Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Fishing

Go down 
+22
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
Sir Francis Drake
zyph
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Tgwu
downthetrack
Lord Melbury
RD104
Charlie Wood
Mapperley, darling
tcm
lawnmowerman
Moist_Von_Lipwig
pepsipete
hippo
Chemical Ali
Highwayman
Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
seadog
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin



Posts : 13714
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 63
Location : @ sea or @home

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 7:35 am

Jealous, best time of day.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7057
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 7:55 am

It is mate, hardly any twat about either Smile
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11189
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 9:07 am

Well done bhey, they are in now, think the weather change stirred it all up.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9855
Join date : 2011-10-23

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 9:52 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Had a big bag of Mackerel on spinner last night fished from about 8.30 until dark and at first was having fish about every ten casts later on was a fish a chuck, really decent sized fish with a few two pounders, bought ten home and was releasing them at the end, great sport on light tackle.

Was that over Penlee way Ears? Historically I’ve always gone Queener point side of Rame when fishing that area. Ain’t done Penlee in donkeys. Sounds like a good session.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9855
Join date : 2011-10-23

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 9:53 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Just had my best hour fishing for a few years 5.30 till 6.30am. 11 macky and 2 bass landed, one a decent fish touching 3lb. The sound was bubbling, bait fish by the millions, birds feeding and fish jumping. Wish I could've stayed a bit longer but it was a hit and run sesh fishing fishing

Golden hour there Les!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7057
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 10:06 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Just had my best hour fishing for a few years 5.30 till 6.30am. 11 macky and 2 bass landed, one a decent fish touching 3lb. The sound was bubbling, bait fish by the millions, birds feeding and fish jumping. Wish I could've stayed a bit longer but it was a hit and run sesh fishing fishing

Golden hour there Les!

Was great fun mate and much needed after a pretty barren spell.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7057
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 10:08 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Well done bhey, they are in now, think the weather change stirred it all up.

Something has changed in the last week or two foreshore, not sure if it's weather or sea temp or something else.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11189
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 3:20 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Had a big bag of Mackerel on spinner last night fished from about 8.30 until dark and at first was having fish about every ten casts later on was a fish a chuck, really decent sized fish with a few two pounders, bought ten home and was releasing them at the end, great sport on light tackle.

Was that over Penlee way Ears? Historically I’ve always gone Queener point side of Rame when fishing that area. Ain’t done Penlee in donkeys. Sounds like a good session.

Was on the Point but don't tell anyone. Wink Tbh there were fish everywhere and until just before dark they looked like odd ones and twos. Went to Penlee because I cycled from my mates place but Queeners is probably less of a walk than the point is from the battery and going from Cawsands it's easy walking/cycling but it's a good two miles. I'm sure you'd score off Queeners and the guy handlining obviously went and sold his mackerel to the pubs and then went chugging out to Rame as it got dark as I expect he was after the Baas in the dark. I see on the forums loads of people catching Bass on lures in the dark can't say I've ever tried. One top tip don't do what I did and leave your head torch on the side when you hurry out fishing.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11189
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 3:23 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Just had my best hour fishing for a few years 5.30 till 6.30am. 11 macky and 2 bass landed, one a decent fish touching 3lb. The sound was bubbling, bait fish by the millions, birds feeding and fish jumping. Wish I could've stayed a bit longer but it was a hit and run sesh fishing fishing

Golden hour there Les!

Was great fun mate and much needed after a pretty barren spell.

Such good sport with a spinner and no weight, I'm out again soon and may go down to an even lighter rod or even break out the fly rod.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7057
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 9:49 am

Even crazier this morning, macky virtually every cast, stopped counting at 20. Got sick of them tbh so changed from metal to soft plastic and had 3 smallish bass, best of which is pictured. Also look at the amount of baitfish under the macky I'm hauling in ... unbelievable jeff.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7057
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 9:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7057
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 9:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11189
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 11:33 am

Nice.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 13714
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 63
Location : @ sea or @home

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 1:24 pm

Excellent.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9855
Join date : 2011-10-23

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 5:19 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Even crazier this morning, macky virtually every cast, stopped counting at 20. Got sick of them tbh so changed from metal to soft plastic and had 3 smallish bass, best of which is pictured. Also look at the amount of baitfish under the macky I'm hauling in ... unbelievable jeff.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Geddon bhey Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11189
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 31, 2022 11:59 pm

Just back, much different evening this evening swell breaking six feet up the rocks, had a Bass about a pound first cast, then fished hard for four mackerel but the last was a whopper, then thought one more cast and had a nice Bass who fought like a maniac dinner for me and the missus tomorrow night. Me my friend and his daughter all had Mackerel to night, bleddy lovely. What was wired tonight was there were more mackerel around a seven o'clock than there were at dusk the other night and at 8.30 they just switched off, looks Bassy as fook out there tonight though.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7057
Join date : 2014-03-30

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 12:33 am

fishing Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 13714
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 63
Location : @ sea or @home

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 6:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Arrived too late for fishing.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9855
Join date : 2011-10-23

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 7:14 am

Had a few mackerel yesterday evening, no bass.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 11189
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2022 9:07 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Had a few mackerel yesterday evening, no bass.

Were you down Penlee float fishing off the point?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 13714
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 63
Location : @ sea or @home

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 12:57 am

Millbay is FULL of Mackerel with Scad underneath and on the bottom.

Thousands of the beauties.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 13714
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 63
Location : @ sea or @home

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 1:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fillet the fish, save the heads and bellies for bait.

Left the Scad whole and froze half a dozen for bait.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9855
Join date : 2011-10-23

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:30 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Had a few mackerel yesterday evening, no bass.

Were you down Penlee float fishing off the point?

No mate, Devils Point. As Seadog says, loads about in the Sound.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9855
Join date : 2011-10-23

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 6:31 am

seadog wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fillet the fish, save the heads and bellies for bait.

Left the Scad whole and froze half a dozen for bait.

Proper job!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9855
Join date : 2011-10-23

Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2022 7:57 am

Ears, do you park at Cawsand and walk to Penlee? Or park in the car park (circled)?
Ain’t been that side in 30 years probably. Which is the best route down from that circled car park. I seem to remember we navigated a rope many moons ago but my memory is shot to pieces tbh.  scratch

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Fishing - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Fishing
Back to top 
Page 22 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Similar topics
-
» fishing on together
» Purse can go fishing

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: