Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  Empty
PostSubject: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:48 pm

When Ridsdale came here almost a year ago, he remarked how astonished he was at how the eye had been taken off the football.

Well, almost one year later, and as acting chairman, can anyone see any change in that ? ... I can't.
Tell the truth Pete, you're more interested in continuing the financial wishes of those that employed you, and earning a good wedge at the expense of the FOOTBALL.
You get out what you put in, Pete... you're a disgrace and your plan has been a FOOTBALL disgrace.
With the FOOTBALL disappearing without a trace, I'm now highly optimistic that if you get the green light, you can be starved out sooner rather than later ... highly optimistic king

I'm off now to meet up with my returning friends who thought they would reluctantly give the game a go. They can't say I didn't warn them. Looking forward to discussing the League all time record low points tally for a season.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:07 pm

It was a featured game on 5 live, there was Gardener all to be mentioned apart from all the chances missed by Crewe. "Plymouth created nothing"
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Like every other match this season I didn't even consider going as we don't have a proper team. Ridsdale, Heaney and 'BIL' don't give a flying f*** about the football. That's not what they're here for. The best option for Argyle would have been liquidation and then starting again in the 8th/9th tier. I'm now convinced that with this route we'd be a league club again way sooner than we will after we've plummeted down through the non-league structure under Heaney and ridsdale.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
When Ridsdale came here almost a year ago, he remarked how astonished he was at how the eye had been taken off the football.

Well, almost one year later, and as acting chairman, can anyone see any change in that ? ... I can't.
Tell the truth Pete, you're more interested in continuing the financial wishes of those that employed you, and earning a good wedge at the expense of the FOOTBALL.
You get out what you put in, Pete... you're a disgrace and your plan has been a FOOTBALL disgrace.
With the FOOTBALL disappearing without a trace, I'm now highly optimistic that if you get the green light, you can be starved out sooner rather than later ... highly optimistic king

I'm off now to meet up with my returning friends who thought they would reluctantly give the game a go. They can't say I didn't warn them. Looking forward to discussing the League all time record low points tally for a season.

It's crunch time for me now.I vowed not to attend today [as so often in the past] but succumbed to the temptation in the end [also as so often in the past].It has been obvious this season, but never more so than today [in spite of posts which call for the managers head as a panacea on another thread], that the team needs an urgent introduction of at least four players who are up to the demands of this division before any hope of staying in the league can be countenanced.Ridsdale has stated this week that "the priority now switches to getting things right on the park".Time then for action,Mr.R. If the team has not been strengthened significantly by the time of the next home game,then i will not be at Home Park to watch it,it's simply not worth the money or the effort.As you say PP,Ridsdale has stated in the past and very recently,that football should take priority over all other matters at HP.Am i optimistic that this will prove to be the case? No.But we shall see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:58 am

It wont be long before some are calling Ridsdale a "legend" for saving the club. Obviously being 92nd out of 92 clubs counts as being saved, but hey ho.

An Exeter fan on Pasoti thinks that the Trust would have done the same sort of job had they taken over in January (without taking 20k a month wage). I tend to agree. Clubs don't go bust in admin. I know they can......but they don't. Guilfoyle says that this has been a very complicated deal, but this is because HE never looked for a viable option and let Ridsdale do the work for him.

Asking Ridsdale to sort out your debt problems was akin to asking Harold Shipman to sort out an NHS waiting list.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:40 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
It wont be long before some are calling Ridsdale a "legend" for saving the club. Obviously being 92nd out of 92 clubs counts as being saved, but hey ho.

An Exeter fan on Pasoti thinks that the Trust would have done the same sort of job had they taken over in January (without taking 20k a month wage). I tend to agree. Clubs don't go bust in admin. I know they can......but they don't. Guilfoyle says that this has been a very complicated deal, but this is because HE never looked for a viable option and let Ridsdale do the work for him.

Asking Ridsdale to sort out your debt problems was akin to asking Harold Shipman to sort out an NHS waiting list.

lol! I hear Napoleon has a headache.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:51 am

Greenskin wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:

It's crunch time for me now.I vowed not to attend today [as so often in the past] but succumbed to the temptation in the end [also as so often in the past].It has been obvious this season, but never more so than today [in spite of posts which call for the managers head as a panacea on another thread], that the team needs an urgent introduction of at least four players who are up to the demands of this division before any hope of staying in the league can be countenanced.Ridsdale has stated this week that "the priority now switches to getting things right on the park".Time then for action,Mr.R. If the team has not been strengthened significantly by the time of the next home game,then i will not be at Home Park to watch it,it's simply not worth the money or the effort.As you say PP,Ridsdale has stated in the past and very recently,that football should take priority over all other matters at HP.Am i optimistic that this will prove to be the case? No.But we shall see.

Welcome to the "Stay-Away" club GS, there's plenty of us and we're growing in number. All we need is to recognise that the "stay-away" club exist and to give it a title and then there will be powers to be had!

Pity the Trust didn't think of it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:27 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Of course he wasn't brought to sort out the debt problems, at least not the clubs. It was clearly Stapleton saying 'the club is insolvent but Gardener that, we don't want to be held financially responsible'.

In terms of what he was brought in to do, I reckon he's done rather well.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:32 pm

The rumblings against Ridsdale appear to be growing:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And Andy Symons has an interesting take on how Ridsdale saw off the "vigil"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:41 pm

Yes Frank, it'll be leaving the pasoti trust with a dilemma if as it seems the fans continue the anti Ridsdale agenda.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Sad to say, I think it's all a bit late Frank. Just wait until Ridsdale turns his gaze and bullshit onto the fans themselves.
As expected, the 'vigil' was easily turned into a "Ridsdale saves club" fest.
I have met Andy outside of football matters, and he is one of the good guys on Pasoti, but for reasons outside of football.

However, I have to say, I feel his sudden attack on Ridsdale may well have more to do with standing for election to the Trust, and staking his claim as an anti Ridsdale candidate. Ever since his introduction to the fan fest/bucket thing, he's become one of the gang, gently nudging everyone along, singing the song ... a perfect member for Pasoti Trust and their band of pencil sharpeners with a mandate, who will be shortly rubber stamping every Ridsdale decision in the name of you and me..
Ten PASOTITE bucket rattlers for eight places on Pasoti Trust ... sounds like something out of Saddam's Baghdad.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
The rumblings against Ridsdale appear to be growing:

Pasoti have just woken up to the fact that the Riddler isn't working for nothing. Unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:26 pm

Of course hes working for nothing,he has Plymouth at his heart.He is a real (unt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core    Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core  Empty

Back to top Go down

Remind me what Ridsdale said about keeping FOOTBALL at the core
Page 1 of 1