Czarcasm
Mr President
7 posters
AuthorMessage

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes that is me at the front, and yes I do wear denim jackets so don't dig Razz

And that is greengenes a few rows up from me on the right.

But on topic, I doubted forza verde at first but the atmosphere in the devonport end is much improved, and the noise is non stop. Onwards and Upwards.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:33 pm

Cobi

It was always going to be a slow process with FV but I take a lot of heart from the positive comments from yourself and many others.

I am totally convinced that by this time next season the Devonport will be electric. We have lots of displays and events planned next season already.

Charlie is signed up as drummer all season and Jim Westlake (gent that stands at front geeing fans up) has agreed to perform that role all season as well.

Add on top of this the passion of the new committee and I am sure that we will create something to be proud of. ST sales in this area of the ground have been fantastic......get in there quickly!

Chris
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Yes, getting the crowd there to up the noise has been a success. Those young people will be the future supporters of the club. And some of them will become the grumpy old'uns of the future.

Credi where credit's due.

How would you feel if the current campaign against the Trust is equally successful? Or do you think there is substance to the attacks?
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:42 pm

Great photo Cobi, I wonder who took it? Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Mr President wrote:
Cobi

It was always going to be a slow process with FV but I take a lot of heart from the positive comments from yourself and many others.

I am totally convinced that by this time next season the Devonport will be electric. We have lots of displays and events planned next season already.

Charlie is signed up as drummer all season and Jim Westlake (gent that stands at front geeing fans up) has agreed to perform that role all season as well.

Add on top of this the passion of the new committee and I am sure that we will create something to be proud of. ST sales in this area of the ground have been fantastic......get in there quickly!

Chris

And to hell with all the supporters who've been in there for ten years, who are now unable to watch the match from the place and in the way they choose, and who'll be voting with their feet next season, eh?

Thought you wanted to be a president for all the supporters?
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:45 pm

Greater love has no (person) than s/he give up his/her seat for his/her club. Smile
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:58 pm

knecht wrote:
Greater love has no (person) than s/he give up his/her seat for his/her club. Smile

You've got me Knecht - that's 2 lol! in one day... king
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Mr President wrote:
Cobi

Chris

I can barely contain myself.

Any idea at what point in the coming years the noise level from the Demport will actually be audible to the away fans? Y'know, thus almost generating a proper stadium atmosphere?

Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:28 pm

That could easily be Zoo Corner...just as vocal if not more vocal...but they dont want you to see that...they want you to see FV 1886.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Peggy wrote:
Mr President wrote:
Cobi

Chris

And to hell with all the supporters who've been in there for ten years, who are now unable to watch the match from the place and in the way they choose, and who'll be voting with their feet next season, eh?

I think you will find Peggy, that they don't give a flying fig!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:34 pm

MOG...Peggy did mention this to James Brent at the recent ATD meeting.Whether anything comes of it who knows?
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks for that Cobi, nice jacket bounce
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:54 am

A good way to generate a better atmosphere is by winning football matches.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:14 am

You have to give it to the boy for trying but in my experience all the best and lasting crowd participations in this country, occur naturally.
Zoo Corner being a prime example.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptyFri May 11, 2012 1:11 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Peggy wrote:
Mr President wrote:
Cobi

Chris

I think you will find Peggy, that they don't give a flying fig!

Surely you must mean 'flying big flag'?! lol!
Back to top Go down
Herts_Green

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:21 am

I'd love to know what the obsession with zoo corner is. I sit in block 10 in the lyndhurst and could never hear any noise coming from zoo corner. I don't think the atmosphere generated from that area was anything like as good as some of you are making out. The atmosphere in the second half of the season has been the best it has been for years. Forza verde are doing a great job in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:32 am

It was always pretty noisy in blocks 17 and 18 when I was in there. You could never hear the Demport singing then either. Mind you the stewards don't seem to like any atmosphere at Home Park and do their best to make everyone sit down and keep quiet. It's pretty difficult to create much atmosphere when you're sat down!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:32 am

Herts_Green wrote:
I'd love to know what the obsession with zoo corner is. I sit in block 10 in the lyndhurst and could never hear any noise coming from zoo corner. I don't think the atmosphere generated from that area was anything like as good as some of you are making out. The atmosphere in the second half of the season has been the best it has been for years. Forza verde are doing a great job in my opinion.

Welcome . Do you live in Hertfordshire, if so where ?
Back to top Go down
Herts_Green

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:37 am

Tringreen wrote:
Herts_Green wrote:

Thanks. I live near Stevenage (lucky me!).
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptySat May 12, 2012 3:51 pm

Greenjock wrote:
It was always pretty noisy in blocks 17 and 18 when I was in there. You could never hear the Demport singing then either. Mind you the stewards don't seem to like any atmosphere at Home Park and do their best to make everyone sit down and keep quiet. It's pretty difficult to create much atmosphere when you're sat down!

It always sounds louder when you are apart of the singing.
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:10 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

That's strangely profound. Smile
Back to top Go down

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptySat May 12, 2012 4:19 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I thought for a moment you said it always sounds better when you're part of the singing! I was going to say you haven't heard my singing lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Herts_Green wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Herts_Green wrote:

Thanks. I live near Stevenage (lucky me!).

Ooooohh! Suspect

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

devonport crowd  Empty
PostSubject: Re: devonport crowd    devonport crowd  Empty

Back to top Go down

devonport crowd
Page 1 of 1