Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:39 am

Scots leading Argentina 6-3 just after half time.

Not much ability on show, but plenty of excitement just as it's basically knock-out rugger.

Neither side look like they could ever score a try really, Wellington-schooled Max Evans the only Scot with a bit of spark whilst the Argentines just merge into a blur of players who love a physical breakdown but can't do much else.

Whoever holds their nerve will go through.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:21 am

Cracking game of blood and guts, thoroughly enjoyed that and glad that Argentina have something to shout about with the work they've put in.

England v Scotland with the Scots needing to win, should be a cracker!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:06 am

Shame for France lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:09 am

GOB wrote:
Shame for France lol!

Awesome performance by the Tongan's. They seemed more interested in smashing the French then actually winning the game. Samoa were good yesterday too against South Africa.

Now its time for England to click into gear and send the sweaties packing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:14 am

I loved the faces of those Tongan's in the front row going into the last couple of scrums, it was 100% piss take despite being completely fooked. Cracking!

Now the big one

England 35 Scotland 7 .............................maybe!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:45 am

Can hardly bear to look pale
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:50 am

Fook sake, shocking start to the game, last thing we needed was to give Jock any incentive and invitation to get into this game, but England have been terrible so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:23 am

Not good!

Our front row is being ripped apart, Christ knows how Cole makes an England side and their tight-head is having a party, seeing props brought down as ours are at international level is pretty shocking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 10:17 am

phewww, far better second half!

Our defense is pretty awesome, still only one try conceded in the competition and it's keeping us in the competition.

Bring on the Frogs, I fancy our chances against them.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:07 am

GOB wrote:
phewww, far better second half!

Our defense is pretty awesome, still only one try conceded in the competition and it's keeping us in the competition.

Bring on the Frogs, I fancy our chances against them.

Bleddy internet streaming was crap, had to listen to the radio.

Brian Moore says we will beat the frogs. We did last time. What joy that was. The Aussies first then the Frogs in their own backyard ! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:24 am

Now that Carter is out of the tournament the chances of NZ choking has increased. I would find it very amusing if they did it in their own backyard as well

As for England? They were crap again and the forwards really are a problem. If they can stop giving away penalties every 5 seconds then the team will be competitive, but I think they know they are not up to it. The backs look good and it is not often you say that about an England team.

I think the tournament is wide open and the winner of the Ire/Wal quarter will really fancy their chances of making the final. France were awful against Tonga. Will we see a backlash against England or have the frogs imploded?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:17 am

Nice clean game the Italians are playing, it's just like the good old days!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:37 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Now that Carter is out of the tournament the chances of NZ choking has increased. I would find it very amusing if they did it in their own backyard as well

As for England? They were crap again and the forwards really are a problem. If they can stop giving away penalties every 5 seconds then the team will be competitive, but I think they know they are not up to it. The backs look good and it is not often you say that about an England team.

I think the tournament is wide open and the winner of the Ire/Wal quarter will really fancy their chances of making the final. France were awful against Tonga. Will we see a backlash against England or have the frogs imploded?

It will certainly be a 'first' if any of the home nations, other than England, actually reach a World Cup Final, let alone win one !
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:38 am

Say what you like about the eye-ties these days, they always eke out tight games against the rest of the NH sides. It's been a while since we've given them a proper pasting. I'd quite like them to burst the bogwog's bubble; Seamus and Paddy's pocked beetroot faces after their win against Australia was a bit too much to bear. The only disadvantage is that the Seamus - Dai match-up threatens to take a out out of the winner before they face, hopefully, England. I'm not sure (the so far quite impressive) Wales would expend as much energy dispatching the wops as they would having to send the bitter backwoodsmen of Munster packing.

Carter being out for NZ is a hammerblow. I'm sure his replacement will be world class and probably walk into most other country's first XV, but he won't ever quite fill the shoes.

As I type O'Driscoll gets all the credit for a simple finish after good work from Bowe (I think?). That'll finish the Italians, I'd have thought.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:47 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

The pack so far has been a shambles. Deacon is incredibly average in the second row, he's neither good in the lineout, the tight or the loose. Shaw or Palmer is a must, I'd opt for Palmer. What happened to our beastly scrum? Outmuscled by the jocks?!!! Stevens and Cole look lost, but the replacements are uninspiring to say the least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:23 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

The pack so far has been a shambles. Deacon is incredibly average in the second row, he's neither good in the lineout, the tight or the loose. Shaw or Palmer is a must, I'd opt for Palmer. What happened to our beastly scrum? Outmuscled by the jocks?!!! Stevens and Cole look lost, but the replacements are uninspiring to say the least.

I have been really impressed by Palmer all year and was surprised that he had lost his place to Deacon. And despite being very old, Shaw always has an impact when he comes on. I think we have missed Easter an no8 and Haskell is not the answer (hence the call up of the uncapped kiwi Waldrom). Sheridan is missed in the scrum but he often underperforms.

I would also like to see Flood start because I think he is a better kicker then Wilkinson.

The Irish looked good against Italy and the game against Wales should be a cracker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:39 am

My money is on the Welsh beating the Irish. The Irish looked good today mainly due to the Italians allowing the Irish at least 3 yards before they decided to get a tackle in, the Irish won't be getting that against the Welsh.

England's pack is one of the weakest I have known but, we're winning without playing well and with Wilkinson unable to kick, that can't be bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 am

48 hours to go until we get to smash the frogs Very Happy

I am glad that no one is reading too much into the Tonga result and realise that any French side is going to be dangerous. But I think the key is at fly half. England have picked two and France don't have one. Parra will really struggle if Wilkinson and Flood can keep England on the front foot.

But if we continue to give away stupid penalties then I am sure France will take advantage. It should be a good game.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:14 am

The start to Wales - Ireland has been electric!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:30 am

The Welsh defence has won them this game. I bet the England France match is a shit-fest, who cares as long as we win!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:45 am

Wales were very good but will the pressure of a semi final be too much for them.

We also have the horrifying prospect of an all sheep shagging final if the Kiwis don't bottle it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 am

Tough match and I still fancy Wales for this cup.

I hope to see a much improved performance from England in a minute, who knows how the French will play!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:55 am

Think I'll go back to bed!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:01 am

Oh dear.......................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:35 am

England (football) - Shyte

England (rugby) - Shyte

Argyle - Cough!

Anyone got the Samaritans number?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups   Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup Warm-Ups
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next