Czarcasm
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Dougie
Dingle
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Dobbie the house elf from Harry Potter was there too
http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/matchdisplays/2012-11-04/2/slides/Argyle%20v%20Dorchester%204-11-12%20139.asp

Peter Hall is a great guy hairy.

He was my choice for club president!

I have no idea who he is. I thought Peter Hall was that theatre bloke that directed a few Harold Pinter plays.

That video The Red Star is amazingly bad - it reminded me of this one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:06 pm

hairy j wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
hairy j wrote:
http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/matchdisplays/2012-11-04/2/slides/Argyle%20v%20Dorchester%204-11-12%20139.asp

I have no idea who he is. I thought Peter Hall was that theatre bloke that directed a few Harold Pinter plays.

That video The Red Star is amazingly bad - it reminded me of this one

That's because we don't have Jamesy Design on here to produce anything better Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 pm

The bit in that video where the alien thing boots the baby is my favourite thing ever on the internet - it's astonishing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 pm

hairy j wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Obviously not - but then Peter's a real gent who doesn't seek the limelight.

Pity you couldn't have taken the time to acknowledge your mistake - after all, you had plenty of time to snipe at somebody else about their choice of television. Strange priorities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Well out of order. Peter Hall is a real supporter before the REAL fans came in and won Npower fan of the year awards. Seeing people like him across the width and breadth ofthe country reminds me why this club is worth a damn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 pm

It's pretty clear that Hairy didn't know who the photo was of, so it was a mistake and insensitive, but come on, we're used to far worse than that on here.

I'm sure Hairy will be apologising as soon as he knows he's ballsed up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 pm

We went through a stage of hiring the exec boxes quite often in the 90's and after the meal a part of the package was a tour of the changing rooms/tunnel etc. Peter always used to do the tours. Lovely bloke. Font of knowledge.

One of the very few who you could say 'bleeds green' and it'd be an apt description.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:37 am

Peggy wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Obviously not - but then Peter's a real gent who doesn't seek the limelight.

Pity you couldn't have taken the time to acknowledge your mistake - after all, you had plenty of time to snipe at somebody else about their choice of television. Strange priorities.

TVs are pretty important to me and I find it offensive that any one would considering an LG as a viable option.

I have no idea who Peter Hall is - genuinely. I've been on Greensonscreen before and nobody gave me a thumbs up - I demand recognition.

Sorry Peter Hall, you aren't Dobbie off Harry Potter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:27 am

Come on guys Hairy was just having a laugh, if it is ok to post photo's os some people on here but not others it needs making clear in the rules. You'll be saying you and Peter are great mates, he has integrity and you have looked into his eyes next.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:50 am

Can I just say, I love my LG TV. I've got Virgin HD + box, four kids and I live in an ex council house in Chingford which proves I'm a lower class, salt of the Earth type. I'll do anything for anyone me. Now, who wants to buy a bike?

Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:18 pm

Chingers wrote:
Can I just say, I love my LG TV. I've got Virgin HD + box, four kids and I live in an ex council house in Chingford which proves I'm a lower class, salt of the Earth type. I'll do anything for anyone me. Now, who wants to buy a bike?

Loving an LG TV is like loving a Primark coat. They're genuinely awful television sets.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Oh no they're not. I'm watching Bananas in pajamas on it right now and its great.
Perhaps you need to tell me what's so wrong with LG TVs Hairy, because it looks great to me. Perhaps you need to also think about cost when raising your points against LG as some of us can't afford or want to spend more than 400 quid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:38 pm

Two grown men arguing about the merits of a certain brand of Television.

Tell you what, chaps, when you get a spare second in your full and fulfilling lives, rearrange the following well-known phrase or saying: Life Get A.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Not arguing Andy. I just don't understand the problem with LG TVs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:

Tell you what, chaps, when you get a spare second in your full and fulfilling lives, rearrange the following well-known phrase or saying: Life Get A.

Get a Panasonic Plasma in your life.

It's the fact that LG don't produce the inky blacks of the far superior Panasonic Plasma range. The Panny's might not have all the silly smart TV gumf but they're proper TVs. Mine was under £400 for a 42" set. It's stunning for gaming and even better for cinema.

I bet Chingers hasn't even got an AV Receiver either - he probably uses the speakers on the TV.... urgh.

Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 pm

You're right. You can't undertand what anyone is saying with surround sound.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:32 pm

What did you say Chingers clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Chingers wrote:
You're right. You can't undertand what anyone is saying with surround sound.

If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 Idiots
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Some might say I'm getting old Hairy.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:00 pm

Someone berates an LG TV owner, by boasting they have a Plasma. scratch

It's 2012 Hairy, not 2004.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:01 pm

hairy j wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

It's the fact that LG don't produce the inky blacks of the far superior Panasonic Plasma range. The Panny's might not have all the silly smart TV gumf but they're proper TVs. Mine was under £400 for a 42" set. It's stunning for gaming and even better for cinema.

I bet Chingers hasn't even got an AV Receiver either - he probably uses the speakers on the TV.... urgh.

Wow I'm impressed Hairy. Can that TV make Argyle win cup games? No?

Oh well it's equal to an LG then in my book Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Yeah but plasma is better for gaming lads. There's nothing better than taking on and beating a 12 year old kid in America on Call of Duty on a 42 inch plasma. He's probably also got a headset so he can "cuss" his opponents mothers.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:12 pm

The bigger picture is, if you're a proper serious gamer, you wouldn't go near a twatty Xbox in the first place. You'd go out and get yourself a pukka Alienware jobby - then realise what you'd been missing all these years!
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
We went through a stage of hiring the exec boxes quite often in the 90's and after the meal a part of the package was a tour of the changing rooms/tunnel etc. Peter always used to do the tours. Lovely bloke. Font of knowledge.

One of the very few who you could say 'bleeds green' and it'd be an apt description.

Just to echo the gist of the above, Peter took a mate of mine, our four boys & I around the stadium a few years back.

To call him 'lovely' is an understatement - he genuinely is an utterly delightful ole boy.

Out of the many stories he told us, two stand out....

The first is that Peter was THE courier of the Santos brown envelope....

The second is that he used to drive trains through the Teign Valley, stopping off at Chudleigh Knighton (I was living there at the time; it fell victim to Dr Beeching years before).

I've one other really sad memory about that day; there were loads of players around that day, but only a couple took the trouble to take time with our young lads.

By some distance, the most charming was Luke McCormick. Luke spent ages with my boys, aged I think 7 & 9 at the time, answering questions & having photos taken with them. He also talked about how much he loved children; I believed him (& still do). He spent so long with them that he was late for a pr appearance.

Some short few weeks later, the two Peak boys, aged 8 & 10, had been killed by his drink-driving.

For some reason, the proximity between the meeting that we had & the subsequent catastrophe has always troubled me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 9:22 pm

hairy j wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Fakall wrong with LG pal clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you're banned from ATD please stand up    If you're banned from ATD please stand up  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If you're banned from ATD please stand up
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next