+3
Greenskin
seadog
Ponty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ponty

Ridsdale interview... Empty
PostSubject: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"If you don't buy a season ticket there will be no club"

Over a barrel??
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:18 pm

Cheers Ponty, saves wading through a load of posts.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Predictable blackmail.No matter how incompetent or self serving the management of the club has been,you can bet your bottom dollar that the blame will lie with the fans.Feck him,i'm not buying a season.What incentive is there to do so? The best case scenario seems to be a collection of cast offs representing Argyle after every other club has picked off the decent players available.Worst case scenario is the club folding.Bleddy cheek really,asking the fans to support such an unappetising menu in their droves.As i've said before,i don't believe the club has been advertised and marketed to the optimum level and that Ridsdale is using the club for his own ends.If he finds someone with the required funding to at least give a bit of hope for the forthcoming season [or even pay the staff their dues],then i may change my mind.Otherwise he can go and screw himself-the onus is on them to sort this situation out,not on long serving and loyal fans such as myself and thousands of others who have put much time and money into supporting the club and who should not bear the slightest semblance of guilt should the club go under.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

I agree. It's bare faced f***ing cheek to blackmail the fans like this after the way the club has been destroyed by four years of staggering mismanagement and greed. And why should I buy a season ticket to watch what will easily be by far the worst Argyle 'team' probably in our 125 history get outclassed week in week out by shit like Barnet, Crawley and f***ing Accrington Stanley when it didn't have to be like this.

Jog on ridsdale you c***
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:37 pm

Same old same old.
I think the "pay the staff or POTD" is so weak. Where's the threat in that ? .... baby stuff and a position that stinks of tokenism.
Sod POTD, mean it, stay at home, enjoy the Summer weekends for a change, avoid this bunch of profiteers, don't make it easier for them to aquire this club.
Sadly there are some fan 'opinion makers' out there who would turn and back Ridsdale tomorrow at the sound of the right weasley words... and ..... they will, they're anybody's... it will continue to be the duck shoot it has been all along.

How dare Ridsdale blame the fans again ... it reminds me of some old archive recording of yet another Napoleon 'fickle' rant. These people need to get real, if you've nothing to offer the fans, people won't buy it ... simple. I can't help laughing at Ridsdale's logic .... give me some money or we'll pack in our jobs and business, losing a lot of money in the process !...... Go on then, do it. Laughing .... what nonsense !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:58 pm

No surprise here, that's exactly what I expected.

So the gauntlet has been cast, the only question to answer now is will the fans, staff and players have what it takes to say "F u c k you"?

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 23)
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 8:50 pm

It was a pretty crap 'interview', seemed more like a Q&A,

But, tbh, On the question of season tickets, I am not sure he was making a veiled threat, so to speak... But was actually stating what he believes to be a (rapson) fact.

But what was plain to see.. He didn't answer the question as to how many season tickets he thought Argyle would sell.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:30 am

Rickler wrote:
It was a pretty crap 'interview', seemed more like a Q&A,

But what was plain to see.. He didn't answer the question as to how many season tickets he thought Argyle would sell.
I was reading the young lad's twitter and he was bemoaning the fact that he was just trying to make the interview a bit of a difficult time for PR. I advised him that most of the supposedly difficult questions were not given enough foundation to back up their intent, so Ridsdale could easily wriggle out of them. At least he's trying to come in from the right angle I suppose, beats some of the older gorms on Pisspoti, suckling up to the dry teat of Mao in the hope for a manor outside Beijing whilst the peasants drop like flies. Pathetic.

Any guess on that second one? 3k? LOL
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:57 am

Greenskin wrote:
Predictable blackmail.No matter how incompetent or self serving the management of the club has been,you can bet your bottom dollar that the blame will lie with the fans.Feck him,i'm not buying a season.What incentive is there to do so? The best case scenario seems to be a collection of cast offs representing Argyle after every other club has picked off the decent players available.Worst case scenario is the club folding.Bleddy cheek really,asking the fans to support such an unappetising menu in their droves.As i've said before,i don't believe the club has been advertised and marketed to the optimum level and that Ridsdale is using the club for his own ends.If he finds someone with the required funding to at least give a bit of hope for the forthcoming season [or even pay the staff their dues],then i may change my mind.Otherwise he can go and screw himself-the onus is on them to sort this situation out,not on long serving and loyal fans such as myself and thousands of others who have put much time and money into supporting the club and who should not bear the slightest semblance of guilt should the club go under.

This..........
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:58 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Same old same old.
I think the "pay the staff or POTD" is so weak. Where's the threat in that ? .... baby stuff and a position that stinks of tokenism.
Sod POTD, mean it, stay at home, enjoy the Summer weekends for a change, avoid this bunch of profiteers, don't make it easier for them to aquire this club.
Sadly there are some fan 'opinion makers' out there who would turn and back Ridsdale tomorrow at the sound of the right weasley words... and ..... they will, they're anybody's... it will continue to be the duck shoot it has been all along.

How dare Ridsdale blame the fans again ... it reminds me of some old archive recording of yet another Napoleon 'fickle' rant. These people need to get real, if you've nothing to offer the fans, people won't buy it ... simple. I can't help laughing at Ridsdale's logic .... give me some money or we'll pack in our jobs and business, losing a lot of money in the process !...... Go on then, do it. Laughing .... what nonsense !

And this.........

Hope the trust leadership is still looking in.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:39 am

Seriously, has anyone known a pre-season with less hope for the coming year than this one?

We many finish out of the bottom two but only if there are two clubs who also get financial penalties against them. That is all I've got to hope for.

Combined with the immoral dealings of the bidders not wanting to pay those who have kept the club alive...no ta Ridsdalers buuy.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 pm

This is very much a no win scenario, it can't be won. Whatever way you look at it this is the end of the ride unless you want to support the worst kinds of characters involved in football and a club that will continue to spiral downwards until it reaches the same position that it will reach anyway.

One hope, Cardiff Trading Standards, and it's a slim one at that because there's another shytster stood right behind Ridsdlae waiting to pick at the crumbs.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Grim innit.

Our only hope is that Ridsdale is sent down and Heany loses interest and there is some late bid by a real investor interested in a club with real potential in the right hands.

Anything else and Argyle's days are effectively numbered. If Argyle survived under a ridsdale,*****wallet and Heany axis I can us spending years in the Blue Square leagues and relocating to some out of town makehift ground as Heany evicts us and turns the Home Park site into a cinema and student flats. I'd much rather the club went into liquidation now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ridsdale interview...   Ridsdale interview... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ridsdale interview...
Page 1 of 1