The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Interest in McCormick?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Interest in McCormick? Empty
PostSubject: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:03 pm

Sky running a few quotes from his agent- probably pushing for a new deal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:26 pm

touting if ever i saw it. Argyle will offer a new deal i am sure of it Luke despite his agents words wont be awashed with offers from bigger clubs. His previous will always go against him.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:32 pm

He's definitely one to tie down, if only to secure a decent fee when an offer comes in.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Touting is might be but any club looking for a keeper up to lower Championship level would surely be casting an eye over him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Dougie wrote:
Touting is might be but any club looking for a keeper up to lower Championship level would surely be casting an eye over him.

Many will rate him for sure but i really dont see him ever playing in the championship as no club will want to upset the Sun as they are relentless in their pursuit of writing articles about luke with the Peake families tears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Many will rate him for sure but i really dont see him ever playing in the championship as no club will want to upset the Sun as they are relentless in their pursuit of writing articles about luke with the Peake families tears.

It didn't stop Oxford or us signing him. Bit of whinging at first but most of the neanderthals got over it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:53 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

It didn't stop Oxford or us signing him. Bit of whinging at first but most of the neanderthals got over it.

because oxford and us are lower league an hardly make the papers and tv. It would be a completely different story if he were to pop up at a championship club where the media spotlight is more prominent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

I disagree wholeheartedly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Could be the precursor to extending his contract for another 12 months, and that would be all.
Can't imagine him moving on. It would appear McCormick has been a definite improvement since he arrived, but I always thought he, and Romain for that matter, were a bit below par for goalkeepers in the CCC.
Romain found it difficult to command his box, and Mccormick had trouble timing his coming to meet strikers. What do you think Knecht ? you're the ATD keeper expert.

Last edited by Winter Green on Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:12 pm

My gut feeling is that it would take a very good offer to tempt McCormick away.

Suspect he has family connections to the South West now, and he's out of the limelight and media scrutiny... will do him good to keep his head down for a couple of seasons, even though he's probably playing a league or two below his ability. It's good for Luke and it's definitely good for Argyle.

Perhaps if a big Midlands club came in for him with a good contract and first team football that might turn his head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Do you think it will be forgotten about and not mentioned if he rocks up at a big club? not in a million years is the answer
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:20 pm

think he's looking for a long term deal, as he is clearly number 1 here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:44 pm

Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Do you think it will be forgotten about and not mentioned if he rocks up at a big club? not in a million years is the answer

It will never be forgotten here, have you not heard the chants?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Angry wrote:
Dougie wrote:

It will never be forgotten here, have you not heard the chants?

I have indeed and that will be increased tenfold at bigger grounds. No matter how good a keeper Luke is or how much his form warrants playing in a higher league he will always be the keeper that drunk drive resulting in two children dying. No matter how much he has reformed, remorsed or how nicer a guy he is off the pitch that incident is impossible for anyclub to shake off.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 6:43 pm

waiting for the sun story now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 am

I had a chat with someone recently who had had a long conversation with Luke. He asked him if he would move on. The reply was that he was very happy at Argyle & certainly wouldn't be looking for a transfer but it was out of his hands if an offer was made that the club couldn't refuse.

I wouldn't put him at the level of Furnell, Aleksic, Barron etc but he is certainly one of the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interest in McCormick?   Interest in McCormick? Empty

Back to top Go down

Interest in McCormick?
Page 1 of 1