Czarcasm
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Dougie
Dingle
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Someone berates an LG TV owner, by boasting they have a Plasma. scratch

It's 2012 Hairy, not 2004.

See, this is why Dixons love suckers like you. They'll sell you something NEW with a ton of processing and big bright colours that will look terrible against a plasma screen. The best TVs ever made were Pioneers (plasmas) but they weren't snazzy looking (they were black rectangles that didn't even have speakers) and cheap so they never sold in the high street places. LCDs and LEDs and OLEDs just cannot do blacks properly (LEDs are slightly better) and the refresh rates are slow under all that processing so the image quality is worse. You will get blurring on LCDs that you don't get with plasmas and an LCD just won't do really good blacks as they're far too bright - they look good in shops but in a living room, they don't. I watch a lot of movies and play games so that's why I prefer a plasma. In addition, SD content looks way better on a plasma and we still have mainly SD channels. If you have to have a TV processing a signal (that's what most new TVs try to do), your source isn't going to look native as it was intended.

I'm not boasting, it just upsets me to see LGs in people's living rooms when they could get something way better for the same money. It really, really upsets me. I'd rather have a Samsung than an LG. Come over and I'll turn the lights off, I'll put Saving Private Ryan on or Star Wars or Sin City or 300 and we'll watch it together in the Panasonic True Cinema mode with True HD 5.1 Dolby surround sound and you'll have a lovely time.

I bet Chris Webb owns an LG Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm into photography and HD video, and I need to know how blacks render on all sorts of screens. There are LG screens with HD tuners out there that do a fine job... just need a lot of careful tuning and knowing what you're doing.
Plasma is for gamers... and global warming merchants.
LEDs are where it's at if you can afford a good one. Most people don't care. And snobbery around TV sets is rather amusing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm not sure what make my tv is. I got it from my mum when she went into a nursing home.

It's got an on switch and an off switch. Does that help identify it.

By the way, I bet my willy is bigger than yours and I can also piss higher up a wall.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 pm

knecht wrote:
I'm not sure what make my tv is. I got it from my mum when she went into a nursing home.

By the way, I bet my willy is bigger than yours and I can also piss higher up a wall.

Mine's 42"

I'm just derailing this thread as I thought it was the ATD way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 pm

hairy j wrote:
knecht wrote:

Mine's 42"

I'm just derailing this thread as I thought it was the ATD way.

Have you just confirmed that you're the biggest cock on ATD ? cheers
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:24 pm

For what its worth I had a plasma before LCD and there's not much difference. Unless you're a boring geek of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:19 am

Chingers wrote:
For what its worth I had a plasma before LCD and there's not much difference. Unless you're a boring geek of course.

I think we've established that, although I am the most awesome member of ATD, I am also a boring geek and a cock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:02 pm

A Hairy cock?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:08 pm

Why is everyone standing at their keyboards?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:23 pm

knecht wrote:

5 quid says you can't?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm

You're on. A fiver says I can. And I would charge people a fiver to watch. I hear there's good money in that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm

I reckon Jock would buy a season ticket!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:44 pm

2 Mods, 1 Wall? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 12:49 pm

This could be a new inspiration for the GT's, where's Damon when you need him! clown
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 2:09 pm

hairy j wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Someone berates an LG TV owner, by boasting they have a Plasma. scratch

It's 2012 Hairy, not 2004.

See, this is why Dixons love suckers like you. They'll sell you something NEW with a ton of processing and big bright colours that will look terrible against a plasma screen. The best TVs ever made were Pioneers (plasmas) but they weren't snazzy looking (they were black rectangles that didn't even have speakers) and cheap so they never sold in the high street places. LCDs and LEDs and OLEDs just cannot do blacks properly (LEDs are slightly better) and the refresh rates are slow under all that processing so the image quality is worse. You will get blurring on LCDs that you don't get with plasmas and an LCD just won't do really good blacks as they're far too bright - they look good in shops but in a living room, they don't. I watch a lot of movies and play games so that's why I prefer a plasma. In addition, SD content looks way better on a plasma and we still have mainly SD channels. If you have to have a TV processing a signal (that's what most new TVs try to do), your source isn't going to look native as it was intended.

I'm not boasting, it just upsets me to see LGs in people's living rooms when they could get something way better for the same money. It really, really upsets me. I'd rather have a Samsung than an LG. Come over and I'll turn the lights off, I'll put Saving Private Ryan on or Star Wars or Sin City or 300 and we'll watch it together in the Panasonic True Cinema mode with True HD 5.1 Dolby surround sound and you'll have a lovely time.

I bet Chris Webb owns an LG Wink

With the amount of gaming you do, your Plasma screen is probably already nicely 'burnt-in'. I'm no fan of ghosting so I'll pass on that offer...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Screen burn isn't an issue on Plasmas any more - not like it was. I've yet to get screen burn.

Anyway - who's actually been banned from ATD other than Dane (500 times) and Chris Webb? I'd like to see pepsipete banned as he's from Whitleigh - I once stood on an actual dog turd in the changing rooms at Whitleigh with my bare feet - it was inside the changing room.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:06 pm

hairy j wrote:
Screen burn isn't an issue on Plasmas any more - not like it was. I've yet to get screen burn.

Anyway - who's actually been banned from ATD other than Dane (500 times) and Chris Webb? I'd like to see pepsipete banned as he's from Whitleigh - I once stood on an actual dog turd in the changing rooms at Whitleigh with my bare feet - it was inside the changing room.

Well trained dogs in Whitleigh they only crap in the visitors side of the dog toilet changing rooms
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:17 am

When we played Whitleigh, Honicknowle or Widey we had to get changed with a teacher watching us in case we started fighting with the other team before the match. Someone would have secreted that dog turd about there person and used it as a weapon! Some school pitches were like mine fields for dog turds, I remember down at Oreston slide tackling and keeping on sliding and sliding, then the smell hit me! It must have been an exercise area for over fed St. Bernard's or something, I went and told out teacher and he said, "well don't come near me, you stink,"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 10:35 am

There was always the odd pitch where you had to clear off the occasional cow-pat or sheep's droppings.

When I played for my village team in the Midlands the occasional sheep dropping was acceptable but the field was used once a year for camping . The occasional lost tent peg was not good.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm

GOB wrote:
knecht wrote:

5 quid says you can't?
Has anyone ever tried pissing with a lob-on?

It takes a bit of concentration and exertion, but the distance you can get. What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:16 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
GOB wrote:
knecht wrote:

5 quid says you can't?
Has anyone ever tried pissing with a lob-on?

It takes a bit of concentration and exertion, but the distance you can get. What a Face

Take a bow Mock. Still chuckling about that comment after five minutes. The answer of course is yes I've tried but only because of morning glory and desperation to pee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:13 pm

hairy j wrote:
The best TVs ever made were Pioneers (plasmas) but they weren't snazzy looking (they were black rectangles that didn't even have speakers) and cheap so they never sold in the high street places.

True that.

I got mine for nowt because I went and picked up a techo freak mate's 55 inch Sammy 3Der and fitted it up on the wall for him, the mug just handed his old'un which he had paid the thick end of 3 grand for some years before to me rather than bother to have it hanging around while he ebayed it. It is just superb in every respect, better than the Sammy, better than the super techy 3D LG thingys both my kids have bought, so it uses a bit of leccy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

If you're banned from ATD please stand up
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3