akagreengull
lawnmowerman
Mapperley, darling
fridgey
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Fletcher: stay or go.
Stay
Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 Vote_lcap14%Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 9 ]
Go
Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 Vote_lcap86%Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 86% [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 65

AuthorMessage

Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher: stay or go.   Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Worse things have happened Iggy, but careful what you wish for. We might end up with a pair of puppets volunteering to give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher: stay or go.   Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:21 pm

Penzance wrote:
It all depends on what deals were done at administration exit, and how much those deals impinge on the playing budget. That WOULD be Brent's responsibility, as it is his decision to keep Fletcher or no.
Apart from that it would be daft to blame Brent who doesn't know a free kick from a penalty. It's all down to Fletcher. It is now his team, and he has had plenty of chances to bring in his own men under this 'competitive' budget. He must have shares in Bupa.
It's a fair point about the deals affecting the playing budget, but I just don't think they are. Not a great deal anyway.

We've had 30 pro players on our books this season (more than most in League 2), not to mention the team of coaches and otherwise football staff who are (as no more than a guess) probably among the highest paid on aggregate sets of coaching staff in the league. The more signings that are made in any given space of time henceforth means the more agent fees and signing on fees. Some of them won't come cheap either, I'd bet Blanchard, Wotton, Lowry, possibly Chadwick, possibly Cole, possibly Gilmartin, possibly Williams, Purse and Bhasera are commanding decent 4 figure sums per week, certainly the latter two. All of the small scattered sums for young players and loan contributions will be small by themselves but are bound to build up and up

I don't think there can be many teams in this league spending more than us on football. I think we do have a competitive budget and the notion of Brent as a penny pincher, despite the understandable idea that he should have done more for the staff, doesn't ring true when it comes to football budgets. I think the problem is Fletcher has spent too much of it on players he won't play, players who can't play due to injury, and players who aren't very good at playing when he could have signed less players but who are more fit and possess more quality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher: stay or go.   Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 4:28 pm

You won't have any arguments from me. Fletcher's aquisition policy has been a disaster on many fronts. After he witnessed first hand how Sturrock casually signed a bigger squad than some attendances in this league, I'm appalled he has such a big squad of below par performers. I don't think he could have done worse if he had tried. Brent probably thinks having so many mouths to feed is par for the course in football, and half of them haven't even got a league to play in....pointless ... just like Saturday, and next Saturday when we're big in Barnet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher: stay or go.   Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:39 pm

i just want to say that im not changing my mind like a woman picking shoes i still want Fletcher to go!

unless he can actually bring about a good run of results and im not including 6 1-1 draws and 1 win in 8.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher: stay or go.   Fletcher: stay or go. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher: stay or go.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3