Rickler
Dougie
Grovehill
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Staff Repayments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:33 pm

If I was in the GT the money that I raised would be given as a bonus to help pay off their debts that has accumulate from their non payment of wages not to help Mr Brent meet his football league requirement
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:53 pm

Tgwu wrote:
If I was in the GT the money that I raised would be given as a bonus to help pay off their debts that has accumulate from their non payment of wages not to help Mr Brent meet his football league requirement

This for me too. The back pay is only their rightful wages and they are being made to wait 5 fuckin years for it, and by all accounts, the poor sods who were made redundant aren't seen as important as the people still in jobs scratch

Some staff collected CCJ's from the period where they went without pay FFS, and they're supposed to still work under a property developer and hotelier who is racking up the contracts through the City Council, and wait 5 years to get was is rightfully theirs anyway.

And I would love to know if Ridsdale was being paid his full overblown whack during the administration period, and if the cnut is having to wait 5 years for anything owed to him. I feckin doubt it don't you?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:01 pm

If the money the GT's raise is being used to pay deferred wages are they also paying the PAYE element as well?

Whatever the situation, why can't they just give the money as an outright gift not connected to wage payments.

I'm sure that JB being an honourable man, is most embarrassed that his staff are relying on handouts for their wages
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 pm

greengenes wrote:
Instead of questioning each other on here why not contact the Gts themselves . You know where they are pre match .

If people want to contribute money whats the problem ? I think if someone wants to spend their hard earned money on anything they chose then that is their right .

People gamble , people drink heavily and buy tellys too big for their house but I see no problem with that - its their money .

But there is a problem with hoodwinking vulnerable people, and it goes on all the time. Many people will 'give' in full conscious understanding of who they are giving the 'free loan' to ... many will not... and there lays the problem. I saw the other week Mr Rapson still seems to think the GTS have a 'charitable' aim.... and he has been closely associated with them. What hope is there ? The ambiguity has been harped on about my many folk including me.

An excellent point reiterated by TGWU above, why not EXTRA to the amounts owing in recognition of the sacrifice the staff were unknowingly led into at the time... but then money talks, and the GTs are into giving interest free loans to the CLUB, and hence the owner, not the STAFF, big difference that, regardless of the gross and net way that money would treated. And as for the poor staff that couldn't stomach the disgrace that went on, or didn't have the fiscal ability to stick with it, what 'acceleration' are they getting ? diddly apparently. And it's called well meaning ? ... divisive, I would call it, but then many things have divided fans since Ridsdale came in and fluenced a few people.
Back to top Go down
wisconsin green

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Maybe I am missing something relating to UK charitable organization issues, but the link posted by TC really does get to heart of the matter. Isn't there simply a different "product" that is being sold?

One product: A matchday entertainment experience conducted by the Club.

New product: A matchday entertainment experience conducted by the GTs with the added promise that under certain conditions, Club staff will receive payments quicker than they otherwise would.

This promise does not differ much from a chocolatier's promises that 1% of profits will go to rainforest preservation. If the consumer really likes rainforests, this may convince them to buy this chocolate over another brand. If the consumer doesn't like chocolate, it doesn't really matter.

But either product is being offered by or on behalf of the Club, not as a charitable undertaking.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 pm

I think I'd agree with you wisconsin if it weren't for the use of the phrases, "matchday entertainment experience" and "matchday entertainment experience".

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:40 am

greengenes wrote:
Instead of questioning each other on here why not contact the Gts themselves . You know where they are pre match .

If people want to contribute money whats the problem ? I think if someone wants to spend their hard earned money on anything they chose then that is their right .

People gamble , people drink heavily and buy tellys too big for their house but I see no problem with that - its their money .

There is no problem at all with people spending their money anyway they choose to...

The problem is when they do, somebody usually pays tax on it.

At the moment you have a money trail that is more complicated than the laundering ring a Columbian drug cartel would concoct..

For instance... Winning bidder pays Newell, who gives it to the GT's, who give it to Brent, who then pays the staff and then... Later, Brent repays it back to the GT's or uses it for a "community Project".

We are talking hundreds of thousands of pounds... You don't think HMRC are going to want some tax revenue out of all that? The tax bill alone could be well into six figures?

The taxation situation is something that should certainly be brought up by either the PASB or the AFT.

Can you imagine the irony of the club being yet again put into administration because the club couldn't pay the taxes owed on the 'staff fund' revenue it received!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:07 am

Rickler wrote:
greengenes wrote:

There is no problem at all with people spending their money anyway they choose to...

The problem is when they do, somebody usually pays tax on it.

At the moment you have a money trail that is more complicated than the laundering ring a Columbian drug cartel would concoct..

For instance... Winning bidder pays Newell, who gives it to the GT's, who give it to Brent, who then pays the staff and then... Later, Brent repays it back to the GT's or uses it for a "community Project".

We are talking hundreds of thousands of pounds... You don't think HMRC are going to want some tax revenue out of all that? The tax bill alone could be well into six figures?

The taxation situation is something that should certainly be brought up by either the PASB or the AFT.

Can you imagine the irony of the club being yet again put into administration because the club couldn't pay the taxes owed on the 'staff fund' revenue it received!

So what are you accusing people of ? Go on say it .
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 3:52 am

I'm not accusing anyone of anything?

Can't you read?

I'm just saying there is bound to be a taxation consequence (there always is).

Can you tell me what it is?

More importantly... Can those involved say what it is? What their obligations will be?

Do you want everyone to do something with the best of intentions only to find out they effed themselves and the club?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 7:36 am

there must be an independent, audited record availble somewhere.
dont hold out any hope we will ever find out how much the staff were actually owed when the takeover went ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:05 am

The Green Taverners is a Limited Company. They will have to publish accounts, by law.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:50 am

I beleive you have to pay tax over a certain ammount money earned on ebay now.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 8:54 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
The Green Taverners is a Limited Company. They will have to publish accounts, by law.

Thankyou Andy .

There it is in a nutshell .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 9:16 am

greengenes wrote:

Go right up to them and look them in the eyes like REAL men eh GG? lol! You really don't get the whole internet forum thing do you? We are all involved the club, "our club" we like to call it, we all like to discuss it but unfortunately most of us don't live in the world of fans fests in fact some of us live in completely different counties and even countries to you and the rest of the REAL fans. What we are doing here is discussing something of interest to us. If you don't find a topic interesting, don't post on it. I think that you are happier on p'bay because the environment is more controlled, so if you don't want to listen to maverick opinion from us freaks and weirdos stay over there, simples. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 am

Iggy wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Go right up to them and look them in the eyes like REAL men eh GG? lol! You really don't get the whole internet forum thing do you? We are all involved the club, "our club" we like to call it, we all like to discuss it but unfortunately most of us don't live in the world of fans fests in fact some of us live in completely different counties and even countries to you and the rest of the REAL fans. What we are doing here is discussing something of interest to us. If you don't find a topic interesting, don't post on it. I think that you are happier on p'bay because the environment is more controlled, so if you don't want to listen to maverick opinion from us freaks and weirdos stay over there, simples. jocolor

Well excuse me . I'll post on here as a member when and how I see fit . Unless You want to bar me .

Questions were being asked so I pointed people in the right direction .

I rearely post on Pasoti these days either .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Shocked Bar you, not in my re-mit, if I had the means I wouldn't even do it. I was the one saying that this forum welcomes discussion, you were the one asking why people didn't talk face to face, you seem a little confused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:12 pm

Trust in the green taverners, is that the same as trust in stapes?how much of the debt has been paid? loads of posters have asked this question why wont the green taverners answer it?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:41 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Trust in the green taverners, is that the same as trust in stapes?how much of the debt has been paid? loads of posters have asked this question why wont the green taverners answer it?

Why why why. No more money until they give a answer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Why indeed, it's a simple enough question and I know they will have to submit their accounts, but what's wrong with a regular update?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 pm

I would like to know how much they raised to payoff the staff debt so far too
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Are the GT's a profit making organisation, pay a wage to employees etc?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 pm

I can't find the thread but recently keepitgreen was having a paddy about how disrespectful we are to the commanders during and after the war Razz however I am pretty sure he said that the staff debt was 450k and the GT's had paid off 100k in 10 month's.
ps. it was the thread about the seniors painting the fp club.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:25 pm

As Andy has stated the GTs operate under a limited company. There are no employees, nobody takes a wage out of donatioons, we are all volunters. During yhe admin period all funds raised were paid into tje staff fund to enable the staff to continue working for Argyle.Since exiting admin we raise money for various elements of.the club. The accelerated staff fund is one, football in the commumity is another (now incorporating youth, ladies, disability teams).

When monies are paid into the accelerated staff fund the club bevome responsible for the employers ni and all revenue payments. The reason for this is that we felt it was unfair to raise money from fans to pay tax bills. This way all cadh raised for he fund goes to the staff. Ot has been correctly stated that the club repays the loans to the gts at the usual repayment dates set on exiting admin.

We have now managed to pay over half the staff all the monies that they were owed. Some members of staff relied on the Argyle wage as the only wage in the family. These people were onviously hit harder than those whose Argyle wage was a second wage. The staff have been great in accepting that some needed.help more than others and we have tried to prioritise by need.

The fund continues to repay the staff still owed money faster than they would get their money from the club. Accounts for the limited company will be produced at the end of the financial year in accordance with company law.

I have every sympathy with the view that Brent should not be relying on handouts. I just have a stronger sympathy for the staff who went without pay. I also believe that the fans who attend the fanfests do so because it offers them great entertainment at a very reasonable price. Most if not all would still be attending if it were a purely commercial operation. In fact there are a growing number who attend the fanfests and dont go to the football - one offets great entertainment, the other doesnt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Is it correct Damon that the staff who were made redundant have not had any of the back pay still owed to them?

I saw a couple of posts on Pasoti from members of staff who were made redundant, saying that they had not received anything yet. It seems like they are being dealt another blow after losing their jobs?

I would also like to say that the work that the GT's do is fantastic and nobody as far as I can see is knocking that, just the fact that lots of people think James Brent is doing very nicely thank you out of buying the club and yet the accelerated staff payments are coming from fans with far less money!

I also think that the issue of taxes, NI etc is just nit-picking as I can't imagine for one minute that this great effort to raise all this money is going to be a problem down the line for someone. Surely James Brent would have all the angles covered in this respect?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks Damon for your response.

As JB is a head of a number of companies that rely totally on customer service are you truly saying that there are Plymouth Argyle fans paying £5 for a fans fest that are 50 metres from a turnstile and yet choose to venture home to listen to Sparksy?

If so as customer feedback goes that's damning.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staff Repayments   Staff Repayments - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Staff Repayments
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next