Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!

Go down 
+11
pepsipete
fridgey
Chemical Ali
Tringreen
Greenskin
PlymptonPilgrim
Freathy
akagreengull
shonbo
Mapperley, darling
VillageGreen
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
fridgey

fridgey

Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:14 pm

Freathy wrote:
Pompey are quite simply classes above us so keeping it down to 4 or 5 nil to them would be a major achievement. However....

Argo 0- 7 Pompey

Att 4,231
Jesus,Freathy, have you ever considered volunteering for the Samaritans?
Back to top Go down

Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:44 pm

Fridgey,in case you haven't noticed not many folk have got argyle down for a home win on this one.If the flood gates open who is to say how many portsmouth will score.
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Indeed oddball, I myself think we will lose two or three nil. However 0-7 is a touch pessimistic I would of thought. Dunno what odds you'd get on 0-7 I suspect they would be very large.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 9:11 pm

I've gone for an extra time victory! If we get hammered by a Pompey team thrown together at the last minute then we're in big shit for the season.

Past form in cups means nothing, our opponents are were we were over the last couple of seasons, and are there for the taking.

I don't want us to lose and I don't expect us to lose. It's as big an opportunity to beat higher league opposition as we will ever have and Fletcher should be ramming home the message to the players. Home advantage against a rival team in dire straits is as good as you can wish for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 am

Did Argyle ever give a reason why the tie couldn't have been played yesterday?

I thought we were in a no-lose situation if we did. As it turns out Pompey wouldn't have had a side to put out against us but even if they did, a Saturday afternoon kick-off would surely have yielded a much bigger crowd.

With the situation they are in, I would imagine a huge away following would have travelled on a Saturday and as it is that will be severely diminished on Tuesday night. Maybe that was the thinking behind leaving it as it is so that they have much less support?

I still think it has been a wasted opportunity to have a big crowd for the opening game of the season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:57 am

Considering previous comments about the cost of policing wiping out the profits from increased crowds that historically bring increased aggro, it may be that the club weighed gains & losses and went for the cheaper option?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:20 am

both sides have to agree Pompey didn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 am

pepsipete wrote:
both sides have to agree Pompey didn't.

Are you sure Pete? I thought they requested it and we said no.
Back to top Go down
IanIsInnocent

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:42 am

Shut up Jock you dunno what you're talking about
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:44 am

Ah but he is right.Pete got it back to front.Pompey wanted the game played yesterday.Carl Fletcher said no.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:45 am

Greenjock wrote:
Did Argyle ever give a reason why the tie couldn't have been played yesterday?

I thought we were in a no-lose situation if we did. As it turns out Pompey wouldn't have had a side to put out against us but even if they did, a Saturday afternoon kick-off would surely have yielded a much bigger crowd.

With the situation they are in, I would imagine a huge away following would have travelled on a Saturday and as it is that will be severely diminished on Tuesday night. Maybe that was the thinking behind leaving it as it is so that they have much less support?

I still think it has been a wasted opportunity to have a big crowd for the opening game of the season.

it clashed with the olympics
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:46 am

oddball wrote:
Ah but he is right.Pete got it back to front.Pompey wanted the game played yesterday.Carl Fletcher said no.

cf says no, has he got a signing lined up that wont happen til monday?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:51 am

IanIsInnocent wrote:
Shut up Jock you dunno what you're talking about

I know you're a sad bastard, so that's one thing I know what I'm talking about Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:26 am

oddball wrote:
Ah but he is right.Pete got it back to front.

Normal for me, but there was a grain of truth somewhere. Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:37 am

Whatever the reason I think we missed the chance of having a fairly big crowd, maybe 8,000?

Pompey fans able to get there by train and not have to take time off work, and if Argyle had still made it a friends re-united or whatever and Pompey fans had caused trouble it wouldn't exactly have helped their cause.

As it is I reckon the crowd won't be much over 5k now.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:48 am

Couldnt care less what P'mouth fans can and cant do and the lengths they got to go to to get down here. This whole fansfest jamberee and bucket for donations is leaving me with a very bad taste in my mouth. Bollocks to Pompey, bollocks to the fansfest and bollocks to the buckets. PAFC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:50 am

Can't say I'm over bothered about Pompey or their fans either, but playing the game yesterday would've meant a big crowd that's all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:06 pm

Ken Adams wrote:
Couldnt care less what P'mouth fans can and cant do and the lengths they got to go to to get down here. This whole fansfest jamberee and bucket for donations is leaving me with a very bad taste in my mouth. Bollocks to Pompey, bollocks to the fansfest and bollocks to the buckets. PAFC.

I like you, you can stay lol!
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:30 pm

argo to do the stinking pompey scum and start the promotion push,yes its gona happen,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:34 pm

tcm wrote:
argo to do the stinking pompey scum and start the promotion push,yes its gona happen,

You do know it's a cup game?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:55 pm

no shit sherlock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Drugs?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:09 pm

i know,thats what i thought Basketball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:26 pm

tcm wrote:

I do wonder if Mike's surname is Hunt sometimes Rolling Eyes

You said beat the Pompey scum and start the promotion push. It was pointed out that the Pompey game is a cup game therefore it's you that looks like a pillock right now. I should roll another fat one and dream of cutting a few lawns Mike.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Greenjock wrote:
tcm wrote:

I do wonder if Mike's surname is Hunt sometimes Rolling Eyes

You said beat the Pompey scum and start the promotion push. It was pointed out that the Pompey game is a cup game therefore it's you that looks like a pillock right now. I should roll another fat one and dream of cutting a few lawns Mike.

You mean that 'Mike' is a real person ?! I thought he was another farm mafia multi What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!   Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth at home in League Cup...Thoughts on the match and score !!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next