Dougie
Flat_Track_Bully
Mock Cuncher
Coxside_Green
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Mr Brent - Just a few questions? Empty
PostSubject: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Apparently he's a very nice man who has 'saved' our club. Hmm ok.

During administration he was nailed on 'preferred bidder' until Heaney/BIL came along and amazingly scuppered things. All of a sudden the unknown/Heaney/Irish/BIL bid became preferred bidder. As far as we're told, one of the Mastpoint Massive was funding Heaney. Do we have proof of this?. To me it seems nothing more than a pasoti fact started by postey (little pee). I don't recall anything official, ever.

For whatever reason, the unknown/Heaney/Irish/BIL bid with (the completely honest) Ridsdale onboard kept winning extension after extension in the race to purchase our unmarketed club, has anyone ever seen proof of funds?, or indeed BIL was ever a separate entity (at least away from Brent)?. Could BIL be Brent (I'm laughing) or a representative at all?

Ridsdale is a businessman in his own right. How can I be certain he wasn't conspiring with Mr Brent from the beginning with everything else being a cover-up?. There's no way Ridsdale wanted to be connected to a liquidated club.

I think if I was Brent I would've scrapped the Truro friendly knowing I had been messed about for 6 months. In the 'real' world, business 1st I guess.

Just rambling.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:50 pm

I still think that the former directors got away *very* easily from the whole thing.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were in cahoots with one or perhaps both of Heaney & Brent, and it wouldnt surprise me if they didn't lose very much money and yet the club did.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm

We need more than ever a experienced CEO to run the club i think 70% of the problems would cease then and the football team would start to get more interest rather than giant flags and pasty votes. Dunford would do he is local.

oh and bring back a director of football too
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:23 am

Very unlikely Brent has any connections with BIL/Heaney. What would be the advantage in Brent having two identical offers on the table? Why would he have an anonymous one via Heaney when he already had one with his name attached to it? The faffing around of the administrators with Heaney actually cost Brent more money, as the footballing debts escalated. He's also unlikely to have been in cahoots with Ridsdale, as Ridsdale high-tailed the minute Brent took full control, once he realised he wasn't going to be able to drain any more money out of us with Brent there.

The Heaney bid looks like it may have been a cover for some of the 'old board' with Ridsdale and his administrators involved as well. Remember this is how it happened:

Stapleton appoints Ridsdale (after his 'walking holiday') to effectively do the job he (Stapelton) should be doing
Ridsdale appoints Guilfoyle
Guilfoyle appionts Ridsdale as Chief Exe, apparently on large salary, allowing Stapleton to disappear into the background
Heaney bid miraclously trumps Brent bid at last moment
Heaney bid has company registered at Stapleton's accountants address
After their unveiling, Heaney offers Ridsdale the club for a £1.

Lets not forget in all this Brent bashing that is going on, that the real villians are Stapleton and his 'new world' mob who somehow ran up a massive debt (and we never did find what those £ms of 'other costs' were for). They are the reason we are in this dire mess. If they'd ran the business with even a modicum of sense we would, at worst, be mid table in L1 now.
It is their incompetence that has eventually led to Brent taking over, he may have no real interest in the football side of things, but he wouldn't have gone near the club unless it was available at such a knock down price, and therefore coming with the guarentee of development opportunities. At least Brent isn't in danger of running the club into debt again.

Last edited by Flat_Track_Bully on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:47 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I still think that the former directors got away *very* easily from the whole thing.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were in cahoots with one or perhaps both of Heaney & Brent, and it wouldnt surprise me if they didn't lose very much money and yet the club did.

Any settlement with Mastpoint seems to be very secret. There was the agreement in the original CVA that gave them a share of any additional TV money if we got a televised Cup tie and if I recall correctly the money the the club receives annually from the Premier League Sky contract.

Either way Mastpoint still has an affect on the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:17 am

That's how I see it Dougie, I doubt very much that Masterpoint will lose a penny and neither will any others involved in this morally bankrupt seedy underworld of legitimate crime, the only loss makers will be the the club that is undergoing the final stages of its asset strip, the creditors and the fans that are paying for it via auctions, fan-fest, dire entertainment and probable loss of FL status and maybe even a future windup.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:22 am

Hence we have not been saved
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:36 am

Depends how you define "saved" Freathy.

The only way I can see PAFC surviving is for the club to become non FL and possible part-time. This way the club could maybe survive on its gate income alone with a few scraps from Brent's ventures chucked in along with part-time, unskilled owners.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 am

Posted by Argyle777 on pasoti-

Quote :
Fair dos for CW replying to a previous poster but smacks of same old same old for me.... usual lines trotted out by the prawn sandwich, upper hierachy of Argyle fans brigade. In my opinion some people are too close to JB to give the real facts. Clever, very clever by JB - let CW et al take the heat while he goes about building his projects and making money while suffocating the club. I actually feel sorry for him at times. Just wish JB would stop sinning the yarn with quotes to keep the blinkered PAFC fan happy (cometitive budgets, etc). Stop the cotton wool statements and match day experience cr@p. Id rather stand in a stadium without Ale, without pasties, without Forza whatever and have a half decent side that i think could actually give me HOPE of going somewhere further down the line. At times its the blind leading the blind. However in the land of the blind the 1 eyed man is King isnt he JB...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:40 am

Chemical Ali wrote:

Quote :
Fair dos for CW replying to a previous poster but smacks of same old same old for me.... usual lines trotted out by the prawn sandwich, upper hierachy of Argyle fans brigade. In my opinion some people are too close to JB to give the real facts. Clever, very clever by JB - let CW et al take the heat while he goes about building his projects and making money while suffocating the club. I actually feel sorry for him at times. Just wish JB would stop sinning the yarn with quotes to keep the blinkered PAFC fan happy (cometitive budgets, etc). Stop the cotton wool statements and match day experience cr@p. Id rather stand in a stadium without Ale, without pasties, without Forza whatever and have a half decent side that i think could actually give me HOPE of going somewhere further down the line. At times its the blind leading the blind. However in the land of the blind the 1 eyed man is King isnt he JB...

Typical responses! Attack the person carrying the message. And then telling him to keep quiet in case he upsets the man in charge. (Lots of families operate like that and "the man in charge" becomes isolated.)

The trouble is, it seems to me, that Brent has the very laudable aim of creating a secure and successful club in the long-term. That's superb and if he pulls it off he will be truly a saviour. But, at present, the short term also needs taking care of.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:46 am

I believe it was Koichiro Abe who funded BIL, but he pulled out about 6 weeks before BIL was dropped as preferred bidder.

Abe was part of Mastpoint.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:42 am

Chemical Ali wrote:

Quote :

The easily fooled brent lovers are quick to round on him I see. It's staplewallet all over again - once bitten certainly not twice shy on pasoti. Under brent Argyle is in freefall and just how bad do things have to get before these idiots stop worshipping brent for 'saving' Argyle and spitting abuse at anyone who dares to question and start realising that we are facing almost certain expulsion from the football league and probably a lot worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:46 am

As I said to Smiffy before he made the decision to fall back into line for the pasoti dictators, name me one FL club that survives on its own income alone?
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:00 pm

exeter, torquay, daggers, crewe, forest..
thats just off the top of my head, there'll be others too
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 pm

I thought Torquay had money put into them by a lottery winning syndicate? and Forest were bankrolled by their chairman (who died last season).
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:08 pm

not sure with torquay, but there was never any bankrolling at forest, its in their constitution, no loans. they do have over 20k season ticket holders, so i'd guess that goes a way to keeping them solvent/solvant
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 7:32 pm

We need more than ever a experienced CEO to run the club i think 70% of the problems would cease then and the football team would start to get more interest rather than giant

oh and bring back a director of football

I'd have wished for a new experienced manager at the end of last season to be honest.

Carl ''i thought the Boys done well in the circumstances'' Fletcher has one year to improve things on the pitch [or less] depending on how it all goes that is.

Bringing in a Director of Football will reek of desperation again,whether Fletcher asks for it or not. James ''i am a football fan now'' Brent would certainly have to go the full hog i think.

Brent would really have to think long and hard if Fletcher starts to see things going horribly wrong on the pitch like last season (although,as i have stated,i believe he and the team will be fine come May '13 ?). Brent may also have his hand forced if that where to happen.

Could the club remain focused if Fletcher were to be replaced [not removed] along with remaining together while a new gaffer is sought. Unless that is,Brent has someone in mind from early last season of course,when apparently there was no shortage of potential manager types up for the challenge of taking up the hot seat at Home Park.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:17 pm

crewes star young players always tend to reach a few million ours reach a 100grand if we are lucky !
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:32 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
crewes star young players always tend to reach a few million ours reach a 100grand if we are lucky !
not realy true,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
exeter, torquay, daggers, crewe, forest..
thats just off the top of my head, there'll be others too

Really, that's news to the football world.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:10 pm

Renegade wrote:
We need more than ever a experienced CEO to run the club i think 70% of the problems would cease then and the football team would start to get more interest rather than giant flags and pasty votes. Dunford would do he is local.

There certainly is a school of thought that the administrative mess in which the club found itself began after Dunford left the club. His duties were taken over by Keith Todd who thought it was an easy ride to administratively manage a football club, and who was probably the most ineffective and bumbling CEO in PAFC's history.

The place has been a shambles ever since, I've no idea who has taken on the role now, but there doesn't seem to be a bespoke appointment. I have a feeling that should a new CEO be appointed, the influence of a couple of people may be curtailed somewhat - which is obviously why the status quo will be maintained for as long as possible - to the detriment of the club.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Mapperley, darling wrote:
not sure with torquay, but there was never any bankrolling at forest, its in their constitution, no loans. they do have over 20k season ticket holders, so i'd guess that goes a way to keeping them solvent/solvant
Doughty reckons it cost him 12m a year to keep Forest going:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr Brent - Just a few questions?   Mr Brent - Just a few questions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mr Brent - Just a few questions?
Page 1 of 1