Go down 
+3
Greenskin
Chemical Ali
seadog
7 posters
AuthorMessage

No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 12:59 pm

Another mahoooooosive game. On current form, it should be an Argyle win. There's a big away following (1250!) so the atmosphere should be outstanding. A win would more or less dump Hereford out of the league, and go a heck of a long way to preserving our Football League status. COYG!!!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:09 pm

no time or place for mercy, put the wankers to the sword! COYG
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Don't let us down (again). Give 100% and let's have another clean sheet.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Argyle team-

Cole

Berry
Purse
Blanchard
Williams

Macdonald
Walton
Wotton
Hemmings

Feaney
Chadwick

Subs-
Ro
Fletcher S.
Bhasera
Hourihane
Young
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:52 pm

Feeney replaces injured Tsoumou, attacking line up for argyle with Macdonald and Hemmings on the wings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:56 pm

I don't mind that team, but if Chadwick looks injured/tired again, get him off early instead of waiting until 5 minutes from the end.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:26 pm

1-1 It'll do.Need to fpllow up with a home win on Monday but edging closer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:42 pm

We're dragging it out agonisingly. Should've scored 3 today before they got into the game. Now the players will be nervous at home on Monday again. Can't see it being anything other than the usual scrappy dross and we can't afford to lose. We should be relatively safe now but our last 4 games aren't going to be easy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:55 pm

No problem for Monday Jock. I forecast 2-0 on the thead. See WHU are firing on all cylinders!!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:13 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

No problem for Monday Jock. I forecast 2-0 on the thead. See WHU are firing on all cylinders!!

Merv Plummer

Dirty great hoofers! What would Moore, Hurst and Peters have said if Big Sam told them to play his way lol. They should still go up but I could honestly see them changing manager rather than have Allardyce hoofing it in the Premier League. Bit like Warnock with QPR, you want a manager to get you back into the Premier League, but they're not fashionable so get sacked. I hope QPR go down for sacking Warnock so quickly, he did amazingly well to get them into the Premiership in such a short space of time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:36 pm

A point is not a bad result, however I am dreading the 3 biggies we have coming up, we could definitely get sucked back in if we are not careful, what a gutter with Chadders missing an easy shot Shocked and Walts missing a pen affraid nothing less than 3 points on Monday please to ease my nerves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 7:23 pm

Greenjock wrote:
pafcineurope wrote:

Merv Plummer

Dirty great hoofers! What would Moore, Hurst and Peters have said if Big Sam told them to play his way lol. They should still go up but I could honestly see them changing manager rather than have Allardyce hoofing it in the Premier League. Bit like Warnock with QPR, you want a manager to get you back into the Premier League, but they're not fashionable so get sacked. I hope QPR go down for sacking Warnock so quickly, he did amazingly well to get them into the Premiership in such a short space of time.

Jock, they (WHU) played well today. Learnt from last week's spanking. Anyway for Argo it's almost "do or die" on Monday. Feel confident we can do it.

Merv P.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:20 pm

A draw today was not good enough but it was all our pathetic remnants of a 'team' could manage. A loss on Monday will see us effectively ejected from the football league as the games after that are unwinnable.

Trust in brent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Maccs losing 0-1 into 2nd half.

Cobblers winning 1-0 ditto.

Merv P.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:00 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Maccs losing 0-1 into 2nd half.

Cobblers winning 1-0 ditto.

Merv P.

Those results should see Northampton safe. We should be okay as long as the Macc lads don't stage a comeback. Looked at the stats and it's a close game.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:28 am

All the brent and fletcher lovers who were gleefully shrieking "Northampton changing their manager didn't do much good" after Boothroyds dodgy start at the Cobblers have now been silenced.

And watch Northampton go next season.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Freathy wrote:
All the brent and fletcher lovers who were gleefully shrieking "Northampton changing their manager didn't do much good" after Boothroyds dodgy start at the Cobblers have now been silenced.

Didn't Macclesfield change their manager as well and watch them go in the BSP next season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:11 pm

gasser9 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Didn't Macclesfield change their manager as well and watch them go in the BSP next season.

Macclesfield sacked their under performing manager on March 18th, a week after Hereford United sacked theirs. Bit late for a new manager to make any impression and both were acts of desperation.

Northampton appointed Aidy Boothroyd as their manager at the end of November 2011, and Bristol Rovers appointed Mark McGhee as manager in January. This gave both clubs plenty of time for the changes to have an affect. Which they both have. Neither of these two clubs will go down.

We look like staying up now, unless the Home Park jitters set in on Monday and we bottle it, leaving a tense last 4 games.

Unfortunately in my opinion, Carl Fletcher will still be our manager at the start of next season, and then how long do we give the man with the enviable squad and enviable wages to play with, to show that he is the great saviour being portrayed by some, because we now have two worse teams than us in the bottom division of the entire Football League?

James Brent is impressed with Fletcher, Chris Webb was singing his praises to me the other day, and a large percentage of Pasoti users will vote for him to be given freedom of the city when we stay up, despite a similar percentage calling for his head every other game.

I hope Brent does the ruthless thing and says thanks for all you've done Carl, but I want to appoint a new manager, but if you can prove your fitness, we will offer you a month by month playing contract, just in case your knees are as dodgy as you have made out.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 2:39 pm

gasser9 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I'll watch Macclesfield in the BSP when they play us

fletcher out!
brent out!
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:17 pm

Freathy wrote:
A draw today was not good enough but it was all our pathetic remnants of a 'team' could manage. A loss on Monday will see us effectively ejected from the football league as the games after that are unwinnable.

Trust in brent

Disagree with that Freathy looking at remaining games

IF Hereford lose thier next two games, they are gone, theres no way they will turn around a 5 point gap against Crawley,Northampton and Torquay.

Macclesfield's form is also terrible, and they have tough games against Crewe,Port Vale and Southend also Bradford and Burton are not pushovers and with thier form of 1 win since December i think they are gone aswell.

I think were safe without winning another game. Although 1 win or 3 points should see us thorugh for deffinate. Look at the Stats they are there for everyone to see.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Greenjock wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Macclesfield sacked their under performing manager on March 18th, a week after Hereford United sacked theirs. Bit late for a new manager to make any impression and both were acts of desperation.

Northampton appointed Aidy Boothroyd as their manager at the end of November 2011, and Bristol Rovers appointed Mark McGhee as manager in January. This gave both clubs plenty of time for the changes to have an affect. Which they both have. Neither of these two clubs will go down.

We look like staying up now, unless the Home Park jitters set in on Monday and we bottle it, leaving a tense last 4 games.

Unfortunately in my opinion, Carl Fletcher will still be our manager at the start of next season, and then how long do we give the man with the enviable squad and enviable wages to play with, to show that he is the great saviour being portrayed by some, because we now have two worse teams than us in the bottom division of the entire Football League?

James Brent is impressed with Fletcher, Chris Webb was singing his praises to me the other day, and a large percentage of Pasoti users will vote for him to be given freedom of the city when we stay up, despite a similar percentage calling for his head every other game.

I hope Brent does the ruthless thing and says thanks for all you've done Carl, but I want to appoint a new manager, but if you can prove your fitness, we will offer you a month by month playing contract, just in case your knees are as dodgy as you have made out.

I will be very surprised if Fletcher is still manager next season, I personally think with was the most affordable option at the time, and Brent was crossing his fingers that the team would get out of it. I predict big changes in the summer on both the playing and management side of things.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:26 pm

I think the announcement of the review of Fletcher's position is partly to put Fletch on the back foot. His wage is far too excessive so Brent needs the upper hand in contract negotiations (and reductions). Will anyone take Fletcher on as a player, coach or manager- very unlikely. I'm sure Fletcher will be manager next season but on a reduced contract.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 6:13 pm

125+1 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
gasser9 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I will be very surprised if Fletcher is still manager next season, I personally think with was the most affordable option at the time, and Brent was crossing his fingers that the team would get out of it. I predict big changes in the summer on both the playing and management side of things.

So why has Brent publicly praised Fletcher and risked our football league status with this clearly limited, slow thinking and tongue tied footballer ?

Someone like O'Driscoll or Boothroyd was the obvious choice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:10 am

Add Gary Johnson, Ronnie Moore and Paul Buckle to that list Tring.

If Brent does do the right thing by Argyle and gets shot of Fletcher the calibre of out of work seasoned lower league managers is diminishing rapidly. We will be struggling to find someone with decent pedigree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread   No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

No Bull Today - It's the Richard Blight Hereford Match Thread
Page 1 of 1