+2
cornysteve
Noseyparker
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Noseyparker

Fanfest thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:53 pm

I been registered on here for a few weeks and dip in & dip out of it. One question I do have for anyone who cares to answer

What are people's feelings/thoughts on the fanfest?

I ask cos I do see the odd sarcastic type comment on here sometimes. This is a genuine question and no I'm not pretending to be someone else! Ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 pm

Noseyparker wrote:
I been registered on here for a few weeks and dip in & dip out of it. One question I do have for anyone who cares to answer

What are people's feelings/thoughts on the fanfest?

I ask cos I do see the odd sarcastic type comment on here sometimes. This is a genuine question and no I'm not pretending to be someone else! Ha
albino my feelings on rabbits Sleep
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Eh? (Awaits angry, cynical reply)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:00 pm

i hate rabbits
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 pm

Say what ur thinking in our queens English old chap! Rabbit speak is not my thing
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:07 pm

Last time I posted angry was banging on about rabbits. Explain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:11 pm

You are Dane Bunney. If you are indeed said Bunney then you will disappear as fast as you came and re-appear soon under a new name. If you are not Dane Bunney then you will be assumed to be him for at least another month or so. It is a tradition on ATD that anyone new has to be him for a similar period of time whether true or false. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:15 pm

No idea who Dane bunny is! Genuinely. Would it be impertinent of me to suggest Bobby Williamson was correct in his appraisal of Internet users? Or am I being as cynical as you are? May I apologise for my behaviour in asking a question on this forum
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Now that we have established that my name is neither Dane nor bunny, I wonder if there are any people sensible enough to post something that is related to the topic?

I am sure the straw poll I have conducted, based on said comments is entirely wrong and there are some eloquent "posters" out there somewhere
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:23 pm

Ah! But that's the rub because he always says he isn't himself as well so it never helps to deny it. And the answer to your other question is Yes.

Just accept that you are Mr Bunney for a while and you might last even if you aren't.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:25 pm

As somebody who was a potential wabbit, the greatest testament anybody can give to not being the buck toothed one is to not give a toss what anyone else thinks. Being remotely intelligent and being able to spell, no offense TCM, would also be helpful.

Steve
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:27 pm

On the off-chance you are not a multi bunny, never been to a fan fest. I imagine that it would be alright. Given the entertainment on the pitch for the last few years, any thing would be a highlight when going to Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:31 pm

Each to their own. Not my scene but if you like your music Chas and Dave stylie and count Jason Manford as a comedian then they're probably brilliant.

I do think the idea is good but there's an awful lot of dodgy conversations that have cropped up at a fanfest, usually from the VIP table, and I doubt anyone from ATD would be made to feel particularly welcome.

Tony Hooper vets the content of jokes told at the fanfests. Knock knock jokes are permitted as long as they are accompanied by the relevant sign language for any patrons that are hard of hearing, and any mention of snooping on fellow fans will be met with a bout of the self same hard of hearingness, which Tony has been known to suffer when asked why paedophile jokes are allowed when Tonys in attendance?

I would say fanfests are for the REAL fans REAL friends, and also for networking within the Argyle fans community. Painting a mural here, snooping on fans there, it's amazing how much work can come your way if you're prepared to stab enough backs.

Geddon you janners!
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Well looks like I am caught up in some sort of inter-related initiation ceremony that you would normally find in a small village in Yorkshire! I thank my lucky stars that we are in "cyber-space" as if this was real life I fear I would be covered in feathers whilst being chased by people with dentistry issues carrying torches of fire.

I urge you to carry on this ridiculous ceremony until its conclusion and perhaps after you have satisfied your need to show us "newbies" who are the "bosses" then we can post without fear of being ridiculed.

Now, are there any normal people out there?
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Greenjock, thank you! A post very eloquently put...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:44 pm

It's only because he's pissed at this time of night. Normally he's totally thick.
Back to top Go down
cornysteve

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 pm

Jason Manford, top comedian, sent me some very funny texts. Very Happy

Like you Jock, I like the idea of fan fests. I like that away fans can attend and have to respect the efforts of the taverners in organising them and raising a fair bit of cash from them.

Not really the sort of thing that floats my boat, but wouldn't criticise fans that enjoy them.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 11:48 pm

I've been to 3 or 4 and have enjoyed them all very much. In these "politically correct" days, it is a real breath of fresh air to listen to a bit of harmless and topical humour. Sadly these days life is taken far too seriously by far too many! To pay a fiver for a pint, pasty and entertainment is amazing value for money.

I'd happily just go to the fanfest alone if the footie gets any worse!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:03 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
It's only because he's pissed at this time of night. Normally he's totally thick.

Talking of being thick, where's hairy?

Stone cold sober again I'm afraid. I'm trying lots of different coffees for my new machine though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 12:09 am

I hope it only takes fair trade beans Jock. Dunno he's probably pissed or by now sleeping it off...... Is that hairybunney or a comment on his buttocks?
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 9:58 am

I've been here a few weeks too, who is Dane Bunney exactly?
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:07 am

I am none the wiser Han, perhaps when we have been in the gang long enough we will find out! haha

Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:12 am

Indeed [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:20 am

In the gang? IN THE GANG?

If my records are correct, you haven't even had the initiation ceremony yet. This, amongst other things, will require you to wear a full 'fat-suit', whilst Angry of Mayfair does all manner of unspeakable things to you.

PM Greenjock for further details.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:30 am

haha, i refer to my previous post as noted below....

Well looks like I am caught up in some sort of inter-related initiation ceremony that you would normally find in a small village in Yorkshire! I thank my lucky stars that we are in "cyber-space" as if this was real life I fear I would be covered in feathers whilst being chased by people with dentistry issues carrying torches of fire.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanfest thoughts...   Fanfest thoughts... Empty

Back to top Go down

Fanfest thoughts...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next