seadog
Mapperley, darling
Lord Tisdale
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Franchise vs Wombles Empty
PostSubject: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Dependent on the result tonight the fixture nobody apparently wanted could be good to go, I am certainly considering hauling my arse up to MK to add my vocal support to the cause of keeping football for the fans and out of the grasp of corporate greed.

Yes I know it is far too late for that but AFC Womble, FC United and ECFC for the time being, represent a level of fan involvement which would in my view be a more sustainable way forward for football in this country, I don't want football clubs to be the playthings of the stinking rich thieves who seem to control so much of the world nowadays. Only today Bolton announce that they are £136 million in debt, up over 20 mill in a year, based entirely upon the fact that so many plastics are prepared to shell out their Sky subs to watch Manure, Citeh, Chelski, Arse, Spurs, The Poo and one or two others, do we really think anyone would pay to watch Bolton play Wigan ? Bolton got close to £40 million a year yet still couldn't get by, as a bunch of next to no hope losers they still get £12 million a year while Dagenham struggle on with a total budget of less than £2 million. The playing field needs levelling, big clubs will always gravitate upwards and so they should, big 'real' support should be the shibboleth, the recent success of Swansea is the exception which proves a well run club can still make it, don't forget that on the fateful day that the mighty ECFC slid out of the League it was the Jacks who sneaked out from under, they are very much the exception.

The way Wimbledon FC was stolen was an abomination, I care little for all the arguments about their level of support, if a club is due to die it will die, they never do, someone will keep the name going in the place the club belongs, Aldershot are a perfect case in point where rumours of their demise were very much exaggerated, they dropped down 9 levels before battling their way back to league status over the thick end of twenty years, that is how it should be. Maidstone United, another ex league outfit that overreached have finally returned to the borough this season after an age "on the road", they are averaging 1600 fans at 'home' in the Ryman South, they are the best example of a club which has integrated itself into its community I know, the new ground is full of kids and families while they run literally dozens of age group sides in local leagues.

MK Dongs are the epitome of everything which is wrong with football imho, they stole their status from the fans in SW London, "I would just love it", to quote Kev, if the Wombles were to batter them.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:34 pm

well said
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:38 pm

Not much to argue with there.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Deep.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Good post Lord T. Nothing much to disagree with there. A bit like pissing in the wind, though, as long as the big boys are in charge.

I guess that means Brent's refusal to play sugar-daddy and build a largely financially self-sufficient club something you'd applaud?

Sod off Scummer. (THat's just to keep tcm happy Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Always though Scummers was what Pompey fans called Southampton
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:00 pm

dear me, Wimbledon was NOT stolen.
The club had bugger all fans & would have gone under without the move to MK.
The move to MK was muted in the late 70's by Wimbeldon 'hero' Hamman.

MK Dons are the real Wimbledon, AFC just the 'protest' club set up by a load of tree huggers-where was this support in the second tier???

I recall Wimbledon in the late 80's/early90's were reguarded as 'Millwall on the field' for their 'sharp' antics.

I suppose there are those that regard FC United as the 'real' Manchester United too......

Personally I hope MK Dons hammer AFC.
'They're the real wimbledon, youre not!'
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 pm

knecht wrote:
Good post Lord T. Nothing much to disagree with there. A bit like pissing in the wind, though, as long as the big boys are in charge.

I guess that means Brent's refusal to play sugar-daddy and build a largely financially self-sufficient club something you'd applaud?

Sod off Scummer. (THat's just to keep tcm happy Very Happy )
,,,,,,,,,,,your all heart knect,, cheers
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:34 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Always though Scummers was what Pompey fans called Southampton

It is indeed Pete, as usual we are not original.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:55 pm

theres 1400 page book out at the moment regarding AFC's journey to the league.
ive read some parts its actually an interesting read.

plenty of media coverage already and the game is 2 weeks away, think its going to be a lively encounter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:
MK Dons are the real Wimbledon, AFC just the 'protest' club set up by a load of tree huggers-where was this support in the second tier???

I'm a tree hugger, hence I went up to Wimbledon last season to watch Argyle, stand on their terraces, and give my money to their coffers rather than to Ridsdale. Five of us went, five who refused to pay into the admin charade.
I was happy we won, but happy my money went to a very friendly club ... nice friendly bar provided you didn't wear colours

Franchising is a huge subject. It causes bad enough problems for communities across the Western world as it is, without allowing it into professional community football clubs in this country. The NFL has a few well thought out policies the football league could immitate, franchising is not one of them. Football clubs belong to their towns and cities of origin, not some profiteering businessman. What if the legal "Cornish" pasty was to be moved to Lancashire ? ... why not ship off the Harlyn sand to Cleethorpes ?
Is a football club there to make money for it's owner or entertain the community ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 pm

Lord Aviva wrote:
dear me, Wimbledon was NOT stolen.
The club had bugger all fans & would have gone under without the move to MK.
The move to MK was muted in the late 70's by Wimbeldon 'hero' Hamman.

!'

So, IF Argyle were going bust, with bugger all fans (lets say less than 5000 turning up to the next home game) and the team is moved somewhere close and renamed Exeter Argyle, that would be OK? Would it feck.

MK Dons should have started in the lowest league in the football pyramid in the same way Argyle will have to start again in the Cornwall Tin (pot) League, when Brent stops funding your successes. Wait a minute, Brent hasn't put his hand in his pocket yet.

So Aviva, enjoy your jesters hat
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:58 am

quite simply TRS it was moved to a place where it would attract more fans.
if you have a small number of fans you dont get very far in the modern game - bizarrely wimbledon were the last side to prove this theory wrong. lol!

they will be the LAST team to go up the leagues WITHOUT rich benefactors.

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:22 pm

brilliant end to the game lol!
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm

realy enjoyed that last goal,,,,,,,gota soft spot for the mk,,,,
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 7:33 pm

tcm wrote:
realy enjoyed that last goal,,,,,,,gota soft spot for the mk,,,,

And most of us have a really soft spot for you Mikey, now all we need to do is dig the hole.

Another victory for property development over real football, bit like what you Gaws are going through, except of course for the "real football" bit.

Happy days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Franchise vs Wombles   Franchise vs Wombles Empty

Back to top Go down

Franchise vs Wombles
Page 1 of 1