Freathy
Greenskin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Strange feelings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:30 am

Greenjock wrote:
Feel a bit numb, but more the realisation that we ARE that bad. That amateurish, and to think I was going to go to that shower of shit and spend good money on it.

Seeing PJ and Newell sat together I felt nothing but contempt for them.

How's the search for a chairman going James?

Were they really. Did they show that on the TV? Would have been enough to make anyone reach for the remote.

With the President putting 20 to 30 hours per week into Argyle and IjN being able to have a word or two in the shell like of the owner and directors you would expect the REAL fans viewpoint to be well represented. One can only guess at what they are saying on behalf of the fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:02 am

Dougie wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Feel a bit numb, but more the realisation that we ARE that bad. That amateurish, and to think I was going to go to that shower of shit and spend good money on it.

Seeing PJ and Newell sat together I felt nothing but contempt for them.

How's the search for a chairman going James?

Were they really. Did they show that on the TV? Would have been enough to make anyone reach for the remote.

With the President putting 20 to 30 hours per week into Argyle and IjN being able to have a word or two in the shell like of the owner and directors you would expect the REAL fans viewpoint to be well represented. One can only guess at what they are saying on behalf of the fans.

Yup Mr Newell suited and booted, like a good associate director or whatever the feck his title is should be, sat next to Peter Jones no doubt trying to identify which two players short of a good team we are.

Seeing that on a big screen was nauseating but I suppose someone has to drive James home.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:10 am

Question for the Gasboard to ask the board is what exactly in IjN's position with the club. Is it ceremonial? Is it a big thankyou? Is it official? All in the cause of openess and transparency.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 am

I know this won't make you feel any better but IMHO a defeat is better for you than a 2nd round tie. Losing brings you closer to removing the losers involved with Argyle at present. A win would have only given some false hope.

Your Club has been infested by low lifes and non entities....you still have further to fall before action is taken and the blood letting takes place...or maybe a full blood tranfusion is needed.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 am

The Red Star wrote:
I know this won't make you feel any better but IMHO a defeat is better for you than a 2nd round tie. Losing brings you closer to removing the losers involved with Argyle at present. A win would have only given some false hope.

Your Club has been infested by low lifes and non entities....you still have further to fall before action is taken and the blood letting takes place...or maybe a full blood tranfusion is needed.

Thanks Red. You too have known the score for a long time.

There must be something in the water down at Argiggle Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:25 am

Dougie wrote:
Question for the Gasboard to ask the board is what exactly in IjN's position with the club. Is it ceremonial? Is it a big thankyou? Is it official? All in the cause of openess and transparency.

I think the associate director rumour is a ruse to get a reaction from us. If it is genuine why has it not been made public? What is Brent worried about?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:47 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Dougie wrote:

I think the associate director rumour is a ruse to get a reaction from us. If it is genuine why has it not been made public? What is Brent worried about?

He is in the box every game. Jones sits next to him. Why else would he be there ?

It's all part of the deal struck between Brent and the Chuckle Brothers. Help me get the club, pay off my debts and you will be rewarded.
Trouble is, knowing nothing about football clubs, Brent probably thought they could control and inspire the Avivas. They can, to a degree but thank god the majority of potential supporters are not so stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 am

Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Dougie wrote:

He is in the box every game. Jones sits next to him. Why else would he be there ?

It's all part of the deal struck between Brent and the Chuckle Brothers. Help me get the club, pay off my debts and you will be rewarded.
Trouble is, knowing nothing about football clubs, Brent probably thought they could control and inspire the Avivas. They can, to a degree but thank god the majority of potential supporters are not so stupid.

And that is why ATD was born and why it continues to grow.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:04 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Dougie wrote:

I agree. Any position in an official capacity would have almost certainly been made public by the club.

He has purely gained favour with one or two, and I think the point has been reached now where it's just accepted (by Brent, Jones etc) that he gets a directors box invite each game - probably via Webb. The most feasible explanation behind that, would be him being told to withdraw completely from Pasoti etc. or risk having his invite taken away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Dougie wrote:

I agree. Any position in an official capacity would have almost certainly been made public by the club.

He has purely gained favour with one or two, and I think the point has been reached now where it's just accepted (by Brent, Jones etc) that he gets a directors box invite each game - probably via Webb. The most feasible explanation behind that, would be him being told to withdraw completely from Pasoti etc. or risk having his invite taken away.

That sounds most likely. It must be galling to have an invite and not be able to gloat about it though lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:22 pm

I have read nool saying that he is invited into the directors box as a guest of JB.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 pm

I wasn't quite sure which thread this comment belonged on, but this looks as good a place as any. I just wanted to draw people's attention to a quite excellent post on pasoti from John Petrie. He's found a nail, and hit it squarely on the head. I hope he doesn't mind me reproducing his post in full here, but it really is worthy of a wider audience than it gets on pasoti. he's talking about the fans' reaction to the Dorchester defeat:

Quote :
It is not the reaction to losing one game, it's the reaction to seeing Plymouth Argyle 18th in the basement division in spite of having a budget which is competitive with the top half teams in this league.

It's the reaction to this budget being squandered on mediocre footballers, some of whom are lucky to be playing in the professional game.

It is the reaction to seeing the glaring holes in our squad being ignored in the summer and then patched up with loan signings who will miss most of December, a month in which we play a fair few games.

It is the reaction to seeing the same mistakes repeated over and over again.

It is the reaction to not having a clause in a manager's contract to state that bringing on Warren Feeney when you are losing is a sackable offence.

It is the reaction of supporters who have suffered for years starting to lose all faith in a management team with no experience of coaching let alone management.

It is the reaction of utter despair at seeing our club humiliated on television by part-timers. They deserved that victory, they worked hard for that victory and only a couple of our players came out with any credit at all. Well done Berry and Bhas!

It is the reaction of a fan base that has had enough.

If Fletcher wants to be a manager then he needs to be honest with himself about his failings and ask for help from people experienced enough to help him learn and help our club move forward. If he won't do that then enough is enough.

People who are far more positive than I, and I have always been labelled a green tint on here in the past, have had enough. To not understand our frustrations is insulting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:38 pm

So even after all of the games he's played which have divided the fanbase he is invited in as a guest of the owner.

Brent is a member of Pasoti according to Pedlar.

I guess Newell didn't send Brent the PM where he was trying to undermine two members of the trust recently then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
How peculiar - i feel identical. Totally devoid of emotion

I'm somewhere in between.

I do care and defeat is depressing but it dissolves pretty quickly these days because I just expect it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
I wasn't quite sure which thread this comment belonged on, but this looks as good a place as any. I just wanted to draw people's attention to a quite excellent post on pasoti from John Petrie. He's found a nail, and hit it squarely on the head. I hope he doesn't mind me reproducing his post in full here, but it really is worthy of a wider audience than it gets on pasoti. he's talking about the fans' reaction to the Dorchester defeat:

Quote :
It is not the reaction to losing one game, it's the reaction to seeing Plymouth Argyle 18th in the basement division in spite of having a budget which is competitive with the top half teams in this league.

It's the reaction to this budget being squandered on mediocre footballers, some of whom are lucky to be playing in the professional game.

It is the reaction to seeing the glaring holes in our squad being ignored in the summer and then patched up with loan signings who will miss most of December, a month in which we play a fair few games.

It is the reaction to seeing the same mistakes repeated over and over again.

It is the reaction to not having a clause in a manager's contract to state that bringing on Warren Feeney when you are losing is a sackable offence.

It is the reaction of supporters who have suffered for years starting to lose all faith in a management team with no experience of coaching let alone management.

It is the reaction of utter despair at seeing our club humiliated on television by part-timers. They deserved that victory, they worked hard for that victory and only a couple of our players came out with any credit at all. Well done Berry and Bhas!

It is the reaction of a fan base that has had enough.

If Fletcher wants to be a manager then he needs to be honest with himself about his failings and ask for help from people experienced enough to help him learn and help our club move forward. If he won't do that then enough is enough.

People who are far more positive than I, and I have always been labelled a green tint on here in the past, have had enough. To not understand our frustrations is insulting.

It's almost word for word what I think, without the cnuts, wankers, fucktards and assholes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange feelings   Strange feelings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange feelings
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2