Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is the long game being played by Brent?

Go down 
+2
Elias
Mapperley, darling
6 posters
AuthorMessage

What is the long game being played by Brent? Empty
PostSubject: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:20 pm

Just a thought, but how far ahead has Brent thought about HHP and the end game? Is he purposely building us a stand that is too small for us but maybe big enough for say Plymouth Albion? I happen to know that a lot of people think that Albion should never have moved to brick fields and they are unable to grow much there. (not my view but someone I was talking to the other day). Ian Newell mentions that if we become a premiership team we would have to move. Have we got it wrong and Brent will continue to own the club, even back it, then have to move up the road to Lee Mill (Newells musing again, not mine)? I wonder if anybody knows of a suitable site up the A38 that we could use?
It just doesn't sit right with me about what Brent is about, why build a small stand when he stands to profit from its sale as owner? He could easily build a fit for purpose stand, fund it via Akkerons other development projects, activate the buy back clause for the rest of the ground and cash in.
Still more questions than answers, I would take a really hefty bet at the moment that we haven't really Sussed out the motives of the man.
Let silly season begin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:25 pm

I've always thought it was about developing the site and in relations the other sites granted to him by PCC. Once that has been realised if the club can be sold for a huge profit because it has fluked itself into the CCC then so be it. I also wouldn't be surprised if good old Nikk bought the club in League Two for a nominal sum, leaving Brent as the developer.

Isn't there a lump sum payment due in the future at a fixed time to complete the staff repayments? I would sensibly see that as a deadline for Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 12:33 pm

HHP is obviously the big goal, no discussion there, but is Argyle just the facilitator or has he seen another angle to it. With the staff payment deadline looming in about three years time, if Argyle weren't going to be a big earner for him he could just put us into admin. again. Build Argyle a proper stadium up the road pass on HP to Albion and Kerching!
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:07 pm

the club is a side show for brent, his eyes are on the property not the football club. and thats where he will make his shekel
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? EmptyWed May 01, 2013 11:20 pm

maximise the 'oppurtunity' that the admin process 'presented' to him.......

the revamped home park is the 'prize', PAFC is the manure end of the stick
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:05 am

Honest, Openness, Transparency.............................. In your dreams.

Home Park has become a veritable nest of self promoting, self interested vipers. His jamboys and the Aviva faithful love a fine gentleman Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:48 am

Monopoly?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Trying to not think about all the Brent crap too much as it just depresses me, but hey it is as you all say - this is where we are.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? EmptyThu May 02, 2013 1:06 pm

The Pavillions site where the new Ice Rink and another half arsed redevelopment of the concert arena unlocks the potential for the boulevard to Millbay with a huge amount of retail rental income.

That this development will probably be the final nail in the coffin of the west end of the city centre leading to large areas of development land where the ice Rink could have gone is sad beyond belief.

Having PCC tied up in knots so he can get the Civic Centre for another hotel and rooftop restaurant along with the car park next door is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the long game being played by Brent?   What is the long game being played by Brent? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the long game being played by Brent?
Page 1 of 1