Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 8:55 pm

School Bass
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 3:16 pm

Big tides end of this week and into next so looking to be out out Smile Just replenished the tackle box, should see me alright for the rest of this year fishing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 8:26 pm

I need to have a look at the tides on the north Cornish coast. We’re up that way for a few days next week from Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 8:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I need to have a look at the tides on the north Cornish coast. We’re up that way for a few days next week from Sunday.  

'uge bhey

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 9:02 pm

Hmmm, that’s a bit of a bummer. Was hoping to get out and fish the beach for a couple hours early doors over the low tide, before the family even realise I’m gone. May have to rethink that and look at some rock marks over the high morning tide then. Cheers Les.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 9:53 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Big tides end of this week and into next so looking to be out out  Smile  Just replenished the tackle box, should see me alright for the rest of this year fishing

I'm using those 360gt's but in white 28g I like them but they fish real fast or drop like stones. A lot of the commercial bheys use them I'm told.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 10:18 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Big tides end of this week and into next so looking to be out out  Smile  Just replenished the tackle box, should see me alright for the rest of this year fishing

I'm using those 360gt's but in white 28g I like them but they fish real fast or drop like stones. A lot of the commercial bheys use them I'm told.

True, and true. Make sure you've got the minnows and not the shads, they don't sink quite as fast.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2022 10:36 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

True, and true. Make sure you've got the minnows and not the shads, they don't sink quite as fast.

Tbf I like them as they are my other go to is a Savage seeker spinner in the same weight but it fishes much slower. I use a lot of plugs as well but the GT's seem the work for me.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 8:18 am

Fished this morning from first light for hour and half, 6 macky 1 scad, 3 bass best being about 2lb. Not quite as manic as 2 weeks ago but still plenty about. Changed from sg seeker to soft plastic when I'd had my fill of mackerel, still caught 1 on the sp ffs. Lovely morning.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2022 12:07 pm

Fished last night until past dark, thought I'd have a Bass or two, big tide couple of feet of swell and just a paltry Pollock to show for it. My mate caught a shitload of Bass a couple of days ago said he caught a feeding frenzy off Rame with two foot Bass every cast!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 1:07 pm

Took the kayak out in the river this morning as the tide was dropping, had a pair of 4lb Bass almost identical and put up a crazy fight pulling the boat about! Will be out again most days now when I'm available. Pretty sure they are feeding on the tiny shrimp but the odd one hitting the small mullet. There are thousands of Mullet about, absolutely cracking session in a beautiful place.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 1:57 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Took the kayak out in the river this morning as the tide was dropping, had a pair of 4lb Bass almost identical and put up a crazy fight pulling the boat about! Will be out again most days now when I'm available. Pretty sure they are feeding on the tiny shrimp but the odd one hitting the small mullet. There are thousands of Mullet about, absolutely cracking session in a beautiful place.

Sounds fun, which river and how far up if you don't mind me asking? I've heard tales of bass being caught miles inland where the water is pretty much fresh, is this something you've experienced ears?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 2:38 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Sounds fun, which river and how far up if you don't mind me asking? I've heard tales of bass being caught miles inland where the water is pretty much fresh, is this something you've experienced ears?

Caught one last year fishing for salmon at the wier on the Tamar 100% fresh water, these two were above wier quay, I've just filleted them and put the head and bones on for a stock for bouillabaisse and they were both full of green crabs some soft and about 2" across and the rest down to 5p size which were hard. Be worth getting some peeler crab and fishing it in a deep hole, you'd get some bigger fish foreshore. Had these on 12g sidewinders, yesterday I thought I saw them feeding on small mullett hence the trip today but although full of crab they will take a jelly if bounced off their nose, I reckon they were spooking the mullet whilst meandering about.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 3:06 pm

Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 4:57 pm

Went and collected some soft shells and one peeler yesterday, got up at 5am and thought I'd stick a big crab bait tipped with Mackerel for extra smell and visibility in the channel and pull out a big one. Got down the river, carried two rods, rest, tackle bag and flask down to the spot I was going to fish and realized I'd left all the bait in the fooking shed! Spent about four hours spinning to no avail. FFS!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 6:24 pm

FFS!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 9:43 pm

Lure fished the north cornish coast 3 times last week, nothing Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 10:48 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Lure fished the north cornish coast 3 times last week, nothing Crying or Very sad

Am hoping to get a session in up that way next weekend. Weather is looking a bit depressing, mind.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptySun Sep 04, 2022 8:23 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Am hoping to get a session in up that way next weekend. Weather is looking a bit depressing, mind.

I haven't had any success oop north this year shorely it must turn on soon?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 2:45 pm

Fished yesterday morning for a couple hours, one very small pollock and a fairly nice gar. Quiet but enjoyable nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 4:43 pm

three Black Bream here in the Solent last Friday on squid baited shrimp baits.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 6:55 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Fished yesterday morning for a couple hours, one very small pollock and a fairly nice gar. Quiet but enjoyable nonetheless.

Both on lures Les?

Used to love catching Gar years ago. As kids we used to climb over the wall and balance on the pipe that took you down to the rocks by the Royal Corinthian yacht club on the Hoe. Bit of rag on a float. Happy days.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 8:24 pm

I used to fish the pipe a lot 71 to 81 ish, first light was my favourite, cycle in from Leigham.

Mackerel, Gar, Bass, Pollack, Wrasse, Seatrout, what a summer spot.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2022 8:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Both on lures Les?

Used to love catching Gar years ago. As kids we used to climb over the wall and balance on the pipe that took you down to the rocks by the Royal Corinthian yacht club on the Hoe. Bit of rag on a float. Happy days.

Yes mate, both on a metal.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2022 8:21 am

I've had a few Seatrout above Tavistock but the water has to be now, had another nice Bass last week on the tidal with a Lure but thee were four Ospreys flying about and fishing and it was a bit quiet apart from the twitchers. Appazza there is a Roller in Bee Ferrers and more Osprey down Saltram way.
Used to fish the pipe as well, used to call the RC the Groin Exchange when they had the disco up thee in late seventies and eighties, great for posh tottie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fishing - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fishing   Fishing - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fishing
Page 24 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next