Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..

Go down 
+9
akagreengull
Tgwu
Coxside_Green
Freathy
fridgey
crickeypafc
Elias
Tringreen
VillageGreen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. Empty
PostSubject: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:06 am

Well,two games in and we are within the bottom five. Early doors i know.

The game against Aldershot Town was dreadful to say the least,and last night we seemed to play second fiddle to Dagenham & Redbridge i read. And with a tough test coming up against Oxford United,we could find ourselves in the bottom two yet again come Saturday evening.

Many [including myself] did not want Carl ''i thought the boys done well in the circumstances'' Fletcher as the gaffer this season. This has been stated since the end of last season,yet nothing has changed or changes. We have to grin and grind those teeth.

James ''i am a football fan now'' Brent has only dipped his finger in to help Fletcher and the team out,when his whole hand would have been better. Again,We have to grin and grind those teeth for the time being.

Conflicting stories from earlier in the Summer about what was,or is available regarding the 2012/13 transfer budget still rings in my ears. Coupled with the retaining of the majority of last season's team,it still baffles as to what the thinking is up there at Home Park.

So,when will the honeymoon be over for James ''i am a football fan now'' Brent among those happy-clappers and flag wavers alike ?..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:21 am

Now.

Any fan with a memory or half a brain can see that the team are not good enough and the manager is too inexperienced to get us out of this mess. There is a total lack of professionalism at Home Park and no amount of spin can change that.

Brent needs to keep it simple. Its about the football team winning. The rest will follow.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Now.

Any fan with a memory or half a brain can see that the team are not good enough and the manager is too inexperienced to get us out of this mess. There is a total lack of professionalism at Home Park and no amount of spin can change that.

Brent needs to keep it simple. Its about the football team winning. The rest will follow.

An articulate manager with contacts is essential as a priority.

Maybe some walleted directors might help if Brent won't invest.

Ditching Dumb and Dumber would be like a breath of fresh air............. and the ridiculous Supporters' board.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:37 am

I realistically think JB may have quite some time, too many 'grateful' to him for argyles existance, thing is those 'ungratefuls' will vote with their feet & wallets hence providing justification of the apethetic janner (yawn).
people will not pay twenty quid for it, twenty quid can be used for other things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:00 pm

The only difference between the club being wound up and Brent's laughable "rescue" is that this way the death is taking longer!
Back to top Go down
crickeypafc

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 pm

For me there was no Honeymoon

Brent messed the club around just as much as every other bidder to get it at its lower price so i for one have never felt the hero worship for him

Is he better then Heaney yeah i will give him that but thats not saying much

Brent for me needs to show he has some bollocks and realize that in Fletcher that he has got a lame duck and supporters are not fools and that we will start to chant against him very soon if things dont turn around
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:32 pm

crickeypafc wrote:

Brent messed the club around just as much as every other bidder to get it at its lower price so i for one have never felt the hero worship for him

Brent for me needs to show he has some bollocks and realize that in Fletcher that he has got a lame duck and supporters are not fools and that we will start to chant against him very soon if things dont turn around

I wonder how long it will be before people start getting banned from HP for chanting against Brent?
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Now. He is taking the piss out of this club with the standard of players and manager he is employing.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:41 pm

No 'honeymoon' period from me! Brent and his useless 'board' have failed and are continuing to fail the club on a massive and extremely damaging scale. And I see absolutely no sign of anything changing. As far as I'm concerned the damage is now too great and brent and his useless 'board' must put the club up for sale and stand down immediately.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Back to top Go down
crickeypafc

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
crickeypafc wrote:

I wonder how long it will be before people start getting banned from HP for chanting against Brent?

Even James Brent aint that stupid

I hope
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Now I would think.Fans are getting restless,demonstrations cant be far away,if poor results continue.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Brent's playing a good game and wont be worrying about any 'honeymoon' period. With characters like Peter Jones and PCC already in his pocket he really can't lose. We can protest all we like, he will come out the winner.

The real issue is the 'superfans' who made it all possible. The lies throughout the administration period and the continued spin until now when it's all too late. My prediction is all the property deals surrounding Home Park (inclusive of fecking off the new stand idea after relegation) will be tied up by late summer 2013. The club will be available to the highest bidder with some sort of apology for not understanding football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:17 pm

If only the club had been marketed properly.

All this "there is no alternative" was a load of complete shite.

It was the only alternative for the super fans because they'd been promised car parking spaces and director seats if they got their boy in.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Brent's playing a good game and wont be worrying about any 'honeymoon' period. With characters like Peter Jones and PCC already in his pocket he really can't lose. We can protest all we like, he will come out the winner.

The real issue is the 'superfans' who made it all possible. The lies throughout the administration period and the continued spin until now when it's all too late. My prediction is all the property deals surrounding Home Park (inclusive of fecking off the new stand idea after relegation) will be tied up by late summer 2013. The club will be available to the highest bidder with some sort of apology for not understanding football.

You not far wrong, he already had plans for the land around the Pavilions (free hold for nothing) Argyle then fell into his lap for peanuts, now he has someway to put the ice ring rather then using his prime City Centre site + £2.000.000 to go with it, another £1.700.000 for Home Park, He also would like £400,000 from the trust, that would bring him £4.100.000 incoming.

Pay out CVA, £200.000 for Home Park car park, deferred football debt (which is being played by fans) A nice deal all round.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 1:55 pm

There is every chance Oxford will beat us on saturday, we could be bottom of the league the same day.Taxi for Fletcher please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:08 pm

akagreengull wrote:
There is every chance Oxford will beat us on saturday, we could be bottom of the league the same day.Taxi for Fletcher please.

Followed by Burnley away in the cup, so every chance two more games are lost, before an already vital relegation battle at home to Northampton. If we were to lose all of those then the honeymoon period will be looking more like the first realisation that a divorce might be the best course of action.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
crickeypafc wrote:

A compliant FV is a buffer to anything of that kind happening. You'll hear any disparaging chanting at away grounds first.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Dougie wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
crickeypafc wrote:

A compliant FV is a buffer to anything of that kind happening. You'll hear any disparaging chanting at away grounds first.

The majority of games at HP this season (or last for that matter) wont need policing. Reading your reply really opens up the need to close zoo corner and kill off any passion from that area.

Gotta hand it to 'know nothing about football' Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:33 pm

James Brent clearly has his man in CF, the very best we can expect this season is to stay in this League by the skin of our teeth,which is a big ask with the current regime.By Just staying in the League was/is of course JB plan all along so he can concentrate on property/money making schemes while his spin doctor Webb fills the rest of us with bullshit about Forza Nerd, giant flags, Aviva fests, jester hats, pilgrim pasties and stupid family zones, the more astute like most of us on ATD have always seen through Brents plan from day 1, the dullards over on the farm are only just starting to wake up and smell the coffee it seems, although the terminally tinted are doing their best to crush the mutiny.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:53 pm

Dougie wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
crickeypafc wrote:

A lot of things are starting to make more sense now.

Whereabouts in the ground has always historically been the birthplace for chants of discontent? Well surprise surprise, it's the Zoo Corner.

Closing that area, and keeping it closed, whilst rounding up as many jester-hatted, flag waving, avivas and giving them a FV title, will ensure that the Dem'port remains fully sanitised. Any anti-Brent rhetoric will be swiftly quashed.

What a joke of a club we've become.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:58 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Where's louisdepalma when you need him ? lol!

So, by Northampton at home we will almost certainly have been stuffed by Oxford and Burnley.

Who turns up as manager of Northampton, winners over Rotherham on Tuesday ? Aidy Boothroyd of course.

A proper manager, albeit with a stuttering track record at Coventry and Colchester. At least he can string a few sentences together and is passionate. A club at its lowest ebb but with great potential would imo have been a perfect job for him.
I don't approve of violent, yobbish behaviour but the Watford fans loved his passion. Listen to them singing for him..........Do do do do, Aidy Boothroyd !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Louisdepalma asked for his account to be deleted at the weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:22 pm

James Brent's honeymoon period ended last season.

Last edited by Renegade on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Louisdepalma asked for his account to be deleted at the weekend.

So it was Cerbigaybeara lol!

Better brush up on 'Taxi' characters for the next username Rolling Eyes Mind you, his unbridled anger with me gives him away every time.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Greenjock wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Followed by Burnley away in the cup, so every chance two more games are lost, before an already vital relegation battle at home to Northampton. If we were to lose all of those then the honeymoon period will be looking more like the first realisation that a divorce might be the best course of action.

No way we'll lose at Oxford, I'm going with my son....

...oh wait, it was 3 years before he saw them win:(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..   How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent.. Empty

Back to top Go down

How long before the honeymoon is over for James Brent..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next