Dougie
Grovehill
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Staff Repayments - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:45 pm

I can confirm that members of staff who were made redundant and approached the GTs for help were not turned away. I do not know how many approached us but we helped them the same way as we hekped the staff who remained.

Yes, I am really saying that people pay £5 for a pasty, pint and entertainment at the fanfest and would rather go home to listen to Sparksy than pay £20 to watch what was served up today. I am one of them, though not by choice. Since splitting with my wife I have my son on a Saturday and he really cant stand going to watch Argyle. But others chose to go home at 2.30,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Thanks Damon. As Nick says that is a sad state of affairs and I cannot believe how many people still have faith in what is happening at Argyle.

Something needs to be done before crowds drop to 5000 or below. It's happened in the past and I'm damned sure that if this dross is what is served up continues, it won't be long until it happens again.

Probably a good job that so many "memberships" were sold which get counted whether the people actually bother attending the match.

I was so sure I would be taking my little un to watch Argyle in the next couple of years and getting him hooked but I honestly can't see it happening now.

Maybe one day we'll wake up and it's all be a bad dream Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks again Damon. Not of course casting the negative fan badge at people who need to be with their families -frankly your son seems wise beyond his years Very Happy

My old school/DJM mates use the fixtures as our dates to meet up. Often we've been in hostelries way up North having a great time and the football has frankly got in the way.

Never heard of home fans being at HP and not watching the game though. Worrying times. Let's hope JB notices his "customers" are choosing to walk away when they're so close.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:07 am

Can't see the gate on Tuesday hitting 3000 to be honest, even with reduced prices and an early start. Muggins here will be there, and on Barnet on Saturday (i have 1 weekend a month free). So far this season i have seen 3 games, 2 wins and a draw so maybe I need to attend more.

It is a sad state of affairs. On the pitch caused IMHO by a lack of an experienced football professional anywhere - rookie chairman, rookie chief exec, rookie manager and rookie coaching staff. If Mr Brent bought a hotel he would ensure ecperienced hotel management ran it. Off the pitch Mr Brent always stated that he wouldnt pump money in. He told the truth and cant be castigated for that, but he has to realise that tje only thing that will get the Plymouth public through the gates is a winning football team. Nothing else matters. All other problems seem to go away when the team is winning. We wont be winning many matches with the current set up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:11 am

Seems a fair "brief synopsis" to me.

Any chance of passing this up the line when the next cheque goes in to millionaire James Brent?

Enjoy Tuesday...Smile
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:14 am

He knows my feelings!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 7:27 am

crikey - listen to sparksy rather than watch the game affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
He knows my feelings!

Thanks for your posts Damon, it's nice to get an insight into how you feel.

If somebody like you decides to go home instead of watching the football then something really is wrong at the club, but Brent won't listen. Instead he'll believe the likes of Newell and Webb who kiss his arse and whisper sweet nothings into his ear telling him the fans are happy with this work in progress.

I would love to know your feelings on the whole Pasoti/Newell/Webb/Murials/Forza Verde but I guess that wouldn't be right to discuss in public lol!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:32 am

To be fair Messrs Newell and Webb were pretty damning of the performance on Twitter yesterday evening. I have had my disagreements with both of them in the past but like myself and every other person who puts their head above the parapet they are there to be shot at.

Many on this site hate the auctions, hate the fanfests, hate forza verde but the fanfests have up to 300 fans attending, forza verde is working to attract a younger generation and the auctions have raised.many thousands of pounds which has gone to help the football club. Whether or not fans should be propping up the club is a different argument and one which i have great sympathy for.

The murals? An irrelevance in the grand scheme of things, a bit of paint brightening up a slab of grey concrete, no more, no less. I feel that Pasoti really has become an extension of the club and that has allowed.ATD to become more popular with the more middle of the road supporters who used to use Pasoti.

James.Brent always said he was the.buyer of last resort. As such he got the club for pennies, has invested pennies and will make a.fortune from it. Unlike me he is a praaper business man. I was lucky, i served on a board of the club when we had continued success, constant improvement and in the main a fanbase that was content. Brent has inherited a complete mess. Problem is we cant see him doing anything to improve it. We need football experience at the helm right now. Bring in a proper football chief exec, or a director of football or an experienced manager but PLEASE do something to stop the rot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:37 am

My post was more tongue in cheek than anything serious but thanks anyway lol!

The rot started when our best players were sold under Holloway and has continued since. Holloways letter that was on Pasoti proved to be true.

Did you ever think when you were on the board that in 10 years we'd be back where we started with one eye firmly on the Blue Square?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:07 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
To be fair Messrs Newell and Webb were pretty damning of the performance on Twitter yesterday evening. I have had my disagreements with both of them in the past but like myself and every other person who puts their head above the parapet they are there to be shot at.

Many on this site hate the auctions, hate the fanfests, hate forza verde but the fanfests have up to 300 fans attending, forza verde is working to attract a younger generation and the auctions have raised.many thousands of pounds which has gone to help the football club. Whether or not fans should be propping up the club is a different argument and one which i have great sympathy for.

The murals? An irrelevance in the grand scheme of things, a bit of paint brightening up a slab of grey concrete, no more, no less. I feel that Pasoti really has become an extension of the club and that has allowed.ATD to become more popular with the more middle of the road supporters who used to use Pasoti.

James.Brent always said he was the.buyer of last resort. As such he got the club for pennies, has invested pennies and will make a.fortune from it. Unlike me he is a praaper business man. I was lucky, i served on a board of the club when we had continued success, constant improvement and in the main a fanbase that was content. Brent has inherited a complete mess. Problem is we cant see him doing anything to improve it. We need football experience at the helm right now. Bring in a proper football chief exec, or a director of football or an experienced manager but PLEASE do something to stop the rot.

And Mr Newell sent a pm with a white feather symbolizing cowardice to a lifelong fan who is extremely ill just because he shouted change the manager and named Chris Webb's son in a post.

I've seen plenty of posts in this site and Pasoti where children have been named, sometimes by Newell himself. That act alone is disgusting and Ian Newell tarnishes the good name of the green taverners.

Ian Newell, friend of the owner and president who raises money for charity so is forgiven for his obnoxious and downright evil behavior online. A man who calls people slags, whores and paedophiles but plays the victim.

He's nothing more than vermin and the longer he's associated with this club the longer it will suffer and be viewed as a little jolly for a select few fans who helped James Brent acquire some prime real estate and future money making contracts from the city council.

A man heavily involved in the cowardly attacks on the Argyle Fans Trust because he didn't like one of the board members who mingles with these people on matchdays like some kind of friend when all along he has been the driving force behind deepthroat where he gave friends access to a Pasoti account specifically used for cowardly anonymously attacks, along with the other gems dogger, Windsor boy, deadly nightshade and all the others.

A man who James Brent is proud to call a friend? Who can get a person he dislikes taken off the matchday programme by clicking his fingers, a man who is best mates with the club president and who seems to be able to have information like who the pi hired to track me down was and share that info, yet still sit next to the man he accuses like old buddies.

Something is very wrong with Ian Newell and his power at the club but because he sells a few shirts to a wealthy businessman in dramatic fashion on Pasoti, who would donate the money anyway, he is lauded as a bloody saint and carries on walking around home park like he owns the place.

I'm sure he was really critical on twatter, not. Everythings rosey in Newells garden so he's free to send pm's calling someone w coward because he has the backing of the corrupt Pasoti mods who turn a blind eye to his behaviour.

Ian Newell is a fat, disgusting leech who is at the heart of everything that's wrong at Argyle, and he's probably next in line for a mural. Might need a bigger wall though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:10 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Can't see the gate on Tuesday hitting 3000 to be honest, even with reduced prices and an early start. Muggins here will be there, and on Barnet on Saturday (i have 1 weekend a month free). So far this season i have seen 3 games, 2 wins and a draw so maybe I need to attend more.

It is a sad state of affairs. On the pitch caused IMHO by a lack of an experienced football professional anywhere - rookie chairman, rookie chief exec, rookie manager and rookie coaching staff. If Mr Brent bought a hotel he would ensure ecperienced hotel management ran it. Off the pitch Mr Brent always stated that he wouldnt pump money in. He told the truth and cant be castigated for that, but he has to realise that tje only thing that will get the Plymouth public through the gates is a winning football team. Nothing else matters. All other problems seem to go away when the team is winning. We wont be winning many matches with the current set up.

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:10 am

I was going to post this morning, after reflection, about my deep disillusion with my football club and find that Damon has actually pretty much said it all.

We have an owner who doesn't REALLY care about the future of the football club, there's no reason he should, but that's not what the supporters would wish for. A naive vision of self sustaining football goverance as some kind of moral high ground crusade just won't work when you're starting right at the bottom. He's devolved responsibility to a rag tag variety of characters, who whilst more than competent in their own spheres don't seem to bring anything cohesive to the successful running of a football team.

This whole ethos allows incompetency to flourish, protected by the grand vision. I struggle to see how that's right.

The hoopla around the trivialities is only evidenced as they are perceived to be a part of this new Argyle and so become a target for the real dissatisfaction.

There's no reason to criticise the fanfests, not my bag, but they please a goodly number of supporters, live and let live. The FV is an easier target as it impacts in the ground, on the match. There's not many older supporters who would think an atmosphere can be manufactured, we know how football matches work FFS. Murals, an odd priority but I can't see they do any harm unless they truly divide a large section of the fanbase. Personally I think they're inappropriate at this stage of our history.

After yesterday something dramatic is going to have to happen before I venture back through the doors of HP. There is no pleasure, no entertainment just a continuing hurt. I'm foolish to pay good money for that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 am

A campaign to drive brent from the club is what's desparately needed. Brent stays PAFC dies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 am

I shall stop 'amen'ing (it is Sunday after all) but such a lot of sense in these recent posts!
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:31 am

Yea Man wrote:

The rot started when our best players were sold under Holloway and has continued since. Holloways letter that was on Pasoti proved to be true.

Did you ever think when you were on the board that in 10 years we'd be back where we started with one eye firmly on the Blue Square?
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:34 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

I resigned in August 2007. In November 2007, LESS THAN 5YEARS AGO we were in the Championship play off places. No one could have foreseen such a heartbreaking decline.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 am

Many on this site hate the auctions, hate the fanfests, hate forza verde but the fanfests have up to 300 fans attending, forza verde is working to attract a younger generation and the auctions have raised.many thousands of pounds which has gone to help the football club. Whether or not fans should be propping up the club is a different argument and one which i have great sympathy for. - I really don't think you're right on this one Damon although I understand why many of us using this site are perceived in such a way considering the persistent slur campaign both verbally at meetings such as the Fanfest that seem also to be a breeding ground for the promotion of ill feeling as well as the online campaign that Postey is currently making himself look silly with . I think the issues are regarding the reasons why such things as the Fanfest and Forza Verda etc. are needed, it’s not and never has been about attacking the characters and effort that’s been put in and in fact if you look back on ATD you’ll find that many people have been congratulated for their efforts even though many of us believe their efforts have been misguided. You must also remember Damon that there is a suspicion for anything that Webb, Newell, Ponty and more recently Postey are involved with which is perfectly natural when you consider the antics of gaining control and closing a website that asked questions, slur campaigns that go beyond even being nasty, the collecting of personal information on people that may have an influence, etc. it’s an incredibly long list and it continues to grow. - No Damon, it’s not and never has been about hating fanfest or drum beaters, it’s about suspicion regarding a few characters that have behaved and continue to behave in a very questionable manner that have associated themselves to fanfest, drum beaters etc.

The murals? An irrelevance in the grand scheme of things, a bit of paint brightening up a slab of grey concrete, no more, no less. I feel that Pasoti really has become an extension of the club and that has allowed.ATD to become more popular with the more middle of the road supporters who used to use Pasoti. – Without any doubt your comments are spot on Damon, and the more the underhand threats are dished out to anyone that dares to use ATD the more popular it will become with characters that are not so easily intimidated, that have their own minds and are often the most vocal and as someone that is enjoying the success of ATD I hope the slur campaign against it continues. I see no reason why the Fanfest etc. shouldn’t be publicised on ATD Damon as it is on pasoti, but you should expect ridicule from some as ATD remains a site for free opinion and if that’s not acceptable then maybe it’s best left being advertised on pasoti, as you say, “an extension of the club”., but you can’t have it both ways I guess.

James.Brent always said he was the.buyer of last resort. As such he got the club for pennies, has invested pennies and will make a.fortune from it. Unlike me he is a praaper business man. I was lucky, i served on a board of the club when we had continued success, constant improvement and in the main a fanbase that was content. Brent has inherited a complete mess. Problem is we cant see him doing anything to improve it. We need football experience at the helm right now. Bring in a proper football chief exec, or a director of football or an experienced manager but PLEASE do something to stop the rot. - Amen to that! That’s exactly what we want to hear Damon, if Brent had come out with that first sentence at the start instead of taking up Newell’s ridiculous campaign and Superfan status then we at least would have had some understanding even if we were not all that happy about it. We’re not all as daft as Newell and we don’t all fall in love with anyone that speaks the words we want to hear, some of us need more than an invite into the Business Lounge before we accept that they are the next God at Home Park.

I have no objection as an Argyle fan to Brent making a few bob but for his few bob he must secure Championship status and a balanced set of club accounts, as per the deal. He doesn’t seem all thatinterested in holding up his side of the bargain to well so I expect those fanfest will be needed for a long time yet Damon.

[/quote]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 am

As I was prompted by the above discussion I found Mr Newell's twitter account.

I noticed him bemoaning the attacks on him and Chris Webb (and rightly so on Chris Webb's son - that is not on). I was intrigued to notice 'David does Google' offering to go onto pasoti "under disguise" to which Mr Newell replied 'they're not worth it'. The fact that such a casual approach to subverting pasoti's systems and equally casually turned down speaks volumes about how pasoti is viewed as a play-thing. It also speaks volumes about the disregard that Mr Newell has about the ordinary posters on there.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 am

Thanks GOB. The only thing I have to add is that the GTs are independent. Yes it is the vehicle that monies raised by auctions, the senior greens, the london bRanch and othet groups gets channeled to the accelerated staff fund but it remains independent. The driving forces behind the GTs are 3 characters that shun the limelight, that are very rarely mentioned anywhere on the forums and are in it purely for the good of the club, not for any other reason. Their committment and selfless dedication is the reason i am proud to be associated with the GTs.

Brent and the Directors, the Chief Exec, Chris Webb and Ian Newell may attend fanfests occassionally but the GTs will do what the GTs do because it is what the GTs want to do, not because they bow to pressure from anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:58 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Yea Man wrote:

I resigned in August 2007. In November 2007, LESS THAN 5YEARS AGO we were in the Championship play off places. No one could have foreseen such a heartbreaking decline.

Freathy did Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 am

knecht wrote:
As I was prompted by the above discussion I found Mr Newell's twitter account.

I noticed him bemoaning the attacks on him and Chris Webb (and rightly so on Chris Webb's son - that is not on). I was intrigued to notice 'David does Google' offering to go onto pasoti "under disguise" to which Mr Newell replied 'they're not worth it'. The fact that such a casual approach to subverting pasoti's systems and equally casually turned down speaks volumes about how pasoti is viewed as a play-thing. It also speaks volumes about the disregard that Mr Newell has about the ordinary posters on there.

That's the thing though Knecht, nobody had a go at Chris Webb's son, he was just named that's all.

So for Ian Newell of all people to send a PM with a white feather accusing someone of being a coward is so bloody typical of him in so many ways. Ian Newell has named people who wanted to remain anonymous on countless occasions and many people's children have had their names posted, and like I said earlier, Gordon Sparkes named Chris Webb's son on the Argyle commentary which is heard by thousands of people, yet I am absolutely certain that Newell won't be calling the turncoat Sparksy a coward, he prefers doing it to people who are extremely unwell and too polite to stand up for himself, as is always the way with the cowardly fat bastard.

Ian Newell has carte blanche within Plymouth Argyle and especially on Pasoti. If anyone else had sent the PM's that he does, they would be banned instantly, not that that would be any kind of handicap to Newell, he would just use one of his other nom de plumes.

The issue with Newell and Thai Green goes back to when Windsor Boy lied to Phil about being too ill to drink, when everyone and their dog knows full well who Windsor Boy was, and Newell didn't like the fact that Phil brought that up on Pasoti.

The man is a headcase and is harming Plymouth Argyle but it's ok because he's a friend of James Brent and Chris Webb.

A white feather? You spineless bastard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 11:44 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Thanks GOB. The only thing I have to add is that the GTs are independent. Yes it is the vehicle that monies raised by auctions, the senior greens, the london bRanch and othet groups gets channeled to the accelerated staff fund but it remains independent. The driving forces behind the GTs are 3 characters that shun the limelight, that are very rarely mentioned anywhere on the forums and are in it purely for the good of the club, not for any other reason. Their committment and selfless dedication is the reason i am proud to be associated with the GTs.

Brent and the Directors, the Chief Exec, Chris Webb and Ian Newell may attend fanfests occassionally but the GTs will do what the GTs do because it is what the GTs want to do, not because they bow to pressure from anyone.

That last line for me speaks volumes and I hope that remains the case.

That's exactly how it should be.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:45 pm

One of the questions I repeatedly asked and was never answered on the other site was:

Were the CPers aware that JB's plan was to make the staff wait up to five years for their deferred wages, and if so, were thet comfortable with this or did they pressure him to pay the staff back over a shorter period.

I also seem to remember that JB's first proposal involved him paying back all of the deferred wages immediately and that as time went on, this changed to the "five year plan" which in effect moved the responsibility for payment of the bulk of the deferred wages from JB personally to the club-the effect of which is that for the next four years a proportion of gate money will in effect be used to pay off a debt that JB initially was willing to take on.

If I have got any of this wrong, I'll gladly be corrected, if anyone is willing to answer the question re the CPers, I would welcome it.

The whole point is that the Brent regime does a wonderful job on "Deflection"-people argue about the GT's collecting money because they have been "Deflected" from the real argument, which is why isn't JB paying it, why didn't he settle the staff wages out of the money he paid (himself0 to buy the car park, or even why didn't the City Council insist on the staff debt being cleared out of the money the paid to buy the ground.

Likewise ATD is the only real independant voice the fans have and we spend all our time having a go at the Brent friendly website rather than putting pressure on the owner of the club to sort out the appalling state the club is in, both on and off the field.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:55 pm

There are some great posts on this thread about the pondlife we all know about, fair play to damon for coming on here, perhaps you could tell us who are the green taverners and how much of the debt has been paid off, will all this keep the taxman and the fooball league happy, because if this cllub gets a point deduction because we trusted" great blokes" then its non league for years,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Staff Repayments
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next