Go down 
+2
Freathy
Chemical Ali
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) Empty
PostSubject: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Nicked from pasoti-

On Tim Mann's show between 1500 and 1600 Tuesday 7th Aug.

You can text (07912 -590590) or email questions (studio@radioplymouth.com) beforehand or call live on 590590.

If pasoti is anything to go by, I think he may have some difficult questions to answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Does anyone really listen to that station? serious question as i havent meet one who does.

But as for difficult questions??? not likely they will be screened to feature only selected questions that designed to be easy to answer,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 6:41 pm

Tell brent i'll give him fifty quid each for his gash sheds, i will pick em up wednesday night ,it should be quite then.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Renegade wrote:
Does anyone really listen to that station? serious question as i havent meet one who does.

But as for difficult questions??? not likely they will be screened to feature only selected questions that designed to be easy to answer,

Believe it or not I've never actually heard of Radio Plymouth! I'm assuming it replaced Plymouth Sound?? Or is that still going too? Been years since I paid any attention whatsoever to local radio.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:22 pm

Part way through interview. Listen online here-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:37 pm

From what I just heard Windsor Boy ( Very Happy )? asked a question about the competitive budget and whether the team would struggle- JB said CF wouldn't be sacked if we weren't promoted and the time to sack him would have been after stourbridge. He was worried after Yeovil but encouraged by the Brum display.

Another question from Tim about the grandstand and JB said it would follow the Brighton stadium which is increasing in capacity again this season (due to demand).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:45 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
From what I just heard Windsor Boy ( Very Happy )? asked a question about the competitive budget and whether the team would struggle- JB said CF wouldn't be sacked if we weren't promoted and the time to sack him would have been after stourbridge. He was worried after Yeovil but encouraged by the Brum display.

Another question from Tim about the grandstand and JB said it would follow the Brighton stadium which is increasing in capacity again this season (due to demand).

says it all doesnt it? Fletcher is in a job come what may whether he is a success (obviously) or the team struggles.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Tony asked about discounts for armed forces. JB said it varied 20 - 25% depending on package.

Louise asked about designs for the stadium (missed answer).

Mike asked about whether the catering would improve (overpriced)- JB said improvements had been made to facilities, local beers, pasty vote. More improvements would be made with new granstand.

Interviewer on 20% trust offer- Still waiting for trust to come back

Argyle staff- Brilliant, extraordinary through 9 - 10 months without pay. if walked out the club would have gone out of existance. Natural feeling that football clubs don't make money, but important to invest in team and fan experience. Would like to pay off all staff yesterday but don't have the option. GTs helping with accelerating payment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:23 pm

so i was right then-no real questions ffs where is paxman when you need him lol
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:34 pm

"encouraged by the Brum display" it was utter garbage! lol!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:53 pm

TinTIn's summary-

Quote :
OK here goes - a summary only

All the questions received at the studio started by saying "thank you for saving the Club".

Did he have any regrets ?

The learning experience was very different from what he had expected and he had never previously experienced the level
of passion associated with the Club and the survial culture.

All his kids were now addicted to watching Argyle.

The Administration process took longer than envisaged and he never expected his identity to be revealed when it did.

He was not worried about the poor pre-season results although the Yeovil game was not the best !!

He was more encouraged by what happened against Brum.

We have a large playing budget for a League 2 Club - 2 Clubs have VERY large budgets.

Carl Fletcher has 3 objectives this season - build a squad to compete in L2, entertain and develop the youth system.

He will be given time to accomplish all three.

Work is progressing well relating to the new Grandstand - plans will be submitted at the end of 2012/start of 2013.
Build to start during the latter part of 2013 - if all things go well.
Capacity to be circa 20k
This project would go hand in hand with improving hospitality.

Phase 1 - build the new bit = 20k

Phase 2 -IF NECESSARY - build up !!!!

Images of the new Grandstand - the fans will be consulted around Xmas 2012

Armed Services personnel to be given greater incentives ? - JB to review but he thought that the Armed Services Day
and other Membership packages should not be overlooked.

The poor and over-priced catering ?

The pasty vote now in progress, more local beers available and smartened bars. He was very aware of what was missing within
"The Match Day Experience" concept.

He praised the Staff - if they had done what most people would have - the Club would have fallen. The efforts of the GT's, in particular,
was now making in-roads into quickening up the arrears payments.

One comment I did like was "every season we must start by aiming to win it, otherwise, we may as well not start it"

Now here have I heard that before ???

Keep the Faith

JB Radio Summary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 4:56 pm

so more of the same from the club then it seems. fans wont pay to watch a team hammered 5-0 no matter how many discounts you offer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 6:34 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

Everyone said he knows F all about football Laughing
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:23 pm

"Large playing budget for a League 2 Club"

So why are we signing players from the Fire Brigade?

PS-of course we've got a large budget, we get large crowds for the League we are in.

The "large budget" certainly isn't coming out of Harry's pocket so he's being disingenuous to keep on about it as if it's as a result of anything he's done, or is something we should thank him for.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:28 pm

Ffarquhar wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Everyone said he knows F all about football Laughing

If compared with the yeovil game it was slightly more encouraging. I think the true reflection on the team will be after the preston game as we will have the new players in the team.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 7:33 pm

Brent will end up thinking "thankyouforsavingtheclub" is his name.

But a few hyphens in and it'll suit any self respecting merchant banker. Sir James St-John-Saving-the-Club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)   Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday) Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent on Radio Plymouth (Tuesday)
Page 1 of 1