a lift to the next away game - I own actual shoes, know the player's names and also bought an Argyle tie recently - I'll even wear a lanyard. Go on Jimbo - I know where York is.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:10 am

I imagine it's a bit late for any of you to see this now, but you might consider asking this question about the staff.

"Dear St James, (ex) Master Of The Universe (Afterwards Deified)...

My lip quivers at the very thought of the mental torture you must surely have experienced when you learned, with frozen horror, that you would not be allowed to pay the staff the wages they had been owed for so long and which they would have already been paid, if only you hadn't been too tight to include the Ground in your bid, pay for Preferred Bidder Status and fund the administration because of those low-down, dirty rules, but I was wondering...

...what were the responses when you called the other creditors whose repayments are being amortised, explained the plight of the staff and asked if they would mind you coming to a special arrangement with those poor, deserving folks, that would allow them to receive more of their deferred wages upfront? Given the fact that you are famous for possessing the negotiating skills of Henry Kissinger with a wiretap in the bedroom, they must have given you pretty short shrift. I'm so sorry you had to hear bad words like that.

...While I'm at it, I would also like to express my sympathy at the even greater anguish you must have felt when you realised you were losing your touch and that because the Higher Home Park development was going to make absolutely no money whatsoever, you were unable to offer the staff interest-free loans, repayable over five years, or even longer.

Amen.

...Fellow Janners, all rise.

Hail St. James, full of grace,
Deep Throat is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst property sharks,
And blessed is the fruit of thy asset portfolio..."

(My mum'll kill me if she reads that bit.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:36 am

Freathy wrote:

I seen that, the lynchmob mentality over on the farm showing its true colours.
How dare he criticize Brent, shaddap and be grateful, no wonder this club will never amount to anything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:47 am

And now i see its been moved.....silence the dissenters!!!

Mr optimistic ATD awaits your arrival
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:14 am

He'll be safe until later. All the 'good and the great [or should that be the ' grim and the grovelling' ? ], will be at HP today, trying to look important, arranging chairs for the Avivafest , dusting down the directors' box and all in the name of that fine gentleman.

The man has planned this scenario from day one.

Cometh the Blue Square, we'll show Braintree and Alfreton how big a club we are. Greeeeeeen Arrrrmmmeeee !

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:13 am

I see the 'president' has popped up on that thread Rolling Eyes Today's orchestrated pro-brent rally I mean new stand Q&A session is, just as some have predicted, a box ticking excercise so brent can say he 'consulted'. I really don't think the plans as they stand will amended.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:34 pm

That's why we have the pasb so that the questions the money grabbing property developer owner wants to be aired can be whilst the views of his customers can be ignored, another football first. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:38 pm

Why is Chris Webb there and not out on strike with the CWU?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Cos he is no different from any other new labour wanker, can't wait to drag the rich out of their limos and quickly jump into the plush leather interior and pour a large brandy whilst the chauffeur takes him down the golf club to meet all the other feckin turncoats that he went to uni with, caaannnnttttsss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:47 pm

On my iPad I accidentally clicked on the argyle fans trust and it came up with the profile, it said, "no friends yet", lol!
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:51 pm

Credit where credit's due. You probably deserved to win, although to say it was a game of few real chances is an understatement. The only meaningful shot on target I can recall from either side was the bit of brilliance Banton actually scored from - as opposed to powder-puff chances from either side which had little hope of going in, bar a howling blunder by the 'keeper.

Not having a dig, but I didn't think you were particularly great and you'll have to spend to do well next season. You probably benefitted from our worst away performance so far, bar the first ten or 15 minutes. I suspect some of the players lost it mentally - I didn't recognise the embarrassingly bad Molesley as the player I've seen so far for example.

Nevertheless the main thing is you're probably good enough to be reasonably comfortable, unless what I've seen of the rest is unrepresentative. You seem to have a decent central defence (it was difficult to tell given that they had so little to deal with) and probably concede too many, so Banton pulling something out of nothing like he did could be enough to win you games on its own.

Problem is, it rather lets the Nationalsozialistische Janner Arbeiterpartei off the hook for a while.

As an aside, given that I hadn't been to the site for two years, I was surprised to see how much bigger it was than I recalled. I'm no development expert, but it seems a pretty prime site to me.

I think I'm correct that Herr Reluctant Bidder was featured in the Herald, soon after he bought PAFC, saying that he wasn't going to make much money and was principally in it to help you lot. Or have I misremembered and it was merely something his courtiers claimed on his behalf? It's sometimes difficult to remember what came out of his mouth or the mouths of others, so adept is he at information management and propaganda.

Anyway, no matter who the feck said it, the idea that he isn't going to make serious cash looks completely ludicrous to me.

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:08 pm

I fink we're fecked. Don't fink I can be arsed to even care anymore. It's all so frikkin futile and village.
Back to top Go down
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
I fink we're fecked. Don't fink I can be arsed to even care anymore. It's all so frikkin futile and village.

If everyone who knows the score does that - they win. Simple as.

If nothing else, Join the Trust , keep your membership up to date, even if things seem hopeless and get every body else you know with an interest in PAFC to join, even if they don't go every week and aren't political animals.

Every member the Trust can point to and every pound they have at their disposal gives them more credibility as an alternative powerbase to the Politburo. It's possible Newell will prove to have made a tactical mistake in time, in his outright contempt for the Trust as a democratic instituion making its own choices, rather than as a vehicle for those who think like himself. Add that to his slavish support for everything Brent does and he should be hopelessly compromised when the sh*t hits the fan a few years down the line, as I suspect it will - if it doesn't before then. If the Trust play it right, he'll be stranded watching his patron ride out of town with the loot. Webb is almost as compromised, although he's usually careful to mouth his usual platitudes and meaningless generalities about "supporting the Trust Model" and so on - but it still shouldn't be impossible to cook his goose if things go the right way.

Don't give up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 8:31 am

Freathy wrote:

I'm not sure its real . I reckon someone actually sets up straw men accounts for the natives to ridicule. As far as i an concerned, Everyone on there is a multi until proven otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....   Questions to ask Brent on Saturday.... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions to ask Brent on Saturday....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2