akagreengull
Charlie Wood
Freathy
Mock Cuncher
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:58 am

Penzance wrote:
hairy j wrote:

This is the first time in years that we've been closer to the play-offs than we are to the bottom two.

jocolor That has to be the best yet, Hairy.... you must have searched high and low for that one. God bless statisticians everywhere. Very Happy

I looked at the league table on the BBC website and I know that six is one more than five. I think that's a step in the right direction. If we'd have lost yesterday, we'd have been eight points off the play-offs and three points off the bottom two. That is a positive. I hate being in this league and I think we could be a decent mid table Championship side but we are in League 2.

I'm confident we won't be anywhere near the bottom two by Xmas.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 am

Dougie wrote:
Enjoyable day at the office. Great support from the usual round up of London and it's environs. No FV faux support. Nice to give Stack some proper football banter stick. Game was very much of beating a poor poor poor Barnet side. Someone has given Gullieri a kick up the back side or he's playing himself into some form. Seems disingenuous to say strikers looked weak when we've scored four but I still don't think they were that bright today. Hard to say if back four as found form as they were rarely troubled but Barnet did waltz (I'm watching Strictly right now) through them for the goal.

Inconstitency appears to be our downfall obviously better than against Wimbledon but strangely not as accomplished as when we were average against Wycombe.

You are our London correspondent. Much more The Guardian than The Sun and you report what you see. I'm grateful

Like others, my reservations about Fletcher remain. However, if we win all our remaining games 4-1 I'll (happily) be the first at the humble pie stall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 12:42 pm

[quote="Freathy"]
Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I don't see anyone cracking one off, but just happy to have won.

Do I think Fletcher is God all of a sudden? No. Would I rather we won today than be dragged right into the shit? Yes.

Simples Very Happy

Simple indeed, yet some find it difficult. If we're crap, I'll call it as such - last week against Wimbledon being a case in point. But if we have a decent away win by a 3 goal margin, who in their right mind would be negative about it? It's easy to say Freathy's being ironic, or is a sophisticated WUM. All I see is a bitter man (and he's not the only one) who revels in failure. It's a mentality I'll never understand or appreciate, not as long as my arse points south.

And as for being 'happy clappy' because I'm glad we won. Sheesh, that takes narrowminded to new extremes, but that's SS68 for you, I suppose.

FFS it goes without saying I'm ecstatic we got 3 points which is 3 points closer to maintaining league status. But by most accounts the opposition yesterday was barely BS South standard. What is depressing is we are quite possibly facing being expelled from the FL partly becuase of the abject uselessness of by far the worst 'manager' Argyle has ever suffered under. And one win against utter shit oposition and suddely he's the new Special One with newly found tactical genius he has so far never demonstrated and who must now never be doubted. It was great to see the scoreline becuase that's something we haven't seen in years but I want carl the clueless IMMEDIATELY sacked. It's our only hope of this not being the season from hell.

FLETCHER OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11[/quote Freathy you don't have to explain yourself to knee jerkin wankers like symons, but thats andy i suppose lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 12:46 pm

[quote="Sufferedsince68"]
Freathy wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I don't see anyone cracking one off, but just happy to have won.

Do I think Fletcher is God all of a sudden? No. Would I rather we won today than be dragged right into the shit? Yes.

Simples Very Happy

Simple indeed, yet some find it difficult. If we're crap, I'll call it as such - last week against Wimbledon being a case in point. But if we have a decent away win by a 3 goal margin, who in their right mind would be negative about it? It's easy to say Freathy's being ironic, or is a sophisticated WUM. All I see is a bitter man (and he's not the only one) who revels in failure. It's a mentality I'll never understand or appreciate, not as long as my arse points south.

And as for being 'happy clappy' because I'm glad we won. Sheesh, that takes narrowminded to new extremes, but that's SS68 for you, I suppose.

FFS it goes without saying I'm ecstatic we got 3 points which is 3 points closer to maintaining league status. But by most accounts the opposition yesterday was barely BS South standard. What is depressing is we are quite possibly facing being expelled from the FL partly becuase of the abject uselessness of by far the worst 'manager' Argyle has ever suffered under. And one win against utter shit oposition and suddely he's the new Special One with newly found tactical genius he has so far never demonstrated and who must now never be doubted. It was great to see the scoreline becuase that's something we haven't seen in years but I want carl the clueless IMMEDIATELY sacked. It's our only hope of this not being the season from hell.

FLETCHER OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11[/quote Freathy you don't have to explain yourself to knee jerkin wankers like symons, but thats andy i suppose lol!

Amen to all of this cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 pm

Excellent result,but it should have been expected.

If only the home form was as half as good.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 2:29 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
rubbish, barnet were awful. youve had too much ale sam.

fletcher got out of jail - early 2nd half goal for us gave us the points.

any side with half reasonable wide players & half reasonable central midfielders would have hammered us.

2/7 barnet to go down - get 500 on that better than any return at the bank!

and yes the avvivas loved it.

jocolor

Just a question have you availed yourself of £500 at 2/7 on Barnet to go down.
It's a stick on isn't it?

What about Argyle 16/1 to be promoted??
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 3:13 pm

We were very good & Barnet were very poor.

Need to kick on from here! All about consistancy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Just back*.

Fletcher's tactical genius led to our win yesterday. He changed the course of the match - maybe of history. We were excellent. All but one of the goals were scored by Fletcher's signing or a player he has brought on. Most of the goals in the last few games were from his men. They are a team and a manager for the future. We are going to rise up the leagues and find ourselves in our rightful position looking down on the likes of Manure, Man C, Chelski, Exeter. Viva Verde!

*(From dropping my daughter off at the station)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:47 pm

There are some real cnuts on this site who enjoy Argyle failing. We had a rare win yesterday, let fans enjoy it. Its clear the club needs to make changes, but if we go down we're even more fecked.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Womble wrote:
There are some real cnuts on this site who enjoy Argyle failing. We had a rare win yesterday, let fans enjoy it. Its clear the club needs to make changes, but if we go down we're even more fecked.

This post makes no sense whatsoever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Freathy wrote:
Womble wrote:

This post makes no sense whatsoever
xjfnbgos fdokbgsdn eemg a rgjoisa gojs lregmps tfs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Please be warned, Womble, the moderators on here have access to the latest hi-tec translation sites. Take this as a warning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Knecht, I pressed random buttons! But if you want to run the programs to find a backwards message to satan please be my guest!

Smile

As a technophobe I have no access to any wierd and wonderful translation software.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 pm

It was the reference to Satan that was most objectionable. As this is a site devoted to God's eternal message, it was most inappropriate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

My apologies my christian borther. May I be forgiven for this trespess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:39 pm

We forgive those who trethpath againth uth.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Hello we have a love in! affraid

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm

I just don't get this "We should be beating these teams FFS" type quote. What on earth gives any set of fans the idea that there is some god given right over others? The history books of football scores is littered with results that go against this attitude. Every single club starts the season on zero with the same amount of matches to play as everyone else. Logically therefore every club has the same opportunity to either succeed or fail. Results throughout a season will look weird given respective positions at that time. There can only be 3 up in this league out of 24 teams and 2 down. The rest who are not one of those will be nowhere in the melting pot of fame or infamy. There is a world of difference in wanting promotion which most supporters wish for and expecting it out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:49 am

We apparently have a competitive budget, well above average attendance figures with a potential only equalled by Bradford in this division , a large squad, yet we sit in 18th position and are supposed to believe in Fletch, after an away win at by far the worst side in the country ?
The bloke is thick, plain and simple. The players will win a few games at this level despite him, not because of him.

Rejoice and look how far we've come !

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:18 am

gasser9 wrote:
GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
rubbish, barnet were awful. youve had too much ale sam.

fletcher got out of jail - early 2nd half goal for us gave us the points.

any side with half reasonable wide players & half reasonable central midfielders would have hammered us.

2/7 barnet to go down - get 500 on that better than any return at the bank!

and yes the avvivas loved it.

jocolor

Just a question have you availed yourself of £500 at 2/7 on Barnet to go down.
It's a stick on isn't it?

What about Argyle 16/1 to be promoted??

no gasser i havent, bit skint at mo.
maybe best to wait a week or so, if by some miracle they win the price will head closer to even money.

i do wonder if with davids taking over they tried to play football lol!
but sadly for them they arent that kind of side.

it was a decent game but whilst i was GLAD we won, i wont be getting carried away & am fully expectant that rochdale will turn us over on saturday Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:49 am

Confidence not skill can win games in this division, if the team can get a string of wins together then it could get interesting. At the moment my money is on us gaining a sting of defeats but only because of a culture in the club that seems to be becoming more amateur than amateur.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 pm

Tringreen wrote:
We apparently have a competitive budget, well above average attendance figures with a potential only equalled by Bradford in this division , a large squad, yet we sit in 18th position and are supposed to believe in Fletch, after an away win at by far the worst side in the country ?
The bloke is thick, plain and simple. The players will win a few games at this level despite him, not because of him.

Rotherham are averaging more than us at the moment. Port Vale and Gillingham are both getting 5-6,000 and if Gillingham keep up their form, I'd imagine they'll attract more than that over the next few months.

I'm not sure if you listened to the game but Oster came on for Barnet and started running the game so Gurreiri was introduced to man mark him and Oster then disappeared. I'm not a fan of Fletcher at all but credit where it's due. We've had two wins in a row and if we start getting batches of two/three wins in a row and carry on drawing games as we did last season and this, we should be looking upwards rather than downwards.

I still don't see Fletcher as a long term manager.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 4:57 pm

hairy j wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Rotherham are averaging more than us at the moment. Port Vale and Gillingham are both getting 5-6,000 and if Gillingham keep up their form, I'd imagine they'll attract more than that over the next few months.

I'm not sure if you listened to the game but Oster came on for Barnet and started running the game so Gurreiri was introduced to man mark him and Oster then disappeared. I'm not a fan of Fletcher at all but credit where it's due. We've had two wins in a row and if we start getting batches of two/three wins in a row and carry on drawing games as we did last season and this, we should be looking upwards rather than downwards.

I still don't see Fletcher as a long term manager.

What do you think Argyle's gates would be if results had been the same as Gillingham's? A good deal higher and power to add a lot more,i would surmise.Or does it depend on the number of ships in Devonport at any given time? lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:00 pm

We have no ships anymore Greenskin. If we were in Gillingham's position we would be averaging at least another 2000 if not more. It's the rubbish Janner fans not the Navy to blame. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 5:02 pm

I'd suggest Rovrum's are high because they've got a new ground & have actually invested in their squad. Their first coupla home fixtures they got over 11k, but that's already sunk to 7k and it's only mid-October. Wouldn't surprise me if it levels out even further if results remain pretty average come Feb.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next