11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:52 pm

This need to examine individual performances highlights, for me, everything that's wrong with the club at the moment (not a dig at the OP by the way). Because there seems to be a distinct lack of a team ethic, it becomes easier to look for answers within individuals - the team's not playing well because he's not playing, he's out of position, can't trap a bag of cement, can't score etc etc etc.

It's not about a collection of individuals on the pitch, it's about a team of players properly coached and managed by a management team, backed financially by a board of directors, supported by the thousands coming through the turnstiles every other week. Remember when we won two promotions in 3 years? The feeling that we were all part of the club, all moving forward together? There were no stars, no outstanding individuals, but a mighty collective effort from everyone, including the fans, to achieve success.

That's where we need to be, in my view. A major step forward would be to start winning games, so the headlines and the interest is about football once again, not about individuals off the pitch. Because things have been going so badly, people like Webb and Newell have been getting the attention they crave, because there's not much else to talk about. Success would relegate them to the insignificant nobodies they are and people would be concentrating on what really matters, not all this peripheral nonsense that comes from Webb.

Sadly, however, I fear we are a long way from any change in the current ethos. As someone once said, 'enjoy the ride'.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:16 pm

As far as 'thoughts' go, if Griffiths is fit and going to start, I'll probably go on tuesday. The fact that it's Rovers and there might be something approaching a football stadium atmosphere, is also a factor.

On the other hand, if Griffiths ain't fit, and Carl plays Feeney on his own, then f*ck that, they ain't havin' my £20.

I'd rather eat my own knob cheese.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:09 pm

"I'd rather eat my own knob cheese."

Mods, can we move this remark to the yoghurt thread?
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:41 pm

Their wiil be no change whilst Fletcher is manager.He will continue to play Feeney up front on his own and we will continue to lose.Please do not blame the players , blame Fetcher and Brent for taking the cheap option.
Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:13 pm

seadog wrote:
"I'd rather eat my own knob cheese."

Mods, can we move this remark to the yoghurt thread?

I just wondered how he was able to make the judgement about what he'd prefer.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:22 pm

He must have some inkling as to the flavour of knob cheese............
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:46 pm

knecht wrote:
I actually thought Wooton did ok yesterday. He was solid in stopping their attacking play. He may not have the legs but he does a good enough job. The trouble is, if he isn't on the pitch, we have nobody comparable to replace him.

I think we do. His name is Curtis Nelson who despite having played nearly every game for us either at centre back or full back has played most of junior football in midfield. He's just the chap to sit in there and I would have preferred to see him come on yesterday in place of Lecointe. Interestingly for all the wisdom that Lecointe is a centre forward he also has played most of his junior football in midfield. He is obviously much more offensively minded than Nelson and might well be better suited to playing the deep, sitting in the whole linkman rather than as an orthodox front player. What we don't have any replacement for is Wotton's organisational play and general experience. I suppose we could move Blanchard forward but what that means is that we are a central defender short. God help us if either Purse or Blanchard gets injured.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Elias

Elias

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:02 pm

his legs have gone ?

hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm wonder where ive heard that before ?

would that be CF this time last season................

I can see it now PW manager, he bleeds green you know.

Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:01 am

I remember when we were led by a certain Bobby Williams who was also keen on the lone striker a guest of Sparkseys' said that you play 4 5 1 until you go a goal down and then try to change things to get back into the game, I hate it, start as you mean to go on 4 4 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THOUGHTS   THOUGHTS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

THOUGHTS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2