+2
Czarcasm
Tgwu
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GreenSam

TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread)   TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Penzance wrote:
So, we're not good enough, then.
Hardly a surprise. I feel sorry for the players. It sounds as if something has improved from the depths of last season, but the records show when we were playing the bottom teams recently, under strength teams, and lower league friendlies, we're a winning team, and when we play anything like an average full strength L2 team, we struggle and invariably lose out.

Not much more to be said really, apart from Lowry's first real appearance striking out one of the seaon long excuses for not doing it on the pitch. So much for the cavalry.

The thing is Fletch is getting us playing Brazil-esque football and while it looks lovely and get's Newell moist on twitter it won't get us out of this divison.

Luggy got us up playing ugly but very effective football.
Then again Swindon got out of this league playing beautiful football to name just one.

The problems are plentyfold, but attempts to play decent football aren't imo one of them. There didn't sound like much tippy tapp football going on today, just dire fare. Against Barnet and apparently Rochdale, we played great football. Admittedly we played good football and lost on Tuesday but by and large it's more successful for us this season than when it's ugly.

His main mistake was wasting the budget so as we didn't have good enough players to turn it into goals, as perhaps not enough physicality to compliment (not replace) passing football.

Edit- agree with your post too Greenskin. Sides can do well at any style if they're competent enough to implement it properly. We're not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread)   TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:49 pm

I agree there Greenskin. Entertaining football is not necessarily passing football... I'm bored rigid with the classic European style tippy tappy 5-a-side triangles that dominate the premiership more and more.
There were times under Sturrock's league winners when the flow of the game was just as exciting and entertaining as Shilton's or Waiter's obvious footballing teams.

You play to your strengths, and while I would be very happy for Argyle to play like Brighton the last time they were down here, it ain't going to happen with the players we've got.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread)   TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 am

GreenSam wrote:

His main mistake was wasting the budget so as we didn't have good enough players to turn it into goals, as perhaps not enough physicality to compliment (not replace) passing football.

I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread)   TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread) - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:17 am

GreenSam wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Penzance wrote:
So, we're not good enough, then.
Hardly a surprise. I feel sorry for the players. It sounds as if something has improved from the depths of last season, but the records show when we were playing the bottom teams recently, under strength teams, and lower league friendlies, we're a winning team, and when we play anything like an average full strength L2 team, we struggle and invariably lose out.

Not much more to be said really, apart from Lowry's first real appearance striking out one of the seaon long excuses for not doing it on the pitch. So much for the cavalry.

The thing is Fletch is getting us playing Brazil-esque football and while it looks lovely and get's Newell moist on twitter it won't get us out of this divison.

Luggy got us up playing ugly but very effective football.
Then again Swindon got out of this league playing beautiful football to name just one.

The problems are plentyfold, but attempts to play decent football aren't imo one of them. There didn't sound like much tippy tapp football going on today, just dire fare. Against Barnet and apparently Rochdale, we played great football. Admittedly we played good football and lost on Tuesday but by and large it's more successful for us this season than when it's ugly.

Edit- agree with your post too Greenskin. Sides can do well at any style if they're competent enough to implement it properly. We're not.

Playing like Brazil........can I remind you that Brazil.... in the FIFA world rankings are.........14th.........whilst crappy England are.......5th.

I've got a cunning idea.....why don't we try and score one more goal than the opposition each week.....by jove that might do it.....and not to bring on Feeney or Chadwick when you've got Rhys Griffiths and Lennox on the bench sitting on their hands trying to stay warm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread)   TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

TODAY TEAM (Rotherham Match Thread)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2