Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!

Go down 
+11
pepsipete
fridgey
Chemical Ali
Tringreen
Greenskin
PlymptonPilgrim
Freathy
akagreengull
shonbo
Mapperley, darling
VillageGreen
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tcm

tcm

Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tcm wrote:
i know,thats what i thought Basketball

I do wonder if Mike's surname is Hunt sometimes Rolling Eyes

You said beat the Pompey scum and start the promotion push. It was pointed out that the Pompey game is a cup game therefore it's you that looks like a pillock right now. I should roll another fat one and dream of cutting a few lawns Mike.
oh no jock ,the shame of it all lol! but anyway watch us beat pompey and start the promotion push,
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:47 pm

2-1 argyle, 94th minute winner from rene gilmartin from a corner!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I see the fundrasing Pompey fanfest to help out the club who are just about to sign a load of players we can only dream on lucrative contracts is still going ahead...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:26 pm

Yep freathy. looks like nobbers spliting the fanfest money between our millionaire and the portsmouth ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Bigger fools anybody who does then.I shall be giving the Fan Fests and this match a big NO
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 am

It doesn't look like Pompey will be able to sign their players by midday today as they haven't exited administration (midday is the deadline for permanent signings).

They can loan players up to 3 hours before kick off (if they exit). Otherwise we'll be playing their yoofs.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Pompey have signed a keeper, who was released by Halifax- Simon Eastwood. Accordingly to their "Chris Errington"- no more signings expected.

Also reported that their playing budget has been slashed to £1.5m/ year, when it was expected to be £4m/ year.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 3:37 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Pompey have signed a keeper, who was released by Halifax- Simon Eastwood. Accordingly to their "Chris Errington"- no more signings expected.

Also reported that their playing budget has been slashed to £1.5m/ year, when it was expected to be £4m/ year.

Their journo has said that the Pompey team will comprise of Eastwood in goal, Ashley westward will play (he had just retired and is coaching at Pompey) and 9 x 17 - 18 year olds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:53 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Their journo has said that the Pompey team will comprise of Eastwood in goal, Ashley westward will play (he had just retired and is coaching at Pompey) and 9 x 17 - 18 year olds.

This may not be good news for Fletcher. Even the die-hard optimists must recognise that whilst Fletcher did a job last year they must be expecting to see better football and more wins, particularly at home. Failing to beat a team combined of a retiree and 9 teenagers who between them can only muster 8 first team appearences would be a damning start to the season.

Now a win is expected unless we play some decent passing football whilst on our way to a comfortable 2 goal victory nothing short would be seen as a poor first performance of the season.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 am

match day,at last,bring it on,let the gardening begin,then off to argo pompey on the lash,
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:14 am

The news of the Pompey team should mean it's now a more even competition. We're lucky we're not having to face their proper team in waiting as they'd have smashed us off the park. But I still expect us to struggle badly. Truro, Tiverton and Saltash is our level. Also Pompey fans will have a seige mentality and lift their team with lots of noise. And their youth players will love this one too as it may be their only chance all season to shine in a 'first team' game before the proper players arrive this week. In light of this I am going to revise my prediction:

Argo 1-2 Pompey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:15 am

Not only are we now hot favourites to win tonight, but our supporters are pretty much being told not to try and create an intimidating atmosphere for our new found chums.

The Pompey Trust are expecting Play up Pompey to be sung by all sections of the ground still, good luck with that by the way, so it would be strange for our amigos to then get stick from the home fans after that!

I can't get my head around that at all. What with the Plymouth Youth Choir being stage managed to create any atmosphere, the family area being in Zoo corner and fans being urged to be nice to stricken Pompey fans, it will be reminiscent of a schoolboy International.

Then we have the collection buckets debacle. Firstly it was going to be split between the two clubs, then it was quickly changed to only money collected from away fans going to the Pompey Trust, plus half of the Fanfest profit.

What I find most strange about this is how much do you think the Pompey fans are going to be putting into buckets for their own Trust? Surely they are doing all they can already? And do they not have buckets in Portsmouth?

It has been a nice gesture that hasn't been thought out properly. I can't imagine many Argyle fans singing PUP, and that is what was first proposed, and even if it is a round of applause to show our support for their plight, how are fans supposed to go from being right there with you comrade, to "You're just a bunch of wankers"

Also because the original plan has been shot down in flames, why are collection buckets coming out again for the staff fund? How much longer are Argyle fans supposed to pay for the crimes of others and in this tough economic climate, how many times can you ask someone struggling to pay the mortgage, or recently made redundant, to stick their hands in their pockets to help out an extremely rich man who is announcing new multi-million pound deals on a weekly basis, most of which as a direct result of his very cosy relationship with the City Council, or from land that used to belong to the club?

I hope we scrape a win as I always do, but this game is one I want over and done with as soon as possible because it is embarrassing and an insult to people who have already done their fair share. I would be surprised if much money is given tonight from either set of fans, other than the fanfest money, and maybe that will send the message that it's someone else's turn to get the cheque-book out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 am

After 3 weeks of uplifting, honest and genuine sporting achievement we can now look forward to 9 months of play-acting, cheating, financial meltdown, back chat, moaning managers, over paid prima donnas, racial slurs, clichéd interviews and bland analysis. Welcome back football!
Cant wait lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 am

punchdrunk wrote:
After 3 weeks of uplifting, honest and genuine sporting achievement we can now look forward to 9 months of play-acting, cheating, financial meltdown, back chat, moaning managers, over paid prima donnas, racial slurs, clichéd interviews and bland analysis. Welcome back football!
Cant wait lol!

Yep, thats about the size of it PD Rolling Eyes cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:29 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Cant wait lol!

.....and if that doesn't grab you ....you could always slip down another notch and watch Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:17 am

The Pompey boss has already apologised to his youth team and fears a hammering. Even allowing for our piss poor form going into this I've invested £50 good ones at 4/6 on an Argyle win. Evil or Very Mad

I know, I know but even Argyle can't feck this one up......
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:36 am

I've changed my score in the prediction league to a 1 - 0 win. Surely we can't fok this up- although it could be another "jimmy glass" moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3