Freathy
Mock Cuncher
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Bottom 5 all currently winning. As long as we keep winning it doesn't really matter as it just drags more teams into the mix.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:53 pm

2 0 at half time. Morecambes tactical change gave them a lot more possession and put us on the back foot. We need a third!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:41 pm

They've just scored a wondergoal from 2d yards. We're very defensive.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Their right back sent off for second yellow.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 4:59 pm

Peace of piss that, no worries.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:04 pm

feck me that was nervy. Started well but other than the goals we didn't do much and according to their comms it was two awful blunders that gifted us the goals. 59% possession to them, 14 corners to 2.

It's a win and 3 points though, and we needed it with all the other strugglers winning.

Now JS has got used to the players we can surely only get better?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:05 pm

The great day of victory over Morecambe has come. Northerners Morecambe, forced to her knees by the Green Army and the skillz of our boys, has acknowledged herself defeated and declared unconditional surrender.

On January 12 the preliminary protocol on surrender was signed in the city of 'Muff. On January 12 representatives of the Morecambe High Command, in the presence of representatives of the Supreme Command of the Argyle Bheys and the Supreme Command of the Back Four, signed in the Mayflower the final act of surrender, the execution of which began at 15:00 hours on Jan 12.

Being aware of the wolfish habits of the Morecambe ringleaders, who regard treaties and agreements as empty scraps of paper, we have no reason to trust their words. However, this morning, in pursuance of the act of surrender, the Morecambe troops began to lay down their arms and surrender to our skillz en masse. This is no longer an empty scrap of paper. This is actual surrender of Morecambe's armed forces. True, one group of Morecambe troops in the area of Czechoslovakia is still evading surrender. But I trust that the Green Army will be able to bring it to its senses.

The great sacrifices we made in the name of the freedom and independence of our Motherland, the incalculable privations and sufferings experienced by our people in the course of the war, the intense work in the rear and at the front, placed on the altar of the Motherland, have not been in vain, and have been crowned by complete victory over the enemy. The age-long struggle of the Dev peoples for their existence and their independence has ended in victory over the Morecambe invaders and Morecambian tyranny.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:11 pm

Out of the bottom two, but Bristol Rovers and Wimbledon have two games in hand.

Bum will be squeaking for a few weeks yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:35 pm

Just back from SJP. Easy win with City looking dominant from start to finish.

5 away wins on the trot, now for another two against lowly local opposition. This is the worst League 2 I have seen.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:48 pm

Ahah but you shall not darken our door today. The good ship will rise once more. Off with you...today is our day Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 5:53 pm

Shez ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, jocolor
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:00 pm

The Red Star wrote:

5 away wins on the trot, now for another two against lowly local opposition. This is the worst League 2 I have seen.

So you post on a rivals forum instead of your own?

Fwiw I agree about the quality of this league. You lot haven't won since nov yet you're 3rd
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Second half was awful. Why they think they can stop playing after 25 mins is beyond me. I hope Sheridan will be working on that next week, just getting them to drag their lazy arses further up their own half. However we needed three points and we got them.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Early strikes against a useful looking Morecambe side,cracker from Hourihane with his right foot if my eyes did not deceive me,Paris got on the end of an excellent low cross from Harvey [i think].Very noticeable how much earlier Argyle were putting the ball into the box and shooting more-in fact,much of the pre match warm up seemed to be concentrated on finishing drills,which was a departure from the methods of the previous management.The age old problem of sitting back on a lead surfaced again and actually continued to the end of the match-Argyle relied on breakaways for their few threatening attacks for the rest of the game,Murray hit the post with a splendid shot fairly late on.Morecambe didn't really have that many clear cut chances,best was a totally free header from 6 yards which the guy managed to mess up to a horrendous degree.Thought Bhas played well,Branston a bit slow at times but good in the air,Nelson had a decent game.Good win and well done to John Sheridan,he will realise though that much needs to be done-a bit of box to box midfield drive and pace wouldn't be amiss and some physicality up front would also be welcome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:26 pm

what is with this roarrr stuff?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
what is with this roarrr stuff?

We're being lions obviously tongue

Roaring the lads on to victory, and it worked. I think it was Murray who crossed for PCH and generally sounded like he had a very good debut. Much more encouraging and it can only get better.

Have to say the Morecambe commentators were absolutely brilliant. If anyone has Player you should click on and listen to them sometime lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Sheridan must kick the 'players' useless f***ing arses all around central park after that disgraceful 'performance'. Good thing is I trust him to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Freathy wrote:
Sheridan must kick the 'players' useless f***ing arses all around central park after that disgraceful 'performance'. Good thing is I trust him to do it.
Its going to take a while to make a team out of the crap he inherited, need another six faces to make an average division four side, but i have faith in shezza cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:42 pm

A win is a win!
Well done boys.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:20 pm

A mostly tedious match lightened only by two good goals from us.

I thought our intent was to defend in depth. We often had ten men in our half and that wasn't that Morecambe were that much better.

PCH was good today. I don't think he got good enough support. I just wished that late on in the game he made it his aim to simply hold onto the ball, maybe head for the corner-flag to run the time down rather than lose it by attempting to take them on single-handed at times. But he was good.

I don't think it was a coincidence that they scored their goal a couple of minutes after Wotton came on. We made a ridiculous clearance but the ball fell to their player where Blanchard would have been covering earlier. It seemed to me that there was uncertainty at that point where Wotton & Blanchard would accommodate each other in their natural position in front of the back four.

I wouldn't select Gilmartin over Cole. The first time I have seen him and I wasn't at all impressed.

Sadly for ATD's Robbie, I thought Bhasera had a very good game and the back four as a whole looked stronger defensively.

Three points!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:27 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

So you post on a rivals forum instead of your own?

Fwiw I agree about the quality of this league. You lot haven't won since nov yet you're 3rd

I post on my own Hans. My reason initially for posting on this forum (check my registration date) is to check on Newell and pay back when the time is right...over time I have got to like most who post on here (the passionate intelligent ones, not those who run scared of the bully and have no backbone).

City were crap at home all season until today but away we have beaten 8 teams, (Gillingham, Port Vale to name but 2). The best team I have seen this season was Morecambe who stuffed us 3 nil at the start of the season. The rest have all been appalling, including ourselves. We have been lucky up until today and now we have Torquay and Rovers away. We will stuff Torquay and probably get turned over against Rovers...that alone will keep us in the hunt for promotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:43 pm

How did Blanchard get on in midfield?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Feeney down injured.

Blanchard has won a couple of aerial balls in midfield but his passing is still poor. Feeney limping off very slowly and is going to be subbed for Harvey.

That doesn't happen much!

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:56 pm

Feeno and Chadwick out for a while...time to pick up points while we can I recks.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:58 pm

Time to give Murry and Griff a go?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR   Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle - Morecambe Match Thread - ROAAARRRRRR
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next