Han Solos Other Ship
Czarcasm
coathypafc
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 am

I put about £15 in the buckets at the time and I am hardly wealthy - rather than have a pasty and a pint, I thought I'd put that towards the unpaid staff as, without them, at the time, there wouldn't have been a game to go to. I am also a pasoti member (although that's not relevent). I would object to my name being on a mural as if you give to charity, it shouldn't be done for any alterior motive.

I would venture that more cash was raised by non-pasoti members. There's probably only about 300 active users on there. Of those, it would be a minority who donated via pasoti. The mural would probably have 100 names on it. Maybe that's the point - rewrite history and create some true heroes.

Praise needs to go to Chris Webb as he instantly rejected the suggestion that he should appear on one.

Some perspective wouldn't go amiss.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:09 am

hairy j wrote:
I put about £15 in the buckets at the time and I am hardly wealthy - rather than have a pasty and a pint, I thought I'd put that towards the unpaid staff as, without them, at the time, there wouldn't have been a game to go to. I am also a pasoti member (although that's not relevent). I would object to my name being on a mural as if you give to charity, it shouldn't be done for any alterior motive.

I would venture that more cash was raised by non-pasoti members. There's probably only about 300 active users on there. Of those, it would be a minority who donated via pasoti. The mural would probably have 100 names on it. Maybe that's the point - rewrite history and create some true heroes.

Praise needs to go to Chris Webb as he instantly rejected the suggestion that he should appear on one.

They'll put him on one despite his 'protests' Rolling Eyes

They'll get defaced and disappear before I'll set foot in there again.
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:12 am

This ignore thing is almost as awesome as me.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:31 am

hairy j wrote:

He initially rejected the Club President gig too.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:43 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
hairy j wrote:

It won't be until Nikkkk and the wannabes insist of course, that the Windsor boys will reluctantly accept recognition for helping turn the club into a joke . Wonder if they'll hold out for the new grandstand ? Rolling Eyes

'The Windsor Boys' Lounge' or 'The Deepthroat Bar'........................
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 1:19 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Newell et al have posted all this for a big troll. They're probably having a very good chuckle.

The boards look better than concrete and the club aren't footing the bill. The actual bill isn't that much considering. You could do the whole ground for a months worth of Nick Chadwick.

Hopefully, the side will start winning soon and all this bollocks will simmer down.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:16 pm

hairy j wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Newell et al have posted all this for a big troll. They're probably having a very good chuckle.

For the most part you're probably correct, some of the suggestions on that thread are just plain ridiculous. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see something PASOTI related going up though.

I don't believe for one minute 'Nikkkk (and his company)' is a wealthy fan gifting the club money (googling him reminded me of the Gardner/Todd regime), there's much more to it. PASOTI, the influential group which has sponsored many players and raised vast sums of money (mainly through one person) can't be bad at all, or so it would appear.
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:48 pm

I would suggest that some of the suggestions on PASOTI are just there to wind some of you lot up......so they have succeeded haven't they.

Just get on with your own lives and they will soon lose interested in playing silly games all the time.

If ATD is to gain it's own identity it's got to be independent of anything that happens on PASOTI.......just get on with building a website that has more of a life than looking over the fence at what they are saying and doing.

It can get very boring for some of us who want to talk football and about PAFC the team that we support.

Murals just cover a bit of boring concrete wall.....and hopefully give thanks for great Argyle players from the past.....anything else is unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Threads do go off topic but it was pretty certain a thread entitled 'New Mural' wasn't discussing 442.
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 pm

ZYPH wrote:
I would suggest that some of the suggestions on PASOTI are just there to wind some of you lot up......so they have succeeded haven't they.

Just get on with your own lives and they will soon lose interested in playing silly games all the time.

If ATD is to gain it's own identity it's got to be independent of anything that happens on PASOTI.......just get on with building a website that has more of a life than looking over the fence at what they are saying and doing.

It can get very boring for some of us who want to talk football and about PAFC the team that we support.

Murals just cover a bit of boring concrete wall.....and hopefully give thanks for great Argyle players from the past.....anything else is unnecessary.

I totally agree.
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Does anyone else think the writting is childish and ruin the mural? still corporate sell outs like webb n newell have a say in their club not the actual fans.

Last edited by Angry of Mayfair on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:41 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Does anyone else think the writting is childish and ruin the mural? still corporate sell outs like webb n newell have a say in their club anymore not the actual fans.

I see where you are coming from but it's all views and opinions. If you had a before and after picture side by side I would vote for the mural.
Back to top Go down
Greengiant

Greengiant

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 7:40 pm

hairy j wrote:

A man who follows Kant's theory of Duty, an act must be commited out of duty and neccessity rather than to gain pleasure or fame! Personally i see no problem with the mural as long as money goes into the club for it.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Bickle and Hore look happy enough about it all.
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 9:59 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I missed this first time around. Apologies Mock but is there a link to this?

Chris seemed to suggest at the time of giving up the Trust leadership that he was burnt out and tired and just wanted to go back to being a fan. (admit no link just memory which is probably playing tricks). I think it was only a matter of weeks until he was priviledged too be given the club presidency,
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:18 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
hairy j wrote:

I missed this first time around. Apologies Mock but is there a link to this?

Chris seemed to suggest at the time of giving up the Trust leadership that he was burnt out and tired and just wanted to go back to being a fan. (admit no link just memory which is probably playing tricks). I think it was only a matter of weeks until he was priviledged too be given the club presidency,

he was offered the pres gig i think he wroye all about it on pasoti with his sorry im feckin off post no less than 12hours after the deal went through.
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Angry of Mayfair wrote:

Does anyone else think the writting is childish and ruin the mural? still corporate sell outs like webb n newell have a say in their club anymore not the actual fans.

I see where you are coming from but it's all views and opinions. If you had a before and after picture side by side I would vote for the mural.

My views on these have been documented enough on here for most to know so i wont repeat them other than to say, im not against them i just find them ugly in terms of design. I also question why real club legends arent being considered for one of theselike jack leslie, bob jack, moses russell jack cock being the four worthy and a few more too of course and only players chris and ian like because their mate is paying. If the fans had a say as to who gets one it would settle better with several.

Also in regards to the new ones they should have kept to the same style writting from the others as in comparison it looks more professional and not amatuer looking.
Back to top Go down
Sturtz

Sturtz

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:10 am

Following the lead of our illustrious neighbours we have employed some Italian bloke to do a mural at sid James.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It gives us endless pleasure.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 12:41 am

Pure class,as always Sturtz.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 8:23 am

One more and we could do a triptych

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
happy christmas by Dougie Dug Dug, on Flickr
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:51 pm

James Brent as baby Jesus is awesome. LOL
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Webb looks as though baby Jesus has filled his nappy.
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 5:26 pm

quality beys, nobber and co are a comedy gold mine jocolor
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Love to see them pics posted on pasoti.
Back to top Go down

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:37 am

The mural of the 3 Hungarian players who where only here for a short time and did what exactly?

you couldnt get more jannar if you tried ian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New mural - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New mural   New mural - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

New mural
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next