Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Yea Man wrote:
A clap would have been sufficient to appreciate what he did for us.

To chant his name is feckin moronic.

Can read the headlines now: killer keeper gets heroes welcome on return to old club.

Can only imagine how the family feel reading that he got a standing ovation by SOME of the home crowd. this really is quite a tasteless thread.
Back to top Go down

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:49 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
You are absolutely right Cobi - I was also clapping Luke when he came out. Clapping him as a part of a great team we once had. He made a terrible, tragic mistake and has served his time and has been punished. H is now getting on with his life and his job.
killed two kids destroyed a family, how long did he serve two years! disgusting lenszner, should have been twenty two years if there was any justice.
Back to top Go down

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
You are absolutely right Cobi - I was also clapping Luke when he came out. Clapping him as a part of a great team we once had. He made a terrible, tragic mistake and has served his time and has been punished. H is now getting on with his life and his job.

Yes and the man he crippled is getting on with his life that he nearly lost
Back to top Go down

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:02 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
To be fair, Cobi's response would be similar to a lot of kids his age that aren't worldly wise just yet.

This
It was F*cking disgraceful and cringe-worthy at best.
Thankfully the majority ie everyone not in the Happy Clappy Forza Nerd did the right thing and stayed silent neither booing nor clapping,Cobi makes out as if it was the whole Stadium when in actual fact all we are talking about here are about 100-150 pre-pubescent berks.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:04 pm

He did get booed the first time he touched the ball and it came from the forze nerde.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Nothing 'super' about him I'm afraid. As it happens I've not one iota of a problem of him continuing as a footballer. To be treated to a Super Luke chant is beyond the pail. Quiet indifference should have been the order of the day.
Back to top Go down

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:18 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
He did get booed the first time he touched the ball and it came from the forze nerde.

no doubt they were read the riot act at halftime and told to embrace him afterwards. remember they get told what to sing as they are mainly kids with no imaginations.
Back to top Go down

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm all for forgive and forget and for Christ's sake there but for the grace of God if I think back to my youth....but singing his name was wrong...bless that he got you a birthday present Cobi. 30 years ago Jimmy Saville would have done the same (edited to add that the offences are not the same but buying a birthday present for someone is not a character reference)

I would have stayed quiet on the basis that the subject is emotive and I could have been sat near someone who had also lost a relative to a drink driver - some of us have you know.

As far as I'm concerned he's obviously learnt his lesson, he's contrite and getting on with his life. Good luck to him. Face to face I would say the same but would I sing his name....no way.
Back to top Go down

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 6:25 pm

just reading tweets about this its amazing the kids on there think it was fantastic to singing super luke :O

again i am all for giving someone a second chance in life if they have served their time providing they have reformed but why should they be treated like a hero because they played for the club?

the sun will tan the clubs backside i have no doubt
Back to top Go down

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 7:33 pm

In a way you could say the same thing about the national anthem, singing in praise of the queen when thousands have lost their lives fighting for and against in the so called good of queen and country.
I never clapped or sang or booed, just stayed silent
ps was also silent for most of the game as it was pretty woeful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

McCormick - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: McCormick   McCormick - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

McCormick
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2