+3
Tringreen
Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Low Attendance for Tuesday? Empty
PostSubject: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 09:33

I think we may see quite a low turn out on Tuesday for the game against Wimbledon. Season Ticket sales are about 50% of last season, the crap performances by the team (in the last 2 home games) and the fact that its a mid-week game all are indicators that HP will be virtiually empty on Tuesday.

I don't like missing Argyle, but enough is enough- I'm hoping more that we will be liquidated and can start again as I have no faith in anyone involved with the admin and take over process, or those who are potentially involved. Some are predicting a 5k attendance i think it will be nearer 4k.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 10:32

I'm sure it will be a big wake up call for Ridders, I think we'll be lucky to break 5K. I'm up in Plymouth for a 24 hour duty shift, if all's quiet I'll sneak up but if actual work intrudes I won't shed any tears.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 10:39

I would go along with that Ali ... 4 to 4.5k
It is sad ... this time last year I looked forward to the evening games purely to see some football.
I think the Brighton evening game helped do me in on top of the behind the scenes crap that was going on ... not only did we have to put up with Ashley Barnes gesture and a tanking ( I don't blame him by the way, that's football ), but I remember being shunted around from pillar to post as Tony Campbell had messed up the POTD ticketing and turnstile operations yet again. I don't know how much they paid him but he didn't have a clue of how to operate a football club. There was only about 5,000 there but could I get a seat in Blocks 17/18 or the Lyndhurst ... could I heck as like. Asking what the problem was, I was treated with the usual disdain afforded to football fans in this country, and ended up in miserable Devonport End where I met another two long standing Argyle confederates of mine. There were 6 of us alltogether, six fans who could not wait for the game to finish. None of them will be there tomorrow, and glad not to be there.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 14:52

penzancepirate wrote:
I would go along with that Ali ... 4 to 4.5k
It is sad ... this time last year I looked forward to the evening games purely to see some football.
I think the Brighton evening game helped do me in on top of the behind the scenes crap that was going on ... not only did we have to put up with Ashley Barnes gesture and a tanking ( I don't blame him by the way, that's football ), but I remember being shunted around from pillar to post as Tony Campbell had messed up the POTD ticketing and turnstile operations yet again. I don't know how much they paid him but he didn't have a clue of how to operate a football club. There was only about 5,000 there but could I get a seat in Blocks 17/18 or the Lyndhurst ... could I heck as like. Asking what the problem was, I was treated with the usual disdain afforded to football fans in this country, and ended up in miserable Devonport End where I met another two long standing Argyle confederates of mine. There were 6 of us alltogether, six fans who could not wait for the game to finish. None of them will be there tomorrow, and glad not to be there.

Very, very sad.

Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 16:38

Would never have made 'ome anyway as I only finish work at 4pm. Inconcievable in the present circumstances but I may have otherwise considered taking a day off for Wimbledon as i've watched a couple of their games as they rose up the leagues, big respect to them.

Crawley v Southend is just down the road so i'll head there again to get a look at what Luggy is quietly putting together. I guess Barks and 'Junior' are still with him. And what's the consensus on Liam Dickinson?, previously he'd be abused for ditching Argyle but I guess in the present climate it's to be understood why he didn't stay, can't blame the guy really, Ridsdale didn't even pretent to talk payment.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 19:52

If it's only 4k tomorrow no-one can blame those staying away one bit! I'm one of them. It's not just Saturday's 'perfomance' and result, although I think that will have knocked a good 1k-1.5k off tomorrows gate. But Argyle fans have now endured 4 long miserable years of utter SHIT at home. This in itself is bad enough but it's also exacerbated by there being no hope of any improvement whatsoever even in the much longer term. I think people have finally had enough.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 20:08

X Isle wrote:
Would never have made 'ome anyway as I only finish work at 4pm. Inconcievable in the present circumstances but I may have otherwise considered taking a day off for Wimbledon as i've watched a couple of their games as they rose up the leagues, big respect to them.

Crawley v Southend is just down the road so i'll head there again to get a look at what Luggy is quietly putting together. I guess Barks and 'Junior' are still with him. And what's the consensus on Liam Dickinson?, previously he'd be abused for ditching Argyle but I guess in the present climate it's to be understood why he didn't stay, can't blame the guy really, Ridsdale didn't even pretent to talk payment.

Course you can't blame him,i never swallowed the personal reasons/ankle shooting bollocks,anyway.Very surprised that anyone wants to sign for us,pretty lucky [or not,depending on your point of view] that we've even put a team on the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyMon 15 Aug 2011, 21:07

Was anyone else quite surprised at how high the gate was on Saturday? Clearing 6k in this terrible division is almost impressive, particularly when you take into consideration how much crap we're in and the piss taking fellas 'sorting out' the club.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 04:44

Back to 4,000 crowds....it appears we have turned the full circle back to the beginning.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 16:56

punchdrunk wrote:
Back to 4,000 crowds....it appears we have turned the full circle back to the beginning.

Nah, we've gone beyond full circle, we're worse. Back in the 'bad old days' we at least had unity, integrity, and honesty..............admittedly it was unified sh1t, integrity laden sh1t, but it was honest sh1t. I boycott Mc666 then too but at looking back he was an honest tosser, a positively benign custodian compared to the clusterf**k we've got now.

As well s sh1t football, which we can all deal with, we've got rotten foundations, that to me makes our position worse than the 'Kevin Hodges' Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 17:59

X Isle wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Nah, we've gone beyond full circle, we're worse. Back in the 'bad old days' we at least had unity, integrity, and honesty..............admittedly it was unified sh1t, integrity laden sh1t, but it was honest sh1t. I boycott Mc666 then too but at looking back he was an honest tosser, a positively benign custodian compared to the clusterf**k we've got now.

As well s sh1t football, which we can all deal with, we've got rotten foundations, that to me makes our position worse than the 'Kevin Hodges' Argyle.

Tis true. Only the terminally tinted can possibly want to support a club with such baggage, just to maintain Div 2 status................temporarily.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? EmptyTue 16 Aug 2011, 18:54

Forgot about the fireworks on the Hoe tonight. Could very well be the lowest gate since the Hodges era.

Look how far we've come
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Low Attendance for Tuesday?   Low Attendance for Tuesday? Empty

Back to top Go down

Low Attendance for Tuesday?
Page 1 of 1