akagreengull
Charlie Wood
Freathy
Mock Cuncher
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Consistency would be good now. Not this Jekyll and Hyde team we've had for a year now.

A 4-1 away win can't be moaned at. We actually managed to play well for most of the match too.

Brilliant turn out by the Argyle fans as well. Almost doubled Barnet's usual gate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Credit where credit is due,i'd certainly have been baying for his blood had we lost today and i'm still far from convinced that he's the long term answer but that was an emphatic reply today and good on him.Rochdale next week,promises to be stiff test and we'll see if Argyle can start to show some semblance of consistency.Great win today though,notwithstanding the quality of the opposition.

Says it for me really. cheers jocolor geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Credit where credit is due,i'd certainly have been baying for his blood had we lost today and i'm still far from convinced that he's the long term answer but that was an emphatic reply today and good on him.Rochdale next week,promises to be stiff test and we'll see if Argyle can start to show some semblance of consistency.Great win today though,notwithstanding the quality of the opposition.

I could have wrote that, word for word.

It does make me laugh though when Argyle manage a win, and the same old faces sign on to try and get smug at Freathy's expense - it'd be different if he gave a shit! Very Happy

Indeed. One wonders whether he does give a shit. At least Penz is articulate.

The difference is though that when Argyle play badly even the most optimistic Argyle fan here gives them some stick when its due. When Argyle win Suffered Since 68 and Freathy can't even come up with a kind word amongst them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:14 pm

One day someone will spot the irony of Freathy's comments, add a little soh and a hint of a wind up and bingo!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:19 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Could there actually be a team worse than Argyle? It that even possible?

Could there be a more negative Argyle fan than you ?

Just checked Guinness Book of Cracked Records - there isn't - you win hands down .

Why do you only come on here when we win? See you in about a month then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:21 pm

You're asking a lot there Gob. That might be beyond some folk Laughing

Healthy extended families need extended views.

Long live the one trick pony. We're not all utility players.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:42 pm

Not convinced at all by this ..and to everyone else...dont be deceived, cracking one off over beating dogshit like Barnet is one thing, another thing when we come up against anything half decent we capitulate...time will tell and we will see who is right..as usual.
No doubt the green taverners had a roaring good day out along with Zee Zan and the rest of the jolly green muppets.

Fletcher OUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Freathy wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Could there actually be a team worse than Argyle? It that even possible?

Could there be a more negative Argyle fan than you ?

Just checked Guinness Book of Cracked Records - there isn't - you win hands down .

Why do you only come on here when we win? See you in about a month then.
lol! There you go being optamistic again freathy cheers
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:03 pm

Enjoyable day at the office. Great support from the usual round up of London and it's environs. No FV faux support. Nice to give Stack some proper football banter stick. Game was very much of beating a poor poor poor Barnet side. Someone has given Gullieri a kick up the back side or he's playing himself into some form. Seems disingenuous to say strikers looked weak when we've scored four but I still don't think they were that bright today. Hard to say if back four as found form as they were rarely troubled but Barnet did waltz (I'm watching Strictly right now) through them for the goal.

Inconstitency appears to be our downfall obviously better than against Wimbledon but strangely not as accomplished as when we were average against Wycombe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:10 pm

GOB wrote:
One day someone will spot the irony of Freathy's comments, add a little soh and a hint of a wind up and bingo!

aaaahhhh, the irony. If he's been going this long and still people are someway off getting it then maybe he's wasting his time. Its also not inconsiderable time seeing as he is currently posting at 2 posts a day for 17 months............and some of those (not many I grant thee) were winning weekends.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:12 pm

A good description I can get my head around, Dougie.... thanks.
Very happy Stack got a bit. For all his well known unsettling influence, he has never cut it at first team level ... always the reserve .... a football snob if ever there was one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:43 pm

I don't see anyone cracking one off, but just happy to have won.

Do I think Fletcher is God all of a sudden? No. Would I rather we won today than be dragged right into the shit? Yes.

Simples Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:47 pm

I'm finding it difficult to follow you Jock.
A couple of weeks ago, you were all for Argyle losing a game if it meant Fletcher losing his job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Penzance wrote:
I'm finding it difficult to follow you Jock.
A couple of weeks ago, you were all for Argyle losing a game if it meant Fletcher losing his job.

I think I said that if you guaranteed me Fletcher got the sack if we lost that day, I could live with us losing to get rid of him.

That still doesn't stop me wanting us to win. I support Argyle. Now we have a run of difficult games and I think this is where Fletcher should be judged. If we win 4 or 5 of the next 7 games I doubt if Fletcher will get the boot. My ideal scenario this season is we get promoted. I don't care who's managing us. Now do I think we will get promoted this season under Fletcher? Not while I've got a hole in my ass.

I just don't get why a few people seem pissed off when we've won 4-1? If it was well known that Brent had given Fletcher an ultimatum over today's result I would have taken a defeat if it meant the back of Fletcher. If Fletcher is as crap as I think he is, we won't be winning many of the next 7 games and I would think that's enough to get him the boot.

What I absolutely don't want is us to be relegated, which is the feeling I got from a few people last season. I didn't think Fletcher would keep us up, but he did. Whether it was down to him or Deehan I don't know. What I don't want is another relegation scrap all season with the possibilty of going down to the Conference, where I think it would take a while for us to get back into the league.

I hate being in this shit league with crap teams like Barnet, but we are. I still want us to get out of it by going upwards and not down though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Do I think Fletcher is God all of a sudden? No. Would I rather we won today than be dragged right into the shit? Yes.

Simples Very Happy

Simple indeed, yet some find it difficult. If we're crap, I'll call it as such - last week against Wimbledon being a case in point. But if we have a decent away win by a 3 goal margin, who in their right mind would be negative about it? It's easy to say Freathy's being ironic, or is a sophisticated WUM. All I see is a bitter man (and he's not the only one) who revels in failure. It's a mentality I'll never understand or appreciate, not as long as my arse points south.

And as for being 'happy clappy' because I'm glad we won. Sheesh, that takes narrowminded to new extremes, but that's SS68 for you, I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Nick Wall wrote:
GOB wrote:

aaaahhhh, the irony. If he's been going this long and still people are someway off getting it then maybe he's wasting his time. Its also not inconsiderable time seeing as he is currently posting at 2 posts a day for 17 months............and some of those (not many I grant thee) were winning weekends.

You're still not getting it Nick, think of it as a defence system, if you predict something negative then when something negative happens at least there's the feel good factor of having predicted it that slightly offsets the actual negative occurrence.

If you want something factually correct that is really depressing, then it's the fact that Freathy's negative predictions for many a year have by and large been proved to be correct, what does that tell you about a club when you can predict something negative and be proved right time and time again. Now that's depressing.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:38 pm

I was at the game. Barnet were really, really poor. Beyond poor. Their number 30 centre back gave about the worst performance I've ever seen a pro footballer give.

But, we made convincing work of what was in front of us and scored 4 despite Griffiths and Lennox fluffing one on ones and several other lesser chances missed. Overall, an excellent performance with the only minor quibble if I were to be harsh that we perhaps could have been more clinical and got more than four. The chance creation was superb.

There are two ways of looking at it really- Barnet look like they could quite possibly be about to set the record for the lowest ever points total in a 46 game season. 3 points from 12 games so far. Even we had 5 from 12 games last season. At least whatever happens we're better than them. We perhaps shouldn't get too carried away with this win. On the other hand, we did play some great high tempo attacking stuff with an excellent end product. Sure we can only beat what's put in front of us but we beat them, and with panache.

I really enjoyed that performance and in isolation from the rest of the season it'd have had me brimming with confidence. We've still got to prove that we won't come unstuck against a team with a bit of canniness about them. It would take a win against Rochdale to bein to convince me that the season was really starting to look noticeably brighter.

However a few points worth noting. No Argyle fan could have found that performance anything but an enjoyable experience. However bad Barnet are, not everyone beats them 4-1 at home. Also Fletcher, for whatever faults he has(and he certainly has them, this game doesn't change that) read the game brilliantly with his half-time sub. He saw Barnet were showing signs of starting to flood the midfield, he brought on another midfielder in Gurreri to counter it and the affect was visible. A 4-1 win away from home really is a good result in anyone's book.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:49 pm

rubbish, barnet were awful. youve had too much ale sam.

fletcher got out of jail - early 2nd half goal for us gave us the points.

any side with half reasonable wide players & half reasonable central midfielders would have hammered us.

2/7 barnet to go down - get 500 on that better than any return at the bank!

and yes the avvivas loved it.

jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 11:10 pm

I didn't go today and didn't even listen to the commentary due to family things but I have read several reports from people who did. One is Greensam and another from a bloke who isn't an Argyle supporter but goes to Barnet from time to time when his team isn't playing. He also saw us last season at Barnet when we lost.

Now Greensam says it was quite reasonable as the scoreline suggests. Says Barnet were however "beyond poor". The other bloke on another website said Argyle were quite decent today although again that Barnet were poor. However he also said that we were much better than last season and have much better players. Commented on Fletcher as he stood behind the away dugout. Said he was well up for it and tactically made changes when it was needed. Was quite impressed with him as opposed to unimpressed last season comparing him with Reid.

There is then GregCampbell's opinion that everyone who thought today was ok was just a happy clappy. Seems slightly at odds with the other two opinions so which one is the right one? I would just remind that we weren't playing somebody else today just the ones at Barnet so any opinion of what might have happened is a bit mute really and irrelevent if it were somebody else. On balance I think I'll just be happy with the 3 points and the opinion of a neutral.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:45 am

I had two mates at the game yesterday, they both said we played well. I am with a couple of the others on here, I don't think Fletch is the man for us but, I am delighted with the win, I do not want another shit fight at the wrong end of the table. I will be happy to say I was wrong about Fletch, the time to do that isn't here yet.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 8:52 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Simples Very Happy

Simple indeed, yet some find it difficult. If we're crap, I'll call it as such - last week against Wimbledon being a case in point. But if we have a decent away win by a 3 goal margin, who in their right mind would be negative about it? It's easy to say Freathy's being ironic, or is a sophisticated WUM. All I see is a bitter man (and he's not the only one) who revels in failure. It's a mentality I'll never understand or appreciate, not as long as my arse points south.

And as for being 'happy clappy' because I'm glad we won. Sheesh, that takes narrowminded to new extremes, but that's SS68 for you, I suppose.

FFS it goes without saying I'm ecstatic we got 3 points which is 3 points closer to maintaining league status. But by most accounts the opposition yesterday was barely BS South standard. What is depressing is we are quite possibly facing being expelled from the FL partly becuase of the abject uselessness of by far the worst 'manager' Argyle has ever suffered under. And one win against utter shit oposition and suddely he's the new Special One with newly found tactical genius he has so far never demonstrated and who must now never be doubted. It was great to see the scoreline becuase that's something we haven't seen in years but I want carl the clueless IMMEDIATELY sacked. It's our only hope of this not being the season from hell.

FLETCHER OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:01 am

Freathy, if this is you when you're ecstatic, I'd hate to be around you when you're a bit cheesed off.

And how can the Manager be 'clueless' if he's just delivered an away win by a score we haven't seen in years? I can see the contradictions in what you post. Why can't you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:33 am

I listened to it and Oster came on as a sub when Collins John was injured. Barnet seemed to get back into it and Oster started running the midfield. Gurreiri was introduced to mark Oster and it worked - we went on to score two more and Oster vanished from the game.

We had less possession but looking at the stats, we were all over them and it was a convincing win. We really need to back that win up with another against Rochdale.

This is the first time in years that we've been closer to the play-offs than we are to the bottom two. Our goal difference is -1 (that's not too shabby considering what we had last year and the year before and the year before and the year before). Griffiths got another goal and Paris Cowan-Hall scored a brilliant header so that's a bonus too as we've not had strikers who score since Bradley Wright-Phillips left. There's a lot to be positive about but I have a nagging feeling it'll be back to normal at 6pm next Saturday. We need a home (league) win.

It was nice listening to Radio Devon without Sparksey's usual jibberish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:49 am

hairy j wrote:

This is the first time in years that we've been closer to the play-offs than we are to the bottom two.

jocolor That has to be the best yet, Hairy.... you must have searched high and low for that one. God bless statisticians everywhere. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:57 am

Andy_Symons wrote:

And how can the Manager be 'clueless' if he's just delivered an away win by a score we haven't seen in years? I can see the contradictions in what you post. Why can't you?

The opposition was incredibly shit, probably by far the worst we've faced. Look at fletchers record. The next 8 games will see us near the bottom with barnet and you fletcher lovers will be calling for him to be sacked too. Or at least you should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread   Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnet vs Argyle - Match Thread
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next