akagreengull
tcm
swampy
Chemical Ali
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 2:00 pm

merse wrote:
GOB wrote:

I don 't think so Merse, I think you just have a huge chip on your shoulder that reminds of the view that the Scots have towards England.

Chip? You're 'avin' a giraffe matey! Laughing

To have one of those would require a jealousy which I have never possessed when looking at Plymouth Argyle. All I see when I look at them is a hugely underachieving club with a miserable bunch of supporters who don't seem to look on football as the fun I find it to be.

Carry on in your delusion that bigger is better if that rescues some form of justification for your assumptions.

Hugely looking forward to this match with a smile on my face and not getting in a two and eight over something our manager has said. Wink

Enjoy your cup final Merse lol!
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 5:28 pm

[quote="GOB"]
merse wrote:
Enjoy your cup final Merse

You must be happy with that goalless draw well done for at least making a game of it this season.

Who have you got next ~ Barcelona? Oh no it's Port Vale who hit six today................keep yer chins up whilst we go away with a patronising pat on the head from your mighty club and we'll try not to annoy you when we come down to Gnome Park as much as we must have last season.

Will the hotel be built by then or the re-possessed seats put back in The Mayflower?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:07 pm

No. And no.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:19 pm

Despite all of the rhetoric on here it is a fact that Torquay were favourites for today. Even the bookies had them odds on and we keep being reminded that they seldom get it wrong. Torquay are a decent side and this result is a big point for Argyle. It matters not what used to be the difference between the two clubs. We are where we are and have to live with it. We may at some point end up top dog of the 3 devon clubs once more but for now we are third. History plays no part in the position right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:40 pm

so exeter can go to oxford and blow them away,yet argyle go to torquay and this is a big point for argyle.....and sensible greeney is ghost.

Last edited by oddball on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 9:53 pm

In our present position, it is a good point. We shouldn't be here but we are. In years to come, as we look down from the heights of the Championship we will look back and see this as the beginning of the process of coming out of our darkest hour. Until then we should be ever so humble and be grateful that we have drawn away from home and haven't conceded a goal.

At present the side have a small amount of skill to offer but what they do have to offer is blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We shall fight them at St James'. We shall fight them at Vale Park. We shall fight them at home. We shall fight them in fields everywhere. Today we drew and didn't concede. It's not the end nor is it the beginning of the end but it may be the end of the beginning. Give us the tools, Mr Brent, and Fletcher will lead us to victory. Keep calm and carry on.

(I think that might qualify me for the post of President).

In the meantime, I think a cup of strong coffee is in order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Exeter, despite the supposed rivalry thing were a league one club last season. They should do reasonably well in league two despite their relegation. Torquay were a promotion chasing side last term. They should do well in the league this season. Argyle were barely keeping hold of league status last season. Ergo we are currently third in the pecking order. An away point at Torquay is a damned good point Oddball despite where you think Argyle should be. According to the predictions and the betting we were due to be dicked today in case you hadn't noticed.

As for the "fook me". I'll pass on that one. With a name like Oddball you don't have that much appeal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:21 pm

SG .more appeal than you.....hundreds know me on this site,and on pasoti,senior greens,greens on screen.gt's,london branch.north devon greens,VP's,plymouth branch,cornish branch,etc etc..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:23 pm

No sign of a match report from Cobi? Did he not go today?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Ah but my appeal is in real life and not the virtual world. I am known to thousands in Plymouth and loved by all. Well some of them anyway. Being known in a virtual world isn't the same as being appealing. It's just being known as an Oddball.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:39 pm

SG...no no ....I'm talking real time...I know the jewson lot...shall we start at james brent,then peter jones ,dave felwick.....ian newell if you like.. I'm just a fan who doesn't like being 17th in league division 2.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:42 pm

But my fan club are real people. Ian Newell fancies you? There is a turn up for the book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:54 pm

SG...who are you in the real world...
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 10:59 pm

Oddball you do not want to know. Trust me!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:10 pm

James Bond.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:12 pm

More like Jenny Bond! Smile

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:14 pm

I'm not the old Queen here Mouldy. Trust me it's James.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 08, 2012 11:46 pm

affraid

Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:33 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

An away point at Torquay is a damned good point

Spot on.................now would you like a patronising pat on the head from us or the genuine recognition that you shared the spoils, which given your recent history and habit of conceding goals is a very good performance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 am

It is a good point Merse given our team, but if we had a manager like Martin Ling and the budget that Fletcher has at his disposal we wouldn't be feckin around trying to scrape points here and there and being chuffed when we get one.

Your Danny Stevens ran us ragged yesterday and we have 3 similar players, Lennox, Gorman and Gurrieri, possibly even 5 with PCH and Macdonald, who struggle to take on their defender and cross the ball, and even if they do manage that we've got fuckin midgets up front who aren't going to benefit from the cross.

My mate who went to the game said we kept trying this one tactic of playing a long diagonal ball to the wing the entire game, and it wasn't working. I don't know if this was because our wingers are tiny, but if something isn't working there's no point in continuing with it.

Still we're on an unbeaten run of 2 now and it's Port Vale at home next, who scored 6 yesterday. My guess is Fletcher will now decide to try and stop them scoring instead of having any attacking intent. It's bad enough doing it away but when you're the home team setting up for a point and hoping to nick it, it's bloody piss poor.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 8:05 am

One day when brent and fletcher the clueless are history a better day will come. One where we're not in the same poxy shite division as Torquay, let alone having to celebrate scraping a point at plainmoor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:49 am

Freathy wrote:
One day when brent and fletcher the clueless are history a better day will come. One where we're not in the same poxy shite division as Torquay, let alone having to celebrate scraping a point at plainmoor.

Disturbingly true, even the tinted have to acknowledge this. Fletchers starting tactics are way too negative, he does change things around later on in games but more often then not it is too late and the opportunity is lost, i thought that he might have evolved his tactics from last season but it is obvious he hasn't from most of what we've seen so far, his signings are poor as well and as for re-newing the contracts of 3 or 4 players.......
Brent clearly has his man in CF,cheap, compliant doing just enough to keep Argyle in the League which seemingly is enough to satisfy the mainstay of our support ,he has given trinkets and positions of power to "figureheads" lol! among our supporters with the overall intention to draw peoples attentions away from the shambles we have become on the pitch over to Forza Nerd, Aviva fests, giant flag waving and large banners....point to note that there is barely enough people sat in the Devonport end these days to hold the bloody things,empty seats everywhere....the alarm bells should be ringing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:00 am

Even though we're total shyte, just come out of admin and undergoing our second asset stripping rape, I'm still gutted that we didn't put 6 past our minnow cousins. clown
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:12 am

How else could we have lined up yesterday? Most teams play 4-5-1 away from home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 am

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
How else could we have lined up yesterday? Most teams play 4-5-1 away from home

Well our 3 front men were all under 5'8" and our tactic was to pump long diagonal balls towards them?

Torquay had a midget winger who waltzed his way through our defence several times and was a real danger.

I don't know how else we could've lined up, but that's because Fletcher has signed a bunch of shite players of which there are too many similar players who are lightweight and frankly not good enough. Why sign Gurrieri and then Gorman on loan if both of them are thought less deserving of a starting place than Lennox who we already had at the club, and who by the way has hardly set the world alight has he?

It's baffling to me why half of our squad was retained this year and now Fletcher keeps signing more and more players like the ones we already have scratch

If Gorman isn't as good as Lennox let him go back to Wolves and he can get fit elsewhere and have his wages paid. Gurrieri is tiny and easy to push off the ball, just like Sims is. So why keep signing more like them?

We need a really decent midfielder and the only way we could get one is to either release or loan out several of our crap squad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torquay are favorites    Torquay are favorites  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Torquay are favorites
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next