seadog
Munch
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:52 am

penzancepirate wrote:
The slapstick Northern Numpty thing was always a handy cover for what people really thought. They call it pragmitism. How the Southern Dumpties can totally blame Guilfoyle and leave Ridsdale in the clear is quite extroadinary.
Ridsdale was never going anywhere. Fortunately ATD is Britain's first official Ridsdale free zone, so I can't imagine we'll be asking him to do a Q and A anytime soon.
An example to young people everywhere of how easily a good day can turn sour. Still, we're used to it, sticking out in the Atlantic cat

Dumpties..............

lol!

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:27 am

Whatever else, Ridsdale has had more experience of working with clubs in financial difficulties then anyone else I can think of, and must have learnt something along the way.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:30 am

At Cardiff there seemed to be lot of smoke and mirrors around the funding to bring in (admitidly some good) players that, on the face of it, Cardiff could no way afford. Same at Leeds. Now this used to really grind certain Argyle fans - I can remember all the indignation on Pasoti everytime Cardiff made a 'big money' signing - "I'm glad we've got stapes not spending beyond our means and guiding a steady ship blah blah" etc etc. Will the riddler behave like this at Argyle? If so would he get away with such behaviour under Brent?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Freathy wrote:
At Cardiff there seemed to be lot of smoke and mirrors around the funding to bring in (admitidly some good) players that, on the face of it, Cardiff could no way afford. Same at Leeds. Now this used to really grind certain Argyle fans - I can remember all the indignation on Pasoti everytime Cardiff made a 'big money' signing - "I'm glad we've got stapes not spending beyond our means and guiding a steady ship blah blah" etc etc. Will the riddler behave like this at Argyle? If so would he get away with such behaviour under Brent?

lol! That is exactly right about the reaction to Ridsdale when he was at Cardiff,it was akin to burning a witch at times.The difference between Ridsdale at Cardiff and down here is that Cardiff were already an established CCC side when he went there.When Cardiff were in a similar postion to Argyle [not quite as bad,though],it was Sam Hamman's money that bankrolled them up the leagues,not Ridsdale as seems to be commonly perceived.I recall there was a rather ugly falling out between the two of them in the end,it was something about a huge loan to build the new stadium,can't remember the exact details.I see a new finance director has been appointed;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Certainly looks a no nonsense type,although theoretically he should be answering to Ridsdale,so what the power dynamic will be in the new regime remains to be seen.He reminds me of somebody,can't quite think who though.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:28 pm

A bit more about Mr Baker and,indirectly,Mr Brent;

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:37 pm

After the OS trumpeting Ridders innocence of his Cardiff shenanigens I like the respected John Beech's view of it

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:39 pm

His cuntishness knows no bounds. pale
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:40 am

Arch Stanton wrote:
James Brents first appointment.

Peter Ridsdale confirmed as Chairman.

Where does this leave the likes of Jones and Dunford?

Dunford out in the cold i'd guess - you can't have both.

PJ, it'll be interesting to see, there's no love lost there.

The shape of the board will be interesting to say the least. Ridsdale doesn't like the interference of other people poking their noses into his business, that would you'd think preclude ANY fan representation. However his remit appears totally focused on football so apart from the obligatory use of Jamie and Paul Hart in some future capacity, watch your back Fletch, what influence can he possibly have over the CLUB itself?.

Maybe that's how it'll shape up, Ridders and his cloak of secrecy overseeing football while PJ, the Trust and others are appointed for CLUB matters. Enough distinction that the two opposing magnets don't rub up against each other.

The main thing though is that the most important position has been filled, the owner. His business record, not only of success but of success with integrity will ensure that no mere minion can derail things. The fact he's taken away the attraction of the ground for property developers will hopefully see the board constructed with people who 'give a shit' about Argyle and aren't there for personal reasons. Let the 'ego' play with his football contacts, leave the CLUB to decent honourable people with Argyle at heart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:43 am

X Isle wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
James Brents first appointment.

Peter Ridsdale confirmed as Chairman.

Where does this leave the likes of Jones and Dunford?

Dunford out in the cold i'd guess - you can't have both.

PJ, it'll be interesting to see, there's no love lost there.

The shape of the board will be interesting to say the least. Ridsdale doesn't like the interference of other people poking their noses into his business, that would you'd think preclude ANY fan representation. However his remit appears totally focused on football so apart from the obligatory use of Jamie and Paul Hart in some future capacity, watch your back Fletch, what influence can he possibly have over the CLUB itself?.

Maybe that's how it'll shape up, Ridders and his cloak of secrecy overseeing football while PJ, the Trust and others are appointed for CLUB matters. Enough distinction that the two opposing magnets don't rub up against each other.

The main thing though is that the most important position has been filled, the owner. His business record, not only of success but of success with integrity will ensure that no mere minion can derail things. The fact he's taken away the attraction of the ground for property developers will hopefully see the board constructed with people who 'give a shit' about Argyle and aren't there for personal reasons. Let the 'ego' play with his football contacts, leave the CLUB to decent honourable people with Argyle at heart.

Will Ridsdale get paid as Chairman?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 am

That has to be a given Frank, Peter wouldn't pick his nose unless someone would bid on his bogeys on Ebay.

I should imagine the fact he's been touting his sorry ass round football in the last few weeks just indicates the size of the wage being offered.........i.e. a darn sight less than he thinks he's worth. However now he's lost his £20k administration gravy-train he needs an income and the modest fee (he's NOT the chairman, just chair for footballing matters) is better than 'owt as he'd say.

I don't expect him to be around long, I can stomach his presence during that handover period - for footballing matters only.

Michael Dunford, put your feet up for a few months, the phone will go sometime next close-season i'd wager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:33 am

I think the Pasoti Trust is dead, but then it never really existed so I doubt there'll be much influence from those left on the unelected junta that has the nerve to describe itself as a Trust, they'll be left to fight over the scraps. I think "Webby" may have lined himself up for something sweet, hence his prompt, dignified and silently graceful resignation, but what position in this desperate clamour for recognition and power will Jones play?

I know that Ridsdale and the size of Ridsdale’s contact book impressed Newell, but then we all know that Ian is star struck with a glimpse of a social ladder so I find it impossible to take seriously. At least, I hope I am right when I think that Brent is just using Ridsdale for the smoothing over period but knowing what a bunch of scammers have been involved in this mess so far I wouldn’t be at all shocked if Ridsdale and Brent turned out to be sharing the same bed linen with the Newell’s and Webb’s of the Argyle world clearing up their sorry mess and tissues in the morning and being well behaved bitches, after all, has anyone heard a bad word from these guys regarding Ridsdale?

Meanwhile, let’s talk about the Campbells, Stapleton’s, Gardener’s and Todd’s and how some sort of group can be formed to encourage fans to finance and back a full investigation that would include any influence from past directors over Pasoti?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:55 am

GOB wrote:
I think the Pasoti Trust is dead, but then it never really existed so I doubt there'll be much influence from those left on the unelected junta that has the nerve to describe itself as a Trust, they'll be left to fight over the scraps. I think "Webby" may have lined himself up for something sweet, hence his prompt, dignified and silently graceful resignation, but what position in this desperate clamour for recognition and power will Jones play?

I know that Ridsdale and the size of Ridsdale’s contact book impressed Newell, but then we all know that Ian is star struck with a glimpse of a social ladder so I find it impossible to take seriously. At least, I hope I am right when I think that Brent is just using Ridsdale for the smoothing over period but knowing what a bunch of scammers have been involved in this mess so far I wouldn’t be at all shocked if Ridsdale and Brent turned out to be sharing the same bed linen with the Newell’s and Webb’s of the Argyle world clearing up their sorry mess and tissues in the morning and being well behaved bitches, after all, has anyone heard a bad word from these guys regarding Ridsdale?

Meanwhile, let’s talk about the Campbells, Stapleton’s, Gardener’s and Todd’s and how some sort of group can be formed to encourage fans to finance and back a full investigation that would include any influence from past directors over Pasoti?

Newell is on a roll now. He wants Gardner's name removed from the list of Chairmen board. Why stop there ? Get rid of Stapes n Dan too ! What a prick.
He's now moving inside the building with his pitbulls !

Where will it all end ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Tringreen wrote:
GOB wrote:

Newell is on a roll now. He wants Gardner's name removed from the list of Chairmen board. Why stop there ? Get rid of Stapes n Dan too ! What a prick.

Where will it all end ?

You are joking, yes? pig lol!

Shouldn't Ridsdale's name be on it now just so we can have the burden of the ultimate humiliation?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:21 pm

GOB wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
GOB wrote:

Where will it all end ?

You are joking, yes? pig lol!

Shouldn't Ridsdale's name be on it now just so we can have the burden of the ultimate humiliation?

Not joking I'm afraid. Are the lunatics taking over the asylum, or is it some cunning plan hatched by the suits ?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale Watch   Ridsdale Watch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridsdale Watch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2